Dragon Age III / The Witcher 3 trailers. Impressions?

Rahelron

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these games?

• They will both be great.
    • TW3 will be good/great, DA3 will not.
    • DA3 will be good/great, TW2 will not.
    • They will both suck.

Good idea. Instead of dealing with **** like women being forced to marry their rapists, we can complain on the internet and declare mission accomplished when Bioware covers up dem tittays.

As opposed to complaining on the internet when women are forced to marry their rapists.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The professional voice actors they had in the last game seem good enough to me, can't see the need for inexperienced "names" to be added to the roster, though i wouldn't mind if Triss and Jaskier's VA's were replaced. That said Shagga from GoT did a good job as Letho.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm afraid i've no idea whom John Cygan is Drudanae.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I didn't realize it had gotten that bad. Like wow, it's like **** Reddit Says and Tumblr took over

Meh... the itnernet is geting over-sensitized.

More and more forums seem like they are run by natzi's. It's liek people have nothing better to do with their life other than look for things to be offended about.

I just recenetly got banned from BSN for posting a DA meme in hte DA meme thread. Because the meme contained hte word "F***".

Becuase nudity, sex, violence and sacrificing children to demons is OK, but saying the forbidden word? OH MY GAAAAAAWD!

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I didn't realize it had gotten that bad. Like wow, it's like **** Reddit Says and Tumblr took over

Meh... the itnernet is geting over-sensitized.

More and more forums seem like they are run by natzi's. It's liek people have nothing better to do with their life other than look for things to be offended about.

I just recenetly got banned from BSN for posting a DA meme in hte DA meme thread. Because the meme contained hte word "F***".

Becuase nudity, sex, violence and sacrificing children to demons is OK, but saying the forbidden word? OH MY GAAAAAAWD!

You are out of control Trashman, completely OUT OF CONTROL !!!!   :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't think they'd appreciate you sacrificing children or posting nude pictures on their forum, either.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't think they'd appreciate you sacrificing children or posting nude pictures on their forum, either.

And pictures of sacrificed nude children will get you banned right quick...  Not to mention a visit from the local (and possibly federal) authorities.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's fake. He does run FAKKU, but that twitter post never happened.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's fake. He does run FAKKU, but that twitter post never happened.

That's good to know, very big relief :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If Ion Storm were writing their design docs in french it might explain why DX and Anachronox were delayed, and go some way to explaining Daikatana.

There is no way, nor will there ever be, to explain Daikatana.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sure there is. John Romero. The sword improving along with you was kind of a cool idea at the time

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good idea. Instead of dealing with **** like women being forced to marry their rapists, we can complain on the internet and declare mission accomplished when Bioware covers up dem tittays.

As opposed to complaining on the internet when women are forced to marry their rapists.
As opposed to complaining on the internet about people complaining on the internet about people complaining on the internet. Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Well, at least that can directly affect the target, being in the same realm so to speak.

I'm afraid i've no idea whom John Cygan is Drudanae.

John Cygan to me will always be Canderous Ordo. He, like many good voice actors has been a tonne of other things as well, though.

caderous_ordo1_321.jpg

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Sure there is. John Romero. The sword improving along with you was kind of a cool idea at the time

Other things that seemed like cool ideas at the time:

32-27483-Y.jpg

80s-accessories-leg-warmers.jpg

Vokuhila.jpg

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If Ion Storm were writing their design docs in french it might explain why DX and Anachronox were delayed, and go some way to explaining Daikatana.

There is no way, nor will there ever be, to explain Daikatana.

Daikatana wasn't that bad.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

CD Projekt bagged some new voice actors..

Having Liam Neeson in Fallout 3 didn't make it Schindler's List.

Why was that comparison made around Fallout 3?

I think the point is having  recognized actors can only add value to the overall gaming experience but you right, Witcher 3 won't win an Oscar.

Because Fallout 3's main storyline was weak, full of plot holes and "Dad" was a shallow character whose only real relevance was the fact that he was voiced by A-list actor Liam Neeson, whom I'm sure Bethesda paid a lot of money for not a lot of work. It didn't add any value to the overall gaming experience (what's with all these Irishmen in a region of post-apocalyptic America in which even the mighty BOS hasn't managed to restore motor vehicles to working order, much less a seaworthy ocean-going vessel?) That's been a longtime complaint about Bethesda's use of A-list actors in their games, it does nothing for the gameplay or narrative experience, and the money spent paying them would have been better used hiring more voice actors for the general populace of NPCs. The implication, of course, is that hiring Maisie Williams and Liam Cunningham won't make The Witcher 3 comparable in narrative quality to ASOIAF to anyone who doesn't already believe it's equal to, or better than, the aforementioned series of novels.

In the meantime, I take it we've moved on from "END OF RINE," Hamburger Hepler, gigglesquee and the chemical composition of Tali's sweat to Bioware staffers' public pride in their choice of sexually deviant Japanese erogames.

Edited by AGX-17

No, but they put it in their games and you can talk about it on their forums.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

WTH are you guys posting!?

Deviant anime?

The stuff that only the way weird nerds look at in Japan? (though admittedly...there do seem quite a number of those...and even more weird, their numbers are increasing.  Even scarier, I think those numbers have migrated to the US and UK and are currently increasing in amount there as well, and most of them aren't even Japanese!).

Except for the RPGs, can't say I'm really all that interested in anime or anything like it, and now after the above postings...probably even LESS interested in it...if that was possible.

The mod squad recommends thinking before posting. Thread pruned. Also closed as it seem to have run its course.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: