What are you playing now?

Tried to play Sleeping Dogs. I hate the driving. I must be missing something:

When on a bike, how do I look up so I can see the traffic light?

When in a car, how do I look left or right when comming out of a side street, so I can see if I am clear to turn into the main street?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

When in a car, how do I look left or right when comming out of a side street, so I can see if I am clear to turn into the main street?

Melk if you are playing it on PC you should use a Controller?

I used a Controller and had no issues around camera control, plus it makes the combat much easier :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

When you perfectly calculate the trajectory of a flak cannon grenade in a low gravity game and smack a player into gibs as he's jumping between two buildings in Morpheus, you know you're the real deal and that you're playing a FPS.

Ahh DM-Deck 16 my old friend... My specialty was sniping, I could headshot guys while we were both midair. Damn now I miss those massive LAN parties in the 90s ..

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

The UT sniper was the most fun weapon in any FPS period. Fun > realism every time.

and the great soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHxiDA1Y6s

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I used a Controller and had no issues around camera control, plus it makes the combat much easier :)

I am using a controller. Though it seems that if it isnt an XBOX controller things are wonkier than with a keyboard?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

True. Its the best UT and the best multiplayer shooter ever made. When I play it for a week or two with those speed modifiers I start twitching in real life.

But I'm absolute murder in any FPS at that point.

This is why CoD and the rest of them are like a cold shower for me. The character always drags in everything he does, all the weapons are the same uninteresting crap, the awful leveling systems give people who play the game all the time additional advantages (as if they need them?). Or in Battlefield? Camping a broken spot in the map and chucking grenades in the same place for hours racking up kills for nothing.

When you perfectly calculate the trajectory of a flak cannon grenade in a low gravity game and smack a player into gibs as he's jumping between two buildings in Morpheus, you know you're the real deal and that you're playing a FPS.

I couldn't agree with you more! IMO the worst thing about modern shooters are the awful controls, it feels like my character is walking on ice or driving a skateboard. I guess thats supposed to be ''realistic.''

Sadly I've never been really good with the flak cannon, but I've totally mastered the pulse gun secondary fire mode, the beam. I won like 75% of all duels with the pulse gun, I just dodge around like a maniac on crack and keep that beam frying my opponents face. Ah, and the good old shock rifle spamming alt mode in tight corridors... My favorite map was DM-Peak and DM-Liandri.

Oh, and music: UT OST - Firebreath

The UT sniper was the most fun weapon in any FPS period. Fun > realism every time

CTF - FacingWorlds. Nuff said. :w00t:
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I am using a controller. Though it seems that if it isnt an XBOX controller things are wonkier than with a keyboard?

Okay, I used a Xbox Controller so you may be right?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

True. Its the best UT and the best multiplayer shooter ever made. When I play it for a week or two with those speed modifiers I start twitching in real life.

But I'm absolute murder in any FPS at that point.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Agree as well. We should make an Obz tournament haha..

Fortune favors the bald.

Guest Slinky

The UT sniper was the most fun weapon in any FPS period. Fun > realism every time.

and the great soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHxiDA1Y6s

That soundtrack is one of the reasons why I got totally hooked on UT back in the day. Played the crap out of it first on PS2, then got a PC and unsurprisingly noticed the PC version is billion times better and proceeded to play the crap out of it again.

Tried to like UT2004 too, but failed. Something just was missing from it. Even modded the original UT's musics in it which of course helped for a while, everything is better when Mechanism Eight is playing in the background.

Decided to go for some Alpha Centauri and tried playing as Hive (first time). I usually play Transcend, but apparently my game is veeery rusty and 2 times in a row I was annihilated pretty early on by the aggressive AI. Swallowed pride and played on Thinker instead..

Fortune favors the bald.

After Oblivion, I told myself I was not going to buy Skyrim early.  I told myself it was not worth paying full price, I would be better off waiting.  But somehow it came out and I rushed to the store to buy it.  I need therapy.

I told myself the same.  Fortunately I had the resolve to not give in.

Woohoo. Yeah, pretty much the same here. Pre-ordered Oblivion SE because I liked MW so much, and got the cold shower. So waiting for a cheap Skyrim Gold pack with all DLC. Bethesda shall not get full price from me again till they prove themselves again.

