What are you playing now?

TLOU. I need to hear all the jokes. I need to find all the comics. I need to hear all the optional conversations.

So...Firefall beta. I made a chr (what is up with the female's ginormous rear end/thighs and tiny head, lol) and then reached the spot where you're supposed to select your wearable battlesuit or something (which is what dictates your current abilities I gather). I know you can change them out if you want, later, but I still couldn't decide which one might be best for me, so I quit to look them up. :lol: I like the Recon's fast rate of fire, tho.

And I definitely like those flying boots etc. That is too much fun.

firefall-beta-0002.jpg

youalreadyknow.jpg

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 2

Btw, I'm not protesting the female figure in Firefall. It's just extremely funny looking to me because of the bizarre proportional aspect. In-game (not so much in that screenshot) it's like a super-wide angle lens effect in photography. The tiny head with almost no neck, in particular, looks wrong, heh. Especially in the character creation menu (once in armor it's not quite so bizarre). Utterly and hysterically comical and when I hit the chr. creation menu I was LOL for long minutes.

I mean, look at that tiny head, it's not much wider than her calf. Something just looks off, there. :lol:

firefall-beta-0003.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It does look horrible.

Its probably done to make the body look better in power armor, which doesn't look truly massive unless you have a smaller head on a large body. If you keep everything proportional the impressive visual effect vanishes.

However, I've no idea why the hips are so massive by default.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

So, walking dead updated, 8 new achievements I assume mean new content, and I am 'wtf?'

Is that free or do you need to pay for it. If paying, worth it? TWD itself was kinda a let down to me...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Someone on the dev team likes ebony that's for sure  :biggrin:

A 3D modelling guy with a fetish?

We 3D modelers don't get out much.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I needz me the cat-ears. Alas, I have no Red Beans to buy them, I can only try them on. :(

firefall-beta-0005.jpg

Does it stay dark in-game all night, real-clock-time wise? That kinda sucks if you like to play at 1am, I'd hope the night/day cycles would be shorter...

...got through the tutorial stuff, which seems to give you a lot of XP for not doing much, plus tries to show how the crafting and upgrading of your suit works. I still find it confusing. I definitely like the look of the game, the guns etc. Tried the Dreadnaught first, who would be survivability-cool except that darn delay before her giant gun fires gets annoying. Switched to the Recon and I think I like that one better (sniper-like zooming/aiming/speed) but not many hitpoints there...plus leveling up each suit w/one chr. seems like it'd be a lot of work. Anyway, seems like fun...still not sure, but I need some sleep now. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Frozen Synapse. Though more like "What are you panicking about?" because that game is full of moments when you click to confirm the end of your turn, but at that moment you realize you forgot to take into account that your otherwise awesomely position shotgunner can be easily sniped from one of the 3-4 windows in the room, and then next turn you end up having 1 less unit in your possession.

My nerves can't handle a 5vs13 match, aagh. Managed to win it though somehow. The game somehow gets easier when you start running out of troops, because then AI offense becomes more concentrated and predictable

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

Ghost Recon. So fun creeping around peering for Russians to snipe or ambush. Not many epic firefights in the game, but I suppose that is more realistic given the scale.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, walking dead updated, 8 new achievements I assume mean new content, and I am 'wtf?'

Is that free or do you need to pay for it. If paying, worth it? TWD itself was kinda a let down to me...

5 bucks. It's more of the same so probably not worth it for you.

It's not bad, but some of the stories are too short, while one is 7 mins padding, 1 min setup and 1 minute resolution.

Oh and some of the "endings" are, well, weird.

Edited by Oner

Btw, I'm not protesting the female figure in Firefall. It's just extremely funny looking to me because of the bizarre proportional aspect. In-game (not so much in that screenshot) it's like a super-wide angle lens effect in photography. The tiny head with almost no neck, in particular, looks wrong, heh. Especially in the character creation menu (once in armor it's not quite so bizarre). Utterly and hysterically comical and when I hit the chr. creation menu I was LOL for long minutes.

I mean, look at that tiny head, it's not much wider than her calf. Something just looks off, there. :lol:

firefall-beta-0003.jpg

If I saw someone who looked like that in reality, I'd expect them to be suffering from some new kind of developmental disability like a super fetal alcohol syndrome.

I checked out the site for that game, when I looked and saw they're calling their tie-in comic book a "manga," I just said "nope. That's it. Out." And left.

• Like 1

You need to pay. It's a DLC episode called 400 days and bridges the gap between season 1 and 2. I've not played it yet though because the last double xp weekend for TOR started today. It costs £4 though so unless the quality has dropped significantly from the core game it probably is worth it.

I checked out the site for that game, when I looked and saw they're calling their tie-in comic book a "manga," I just said "nope. That's it. Out." And left.

Heh. I have zero interest in tie-ins. I haven't felt like the game feels like a manga or anything, but I barely know what manga is. Outside of the chrs, brighter colors, and more mech style, it graphically reminds me a wee bit of Borderlands, only slicker.

Currently trying to get hubby to download and try it, since I think it's xbox-controller compatible. I like running around shooting stuff, but it'd be more fun with a partner. Hubs will hate the crafting/upgrading the suit stuff (I'm not sure I like that part, either) but that's what I'm for, I guess.

Recon is definitely fragile. Might have to go Dreadnaught or Assault until I figure the game out more. If hubs doesn't like it at all tho, I might give this one a pass.

Pretty sure I missed the second installment of Ellie's jokes in Pittsburgh, starting chapter over. This game is a huge pain.

Heh. I have zero interest in tie-ins. I haven't felt like the game feels like a manga or anything, but I barely know what manga is. Outside of the chrs, brighter colors, and more mech style, it graphically reminds me a wee bit of Borderlands, only slicker.

"Manga" is literally the Japanese word equivalent to "comics" in the print sense (not as in comedians or comedy,) hence the obvious foolishness of someone who's not Japanese referring to their not-Japanese comic as "manga." It's an incredibly superficial marketing gimmick meant to rope in anime nerds, done without the knowledge that anime nerds are aware and highly irritable about non-Japanese productions masquerading as their preferred form of entertainment. Example: Bioware had a Mass Effect "anime" produced (from what I can tell from its Wikipedia page it was just a Canadian cartoon outsourced to a Japanese animation studio,) effectively nobody in Japan cared about Mass Effect before or after its release, Bioware's core Western fanbase was either apathetic or enraged.

Bioware's core Western fanbase was either apathetic or enraged.

Or just facepalming really hard, like me.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Bioware's core Western fanbase was either apathetic or enraged.

Or just facepalming really hard, like me.

Horrible animation.

I watched a trailer, it was enough for me. In my defence, I'm not writing manifestos on how bad it is, based on said trailer, unlike what people did with DA2. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Are we expecting spin off merchandising to be any good now? That sort of thing happens against all odds, not on purpose.

The fans in this case are those retards that treat their chosen game/comic/film/series like its the word of god.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Because I bought the Wadjet Eye collection, I'm now playing a bunch of adventure games. Just finished Blackwell Unbound, the second episode of the series.

I liked this slightly better than Blackwell Legacy, maybe because I didn't feel like I was brute-forcing solutions nearly as much as in that game. Heck, I had to check up Gamefaqs for that game because I didn't know what the heck I was supposed to do with that pill. It's a short game, though I'm not complaining because it cost me less than an euro, and the game has developers' commentary, which to me is the BEST type of extra a game can have. The voice acting was still rather hit&miss, and the game really likes to throw you out of conversations, even if the person you're talking to still has clues to reveal.

Edited by Nordicus