What are you playing now?

I am currently replaying Alpha Protocol since I mentioned it a few days ago then noticed my newest save game was from exactly two years (where does the time go?) previous. I may even get around to playing the complete asteriskwit Mike I've always meant to and see how low I can get everyone's reputation with me.

I also have a game of IWD on suspension on the Barrow Isle which I will get back to.

I think it is happy, in a melancholy way. 

I interpreted the ending after the credits as what Booker was hallucinating when he died, it's a dream he keeps going back to, and it represents his acceptance and accomplishment, Anna is now free.

It could have been one of the universes where he doesn't give away Anna, but I don't see the point in that. the whole thing is just full of plot holes but then nearly everything that includes a multiverse or time travel is.

The reason why I said I need to check Comstock's hand is because

If Comstock's right hand doesn't have "AD" carved into it, that means he's not the same "Booker" as the one you're playing. Regardless, it appears that the real primary actor/s here is/are Lutece. Maybe (or not) they are legitimately trying to help Booker set things right (Rosalind being a fatalist who says that where Robert sees a blank page, she sees King Lear, and it's Robert's idea to send Booker to Columbia with the implied intent of changing/fixing things.) As I mentioned, Rosalind talks in an audio log about the universe "not liking its peas mixed with its porridge," which implies that some natural order has been disrupted by their experiments, likely meaning that Anna is the "peas" and the reality/universe they and Comstock bring her to is the "porridge," while "Elizabeth's" ability to create and open "tears" is some sort of cosmic attempt to correct the problem. The Siphon is also notable, because it seems to have been siphoning (get it?) that power out of her all her life, presumably for Lutece's own scientific purposes, thus explaining why she/they took advantage of the drunk and distraught DeWitt in the first place (come on, the guy's wife/lover died during childbirth, he's got massive debts to unsavory characters and is deeply troubled by his violent past, he may have thought he was doing the right thing, considering all the evidence suggests that despite his disgust with racism, he's man whose past tendency was to revel in acts of brutal violence.)

Anyway, taking a quick jaunt back into Borderlands 2 now that the level cap has been boosted. Can't say I'm thrilled by even more bullet-spongier enemies, but maybe if I make it to lv 61 in UTVHM I can finally solo those raid bosses from TVHM. And then Gearbox will probably make it so those raid bosses only drop legendary or unique loot in UTVHM like they did before with TVHM.

Edited by AGX-17

I am currently replaying Alpha Protocol since I mentioned it a few days ago then noticed my newest save game was from exactly two years (where does the time go?) previous. I may even get around to playing the complete asteriskwit Mike I've always meant to and see how low I can get everyone's reputation with me.

Yeah, I plan to do a run as complete d-bag Mike Thornton in the future myself.

Finished Saints Row the Third today (Gangstas in Space ending).  I'll run through the final mission again eventually for the other ending, then hunt for the remaining collectibles I haven't gotten to yet, but in the meantime I'll throw my focus on Mount & Blade: Warband and maybe start up some Mask of the Betrayer goodness.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think it is happy, in a melancholy way. 

I interpreted the ending after the credits as what Booker was hallucinating when he died, it's a dream he keeps going back to, and it represents his acceptance and accomplishment, Anna is now free.

It could have been one of the universes where he doesn't give away Anna, but I don't see the point in that. the whole thing is just full of plot holes but then nearly everything that includes a multiverse or time travel is.

The reason why I said I need to check Comstock's hand is because

If Comstock's right hand doesn't have "AD" carved into it, that means he's not the same "Booker" as the one you're playing. Regardless, it appears that the real primary actor/s here is/are Lutece. Maybe (or not) they are legitimately trying to help Booker set things right (Rosalind being a fatalist who says that where Robert sees a blank page, she sees King Lear, and it's Robert's idea to send Booker to Columbia with the implied intent of changing/fixing things.) As I mentioned, Rosalind talks in an audio log about the universe "not liking its peas mixed with its porridge," which implies that some natural order has been disrupted by their experiments, likely meaning that Anna is the "peas" and the reality/universe they and Comstock bring her to is the "porridge," while "Elizabeth's" ability to create and open "tears" is some sort of cosmic attempt to correct the problem. The Siphon is also notable, because it seems to have been siphoning (get it?) that power out of her all her life, presumably for Lutece's own scientific purposes, thus explaining why she/they took advantage of the drunk and distraught DeWitt in the first place (come on, the guy's wife/lover died during childbirth, he's got massive debts to unsavory characters and is deeply troubled by his violent past, he may have thought he was doing the right thing, considering all the evidence suggests that despite his disgust with racism, he's man whose past tendency was to revel in acts of brutal violence.)

DeWitt isn't the same DeWitt as Comstock. The player character chose not to get baptised, he's a DeWitt that did not become Comstock. Comstock didn't have any children, he was sterile, that's why he wanted to kidnap Anna, thus there's no chance of Comstock having AD on his hand. The Lutece "twins" worked for Comstock until they were killed by him, the Lutece "twins" in the game are also from another universe, the Lutece "twins" that helped broker the deal were doing so at the behest of Comstock.

Had to take a break from digging underground fortresses...so I figured I'd update my Path of Exile install (that took awhile...) and play a little bit. Still not something I feel like playing a lot at the moment, but it is one of those games I might go back to briefly now and then. But I also I got a lot of hours of gameplay during the closed beta, so I finally gave them some money.

This gave me points/tokens or whatever to buy their micro-transaction stuff. I looked through what they had at the moment, and seems like you'd have to be a pretty huge die-hard PoE fan to want to spend a lot of real money for enough "points" to buy most of the pets, spell effects, etc. There's one decorative "pet" that would be maybe $120 to have the points just to get that single thing. Doesn't seem like a very "micro" transaction. No thanks. That said, the one thing I do like is the stash-tab increases. So used my tokens for that, and so now, for once in a game of this type, if I ever play it for a long time again, I just might have enough stash space! :p

enuffstash1.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Barely played anything since last Thursday. I've played maybe three hours in seven days. Finished the Iron Clan quest. and the St. Mannox quest. My next destination is Thanatos. I just need to complete some quests, or maybe I'll just steal a few shop inventories and buy that ship.

I've completed every side quest available to me except one that requires a visit to Tulla.

Playing the Company of Heroes 2 closed beta at the moment, which because of the NDA that's about all I can say about it for the moment (hell, hesitated to post this in the first place). That said, trying to get my practice in after spending months away from CoH 1 and Dawn of War 2 will bite into my time with Falcon 4.0 BMS and Tera (bet you I blew your mind with how diverse my taste in games is).

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Had to take a break from digging underground fortresses...so I figured I'd update my Path of Exile install (that took awhile...) and play a little bit. Still not something I feel like playing a lot at the moment, but it is one of those games I might go back to briefly now and then. But I also I got a lot of hours of gameplay during the closed beta, so I finally gave them some money.

This gave me points/tokens or whatever to buy their micro-transaction stuff. I looked through what they had at the moment, and seems like you'd have to be a pretty huge die-hard PoE fan to want to spend a lot of real money for enough "points" to buy most of the pets, spell effects, etc. There's one decorative "pet" that would be maybe $120 to have the points just to get that single thing. Doesn't seem like a very "micro" transaction. No thanks. That said, the one thing I do like is the stash-tab increases. So used my tokens for that, and so now, for once in a game of this type, if I ever play it for a long time again, I just might have enough stash space! :p

[img=http://crimsonkeep.com/wallpapers/data/media/135/enuffstash1.jpg

That reminds me, Ive been meaning to download and play this game. Although the rest of your post touches on exactly what Im worried about, that I will continuously need to spend money to enjoy the game. Id rather just buy the game outright than be nickel and dimed to death.

That reminds me, Ive been meaning to download and play this game. Although the rest of your post touches on exactly what Im worried about, that I will continuously need to spend money to enjoy the game. Id rather just buy the game outright than be nickel and dimed to death.

Oh, no....none of the things you can buy with the "points" have anything to do with gameplay itself. They're completely optional, and most of the things so far (imo) are pretty stupid, really. I'd have no desire to have them. Non-combat pets, character dance animation moves, alternate graphic spell effects (your fireball would look more snazzy or whatever), that sort of thing. What I would call vanity/show-off options.

The town stash space is about the only thing I'd say one might want to enjoy the game, and $30 (or maybe it was $35) would get you those 16 pages I ended up with. Of course, if one really likes "vanity" options in games, that might be an issue...but not needed to play/enjoy the game itself. You're not missing anything. That's been their intention/plan all along...it's not about buying better gear or anything like that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's good to know. Went and created an account so I will download it when I get home.

Any classes you recommend? The "classes" page doesn't describe anything about the classes, just what their primary attributes are which strikes me as strange. I prefer ranged DPS but the "Shadow" class has me intrigued just by its name.

I haven't played enough since a lot of major changes to really know much about it. Classes seem mostly about the passive attribute tree and what you decide to focus on there, which is huge and oft. confusing. Currently each class starts at a different point in the "tree," making reaching/increasing certain things easier or harder. eg, making a melee mage is still possible, but more difficult than it used to be. (there's also the gem-skill system, which is flexible)

So each class does have a starting focus (Witch=mage etc), but it doesn't mean you can't veer away from it if you really want.

Item requirements are based on the primary attributes ... so if you want to be able to wield a giant 2H mace, you're probably going to need to focus a lot on STR, so a Witch wouldn't be a good one for that goal. That sort of thing. I think the Ranger is the general bow, but the Duelist could do that as well since he can easily get a lot of DEX.

Witch and Duelist were my two faces early on.

Playing the Company of Heroes 2 closed beta at the moment, which because of the NDA that's about all I can say about it for the moment (hell, hesitated to post this in the first place). That said, trying to get my practice in after spending months away from CoH 1 and Dawn of War 2 will bite into my time with Falcon 4.0 BMS and Tera (bet you I blew your mind with how diverse my taste in games is).

Add me if you like, i'm AirfixPanzer on steam. Am currently level 6 as Ostheer, getting pwned by soviet infantry spam :/

sonsofgygax.JPG

Add me if you like, i'm AirfixPanzer on steam. Am currently level 6 as Ostheer, getting pwned by soviet infantry spam :/

Sent you the invite. Came from "Apokatastasis."

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Downloaded and played a few hours of PoE. Eh, Im kinda on the fence. It does a lot good and a few things bad. I very much like the skill tree (even if it is a bit bloated imo) and the leveling gems are very cool. On the other hand, whoever designed the "map" should be pistol whipped as its almost worthless and having to hold down the "Alt" button to see the loot almost breaks the game for me. Im playing a Witch that is focusing on undead minions and reached level six before calling it a night.

Starcraft 2, well on my way to Bronze league hero.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got the C&C 17 collection... Started playing Red Alert 2 (overall my favorite game simply because of the over the topness of it), but the fact that it shutters when you try to widescreen it kinda drove me from playing to much of it.

Instead i installed Tiberium Wars and have been working through that. I gotta say, the pathfinding in that just HURTS. I just spent most of a "commando" mission (where you get your first Obelisk as Nod) fighting with the pathfinding. Similarly, the AI is overagressive with your units, and if they see an enemy they'll start marching towards it to kill it, leading to your army slowly stringing itself out to kill 2 dozen different things and dying. Still, playing this makes me wish that EALA would go back, say "C&C4 never happened" and give the game a proper sequel.

Suppossedly C&C4 was just designed to be a sort of F2P multiplayer game in the universe, but one of the suits decided to order a campaign and single player tacked on for money's sake.

It's.... stupid.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I haven't played anything in a while.

I'm tempted to get the new Starcraft but the last campaign wasn't all that great and I've been hearing worse things about this one (from a gamespot review).

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Trying to get into Starcraft multiplayer, but it's mega brutal, any tips for noobs like me

Being good at SC multiplayer is much less about tricks and tactics and more about pure speed and endless replaying to get the routine ingrained in the system. Unless you're going to spend the better part of every day playing long successions of matches, you're never going to be good/satisfied with your performance.

Everyone else has several years head start over you. 

Its a second job to be good at the game.

Find some real life friends to **** around with in the game, forget intensely competitive matches with freaks who haven't gotten out of their basements since SC2 came out.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.