RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Because just like every TW game for the last ten years it will be pretty much the same game with the same promises and the same gamebreaking flaws, and once again we'll all love it for a week then realise it's still broken, and then find out it's even less moddable than the last. 

Arguably it still provides enough fun to be worth the money, but it certainly isn't much to be excited about.

Can't really remember any game breaking bugs in Shogun 2, I can remember being a little pissed at the DLC though. Blood as DLC..........

Empire was pretty bad from what I can remember though. Didn't play it much though, since I don't find that time period/setting interesting.

The AI usually shows it's ugly badly coded head after a few hours of gameplay. But my grief will always be the decision to move away from mods. It was the thing that kept me playing a TW game right until the next one arrived.

Fortune favors the bald.

Because just like every TW game for the last ten years it will be pretty much the same game with the same promises and the same gamebreaking flaws, and once again we'll all love it for a week then realise it's still broken, and then find out it's even less moddable than the last. 

Arguably it still provides enough fun to be worth the money, but it certainly isn't much to be excited about.

Can't really remember any game breaking bugs in Shogun 2, I can remember being a little pissed at the DLC though. Blood as DLC..........

Empire was pretty bad from what I can remember though. Didn't play it much though, since I don't find that time period/setting interesting.

I loved Empire, new tactics, new types of units, first time real naval combat, global presence!!!

Some features could have been better, but still one of my favs, Rome and Medieval 2 are still among two best though, but with Rome 2 I can see where the crown of leadership will go :D

It's the funny thing about the Codex: For every one thing they say that's insightful (or, dare I say, something reasonable, well-adjusted people might agree with them on) there's about ten other things that are exceedingly bitter and/or narcissistic,  

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Cheap CDKEY deals:

http://www.go2arena.com/?adid=MEM1_20130429&id=1

Metro is currently on discount

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I wouldn't know, I haven't been keeping up with the reviews

re.TW: Not gamebreaking bugs but gamebreaking flaws. E.g. for a while after release, E:TW AI was so dumb that if you kept your line and marched slowly at an angle towards their army they would try and recreate a fractal diagram with their units, or try and attack you by constructing a battle line orthogonal to yours, and other nonsense. For a LONG time after release, M2TW AI was even dumber and would stand still and be slowly demolished by artillery fire without moving, amongst other stupidities. The way they behaved on the campaign map was also about as intelligent as a rat on drugs, forming and reforming stacks randomly and moving around the map with no regard for attack or defense.

Shogun 2 did address this decade of unchanging failure, mostly by restricting scope (smaller range of units, smaller map, etc) but will R2TW bring this sensibility to bear in the new epic huge game?

• Like 1

Shogun 2 did address this decade of unchanging failure, mostly by restricting scope (smaller range of units, smaller map, etc) but will R2TW bring this sensibility to bear in the new epic huge game?

Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a Dataprobe. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang 

"Looking God in the Eye"

Note: Does not apply to Total War

In other words, no.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Wondering why they are releasing it for PC. The last MGS game released on PC was MGS2 years ago...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wait...  Is Rising the real MGS game or the hack em up brawler?  It's the brawler, isn't it?  Interest level zero.  Don't get me wrong, it's probably a good game, it's just not my bag.  I play MGS for stealth...  and to be interrupted by conversations every 2 minutes...  and for the ridiculously convoluted storylines. (I actually do sort of enjoy, in a twisted way, watching Kojima paint himself into a corner, then seeing how much more ridiculously convoluted the story, which was alreay ridiculously convoluted to begin with, becomes in an attempt to get out of said corner)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I play MGS for stealth...  and to be interrupted by conversations every 2 minutes...  and for the ridiculously convoluted storylines. (I actually do sort of enjoy, in a twisted way, watching Kojima paint himself into a corner, then seeing how much more ridiculously convoluted the story, which was alreay ridiculously convoluted to begin with, becomes in an attempt to get out of said corner)

The stealth might only have a very minor part in Metal Gear Rising (though still there), the game still has the overabundance of dialog (that final boss, oh boy) and overly convoluted plots. Granted, Platinum is sorta aware how dumb it all is, they give a few hints here and there of the tongue-and-cheekness even if half the cast is really preachy and start talking bad philosophy at the drop of a hat

Obsidian co-developing Russian MMO "Skyforge"?

Google translate:

Studio Obsidian Entertainment will help in the development of Mail.Ru MMORPG Skyforge. As stated in a release sent to the Editor, "Heathcliff," a press release about the collaboration between Obsidian and studio owned by Mail.Ru Allods Team was announced at GDC 2013.

On what conditions Obsidian agreed to participate in the development of the project, in the press release did not specify. There, however, the head of the studio contains a comment Fergus Urquhart, who praised the project Allods Team.

MMORPG Skyforge been in development since 2010. It is a fantasy game, which will be distributed shareware. Release date of the project is currently called. The game will only PC. Previous project creators Skyforge a MMO «Allods Online."

Studio Obsidian, founded by people from Black Isle, in existence since 2003. Among the most well-known projects team includes Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dungeon Siege 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. In recent years, the studio has experienced significant financial difficulties: in 2012 it was forced to close several projects and reduce a significant number of their employees. At the end of that year, THQ, for which Obsidian has been developing games on the cartoon "South Park", has gone bankrupt. Rights for the project was acquired by Ubisoft, and since then, no further data about it in the press have been reported. The new owners just announced that they will release the game before the end of this year.

Now the studio is working on Obsidian RPG, which is called Project Eternity. Its release is scheduled for 2014. Funds for the project developers are going through crowdfunding website Kickstarter.

A new low, man.

Google translate:

Studio Obsidian Entertainment will help in the development of Mail.Ru MMORPG Skyforge. As stated in a release sent to the Editor, "Heathcliff," a press release about the collaboration between Obsidian and studio owned by Mail.Ru Allods Team was announced at GDC 2013.

On what conditions Obsidian agreed to participate in the development of the project, in the press release did not specify. There, however, the head of the studio contains a comment Fergus Urquhart, who praised the project Allods Team.

MMORPG Skyforge been in development since 2010. It is a fantasy game, which will be distributed shareware. Release date of the project is currently called. The game will only PC. Previous project creators Skyforge a MMO «Allods Online."

Studio Obsidian, founded by people from Black Isle, in existence since 2003. Among the most well-known projects team includes Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dungeon Siege 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. In recent years, the studio has experienced significant financial difficulties: in 2012 it was forced to close several projects and reduce a significant number of their employees. At the end of that year, THQ, for which Obsidian has been developing games on the cartoon "South Park", has gone bankrupt. Rights for the project was acquired by Ubisoft, and since then, no further data about it in the press have been reported. The new owners just announced that they will release the game before the end of this year.

Now the studio is working on Obsidian RPG, which is called Project Eternity. Its release is scheduled for 2014. Funds for the project developers are going through crowdfunding website Kickstarter.

A new low, man.

I'm more confused than a chimp full of sherbet.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not sure what you mean by dignified deals. I don't know anything about this studio in Russia but I have a bit of faith in Obs.

Top of my head question: what's the MMO saturation in the ol' Sov Bloc?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Google translate:

A new low, man.

tumblr_lx1c492f541qfeod9.gif

Some of the ideas from Allods online, coupled with Obsidian writing, would make for an awesome single player open world exploration RPG with randomly generated maps.

You'd get one of those flying ships, with which you could explore and visit randomly generated islands. You could trade between islands. And at the same time you'd be able to eplore an interesting, well written story with great npcs created by Obsidian.

Kinda like Planescape Torment meets Spelljammer.

But noone ever makes the things I like :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Same thing here. I blame the LotR movies. They made epic fantasy mainstream, but only that kind of epic fantasy.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ANIME

Didn't Allods rip-off WOW's art style? Next logical step *hehe*.

As I posted in the other thread I wonder about Obsidian's actual involvement with the game. It's been announced since 2010 and them helping out seems to be rather recent.