What you did today

Rosbjerg

No, no. It's a real food product.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/14/soylent_experiment/

I have a mate who's considering it because he has long term gut problems.

Then they really should have thought up a different name for their product (in fact a different name for their company too).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Fried roaches, yes, that's the ticket. Crunchy protein yums!

As to Soylent, like with any liquid nutritional substitute goop, I'd have to wonder if living off it entire would equal some inconvenient or embarrassing intestinal issues after a while. I think I'll pass. That said, drinking a glass as a replacement meal once or twice a day wouldn't hurt anyone without an allergy to any of the ingredients. Assuming that list of ingredients they give out is accurate. But whatever ... as long as a diet one is using is working for one's personal needs/wants, that's really all that matters.

Myself, I couldn't give up the fun of ripping, tearing, and masticating my food with my teeth. Growr.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm with LC. Some of my earliest family memories are tearing at meat, and cracking bone marrow.

OK that sounded weirder than it feels in my head. :)

However, I confess I'm intrigued by the whole soylent thing. Which I actually think is very smart. Yes, it has bad connotations, but they are obviously wrong. But people talk about it. Imagine it was called 'nutritio 500', none of you would have even reacted.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also, if this wasn't a forum of fairly well-versed sci-fi movie goers, that would probably have gone over a lot of people's heads...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had too much to drink today and am very depressed, because I mistakenly believed that Shadowrun Returns would be released on June 25th, which is in less than an hour for me.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So, in 3 days, I got the better part of 25 hours at my new job. Most of it on Saturday/Sunday.

And did my class so now I'm just waiting for my grades to return, so I can truely get back into school and finish this degree that's been almost 12 years in the waiting.

*checks* Oh joy, I get the minibus that has no AC in it tomorrow for a quick charter in the morning.

Edited by Calax
  • Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I feel bad that I've been working towards a degree and done only about 1.5 years worth of progress in 3 years. Having a full time job really sucks ass.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Everything hurts and I'm cranky like a cat who has been staring at an empty food bowl for hours. :cat:

Been listening to "Men in Black" all day, via the headphones. Something about the rhythm of the song is kinda soothing in a grooving way.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pushing through the morning, had an on/off sleep, and a bout of weird dreams, now sipping tea and letting a minor headache fuzzle around in the background.

The dogs are being a bit back and forth and all "fuss me! fuss me!", and the sun is shining so I'm pondering whether to try clearing a bunch of laundry before I poke at something work related.

Got 4 hours of sleep, due to tossing and turning and being generally pissed off to such a degree that I got a nosebleed.

Why? Because SVT is now allowed to take a TV-licence fee from computer owners. Because they have an internet service.

THE INTERNET IS NOT A MOTHER****ING BROADCAST YOU ****WITS!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHG!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

We got that from the beginning of this year. 'cept they said the same, and then decided that everybody has to pay it, whether they have a tv or not instead of simply expanding it to computer users (though they used the same rationale).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The very reason we've had licence fees was because it's impossible to control a broadcast! The internet is the exact opposite!

First of all I have to actually pay for a service to be able to reach their site, then I have to actually want to FETCH the data! A broadcast is an indiscriminate transmission of information that goes everywhere!

The day those wankers starts paying for internet to everyone, so that it truly becomes a semblance of a broadcast, then they can actually collet money from me.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I only technically need a radio license, but I pay for a Tv license because as much as the BBC annoys me, it annoys people I hate much more.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

hm, apparently gran fell down out in her garden this morning and is still being a bit wobbly. So its the family arranging to get her in for a doctor's checkup this afternoon. The joys of making it to your 90's I'd say...

hm, apparently gran fell down out in her garden this morning and is still being a bit wobbly. So its the family arranging to get her in for a doctor's checkup this afternoon. The joys of making it to your 90's I'd say...

Hope she's OK, man. But not wanting to sound callous, 90 is pretty much as far as I'd like to go.

-Elwood Blues

Eh, I made a bet with some friends back in secondary school that I'd still be going strong a century from then. So to win my pound we've arranged to meet up a short distance from where my school was when I'm 114... :shifty:

Edit: I mean, literally ever couple of years one of us turns round and does the "Remember, 2093, July 21st, just outside of Clements..."

Edited by Raithe

I only technically need a radio license, but I pay for a Tv license because as much as the BBC annoys me, it annoys people I hate much more.

I'd actually pay a licence for the BBC, atleast they make some quality programmes, unlike the Swedish equivalent. I'd pay in a heartbeat once I'd have a TV, no problem - fair is fair. I don't have a TV antenna, parabolic dish, nor a fricking TV. I don't even have a radio.

Hopefully it's nothing bad, best wishes!

Hope she's OK, man. But not wanting to sound callous, 90 is pretty much as far as I'd like to go.

I'd personally say 60 is as far as I'd like to go. Then again, I'm lucky to hit 50.

Edited by Azdeus

I'd actually pay a licence for the BBC, atleast they make some quality programmes, unlike the Swedish equivalent. I'd pay in a heartbeat once I'd have a TV, no problem - fair is fair. I don't have a TV antenna, parabolic dish, nor a fricking TV. I don't even have a radio.

Write to the Queen. Make your case. My sister wrote to the Queen when she was six and got a reply.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Actually, let's ALL write to the Queen.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Ohhh... Write the Queen and ask for an annexation, so that Sweden fall under the BBC's jurisdiction! Good idea! ^^

Ohhh... Write the Queen and ask for an annexation, so that Sweden fall under the BBC's jurisdiction! Good idea! ^^

Yes, and get a bloody avatar. You look like obyknven right now, and it's freaking me out.

-Elwood Blues

Is this better? /pose

• Like 1

I feel bad that I've been working towards a degree and done only about 1.5 years worth of progress in 3 years. Having a full time job really sucks ass.

Don't feel bad KP, it took me 10 years to finish my undergrad degree. I never took more than 1-2 classes per semester and always at night and I worked full time the whole way. You just have to stick with it. Whatever you do, do not ever take a break, it's too easy to not go back.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is this better? /pose

Much better. Gotta love the Guard.

-Elwood Blues