The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

We don't have a separate thread for Indie-Go-Go, so I'll just post this here:

Lords of Xulima

Old-school, 2D, isometric, party-based RPG with 1st person turn-based combat.

Lords-Of-Xulima-2013-05-05-09-01-27-05.j

Lords-Of-Xulima-2013-06-04-16-47-24-961.

JXApp-2012-09-07-21-57-38-30.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Too much money asked. iOS which means not a real PC game which people just ****ing hate. Those two bad choices will lead it to failure.

Are you talking about Mutant League Football?  It is mainly an Xbox title, if you read it carefully.  I can understand your confusion, it's not a very clear kickstarter project plan.

It's kind of strange. They're (Mutant Football League) now going to include the PC version of the IOS port with the $15 - which they didn't originally have because they didn't think there was a demand, but apparently there's supposed to be a version with 3D graphics that was going to be on Xbone that was going to originally be the only PC version which was why there was a big price increase. Meanwhile I can't find anything on the main page at all about that version at all on there except for the FAQ at the bottom.

Maybe it's incognito.

tumblr_m56a2i11oC1qag11no3_r1_250.gif

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

It's kind of strange. They're (Mutant Football League) now going to include the PC version of the IOS port with the $15 - which they didn't originally have because they didn't think there was a demand

ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif

Not like a good number of the biggest Kickstarter successes are PC games...

The CLANG has clunked.

Ok, that update was way too long, can someone in the know summarize?  It looks like they are basically saying, we are out of money so we are giving up.  That's pretty messed up for a project that raised half a million bucks.  Did they at least send out all the physical rewards?

The CLANG has clunked.

Ok, that update was way too long, can someone in the know summarize?  It looks like they are basically saying, we are out of money so we are giving up.  That's pretty messed up for a project that raised half a million bucks.  Did they at least send out all the physical rewards?

What I could gather from that horror of an update, they decided the game needs it's very own controller and nobody wants to fund that to them. And they did send those rewards according to them.

Is anyone actually capable of reading that horrendous wall of text on the "lessons learned" bit?

The CLANG has clunked.

Wow, that's...  umm...  wow.  Remember how up in arms and doomsday people got with what happened with Broken Age (aka Double Fine Adventure)?  And that was while people got all their physical rewards, and the game is still going to come out, and it's going to be significantly bigger than originally planned, it's just coming out MUCH later.  I imagine people are/will be going nuclear over this.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The CLANG has clunked.

Figures something with Stephenson is too long... :p

Can't he put in some of his own money, he must be pretty well off, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The CLANG has clunked.

Wow, that's...  umm...  wow.  Remember how up in arms and doomsday people got with what happened with Broken Age (aka Double Fine Adventure)?  And that was while people got all their physical rewards, and the game is still going to come out, and it's going to be significantly bigger than originally planned, it's just coming out MUCH later.  I imagine people are/will be going nuclear over this.

Some are, some aren't. To me it always seemed like a bit of a gamble. But if they really want some superstar game programmer to come along and rescue this, I think they'll need to Open Source the code.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

CLANG always felt much more risky and experimental than Schafer's Kickstarter, and has a smaller budget to boot, so people might generally go easier on this project compared to what would have happened if Broken Age was left unfinished

In happier news, and speaking of Broken Age, in their latest update they announced that the first half of the game has gone into alpha.  Basically, they said it was playable from beginning to end, but needs lots of testing and polish.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Tales of Terrene: Book One -- It's described as an ARPG inspired by Baldur's Gate 2 and Diablo, set on the fantasy world of Terrene. The Kickstarter is currently at $1,316 with a goal of $20,000 and 26 days to go. It's being run as an indie effort by a two man team.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Tales of Terrene: Book One -- It's described as an ARPG inspired by Baldur's Gate 2 and Diablo, set on the fantasy world of Terrene. The Kickstarter is currently at $1,316 with a goal of $20,000 and 26 days to go. It's being run as an indie effort by a two man team.

Ouch.  $25 entry point to get the game, that's not going to help them get backers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Woot!  Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has met its funding goal.  Now onward to stretch goals.

:biggrin:

At the very least I want the the next two stretchgoals. 

I doubt it can reach 900k, which makes me sad, because I want Hero Mode so bad.  Playing through the game as Rotty Tops would be awesome.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