As for playing;

KOTOR2 and TOR.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I've just started DmC and I'm enjoying it so far. I am getting comfortable with the controls and this is always a  must for a game like this. I also enjoy there interpretation of the world beset by demonic forces.

John Milton 

Decided to go for some Alpha Centauri and tried playing as Hive (first time). I usually play Transcend, but apparently my game is veeery rusty and 2 times in a row I was annihilated pretty early on by the aggressive AI. Swallowed pride and played on Thinker instead..

I'm playing Yang on Transcend currently! Its going well, but its not easy.

Lal got an entire continent for himself with the whole monsoon jungle in it, so he's sporting some size 10 cities. He also beat me to the hunter seeker algorithm, so I have to do it all the hard way.

Luckily I can produce 3 units in the time it takes Lal to produce one.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

So waiting for a cheap Skyrim Gold pack with all DLC.

Due this week, heh. (Called "Legendary edition")

Thanks. First I hear of it. Shows how much I really care (not much). But I guess I will try out Skyrim soon then...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I am weak and just playing on Talent. Giving up on my game as I'm just getting missile spammed to death, heh. I'll give it another run with Santiago and try to at least get a continent to myself.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am weak and just playing on Talent. Giving up on my game as I'm just getting missile spammed to death, heh. I'll give it another run with Santiago and try to at least get a continent to myself.

You just need to work on your speed. Doing more in a shorter amount of time is the key to outplaying the AI regardless in which part of the game the big conflict comes.

I'm having a huge war with Lal currently over his major city. I'm gambling on that he can't produce units at the same rate that I can so I'm throwing my men to die in droves for every conquest.

On the other hand, while my cities produce veteran troops with the best weapons in one turn, It takes a while for them to cross all the roads to the battlefield. So I may in fact be screwed. 

But I took the Hunter seeker Algorithm from him so at least I can't be targeted with probes.

Sister Miriam is waging war on me but she's not being very active. Air power coming up very soon, that'll change everything. If I can keep Hunter seeker so that other factions can't steal air power from me and mass produce needlejets Lal and the rest of them are as good as dead.

A plane can kill a unit every turn, costs little and can reinforce faster than anything they have. I think planes are overpowered in this game. Its always the game changing moment in my games, everything tends to go downhill for the AI from here.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Probably poor base placement did me in anyway, thinking about it. But eh, first SMAC game in a while.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think XBox Live has found a scientific way of screwing me.  Every single time I want to get a DLC, the price is always juuuuuust a bit more than my leftover balance from previous purchases.  Latest DLC I want to get is 800 MS points.  My current balance is 780.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think XBox Live has found a scientific way of screwing me.  Every single time I want to get a DLC, the price is always juuuuuust a bit more than my leftover balance from previous purchases.  Latest DLC I want to get is 800 MS points.  My current balance is 780.

#include <scrwjb.h>

int getGreedyProfit(void) {

if  GhostofAnakinBalance >= Price

Price = GhostofAnakinBalance + 20;

return(Price);

}

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Expeditions: Conquistador

I spend a lot of time getting lost in the jungle.

Am now at a point where I can get my first native member for the expedition. Need to decide what to do. Only have one racist follower, so the morale hit isn't that significant. More of a roleplay dilema: do I try and convince someone to leave behind their village or do I leave them there...

Playing some more GRID 2.  Once I got past the first season, which basically shoved drifting down my throat, the game got 1000% more fun as I finally have access to racing with my beloved (mostly) European grippy precision cars.  I'm still early in the game so I'm driving relatively tame cars.  My favorite so far is the Alfa Romeo Giulietta.  It doesn't have as much power as most of the other cars in its class, and thus doesn't accelerate as well, but it's lighter and is all types of butterlicious through the corners.  Not surprisingly, I do the vast majority of my passing under breaking.  There are some real pretty tracks in the game.  Cote D'Azur, as expected, is ****ing spectacular.  Just the thought of ripping through that winding coastal road in a ridiculous beast like the Koenigsegg CXX gives me all type of wood.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks