What are you playing now?

Enjoying it so far, though I haven't seen much that would be restoration mod specific (Just got to Telos).  So it's more a reminder that yes, this game was awesome.  Love the crafting system in this game.

• Like 1

Returned to Divinity 2: DKS. I was supposed to complete quests to clear my Log Book, I ended up with 10 new quests. It isn't always the most polished game but I'm having fun wich is the most important thing for me. I'm at the Orobos Fjords running (teleporting) around, trying to wrap things up before I go to the Hall of Echoes. After that, I'll play the expansion.

I've been willing to give that game a try but I still haven't finished any of the original Divinity games. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Returned to Divinity 2: DKS. I was supposed to complete quests to clear my Log Book, I ended up with 10 new quests. It isn't always the most polished game but I'm having fun wich is the most important thing for me. I'm at the Orobos Fjords running (teleporting) around, trying to wrap things up before I go to the Hall of Echoes. After that, I'll play the expansion.

I've been willing to give that game a try but I still haven't finished any of the original Divinity games.

You don't have to play the earlier games to enjoy Divinity 2. Although, I have to say that Divine Divinity was fun even if I haven't beat the final boss yet.

Enjoying it so far, though I haven't seen much that would be restoration mod specific (Just got to Telos).  So it's more a reminder that yes, this game was awesome.  Love the crafting system in this game.

There should have been things to tip it off. Ingame sion arrival, Kreia's line, the "new" weapons. HK-51 walking in. A new datalog from the droid repair guy.

If those were all not there, it's probably not well installed...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You don't have to play the earlier games to enjoy Divinity 2. Although, I have to say that Divine Divinity was fun even if I haven't beat the final boss yet.

I heard from another source that there are some cool references to the older games in Divinity 2.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hit level 90 in Mists of Pandaria. So I'm trying out the Domination point quests. Which is, as far as I'm concerned, the real highlight of the expansion.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There should have been things to tip it off. Ingame sion arrival, Kreia's line, the "new" weapons. HK-51 walking in. A new datalog from the droid repair guy.

If those were all not there, it's probably not well installed...

Oh it seems to be working.  My comment is more "I'm loving it, but at this point probably more because the game itself is awesome as I haven't seen too much from the Restoration Mod"

I'm also far enough removed from the game that subtle differences may not be obvious to me.  Kreia's line about the Ebon Hawk was obvious because the voice on it sounds juuuust a bit different.  I had never seen a Vibrocutter before so that is probably new as well.  Some of the stuff like HK-51 walking in is more likely me being unable to tell what's new and what's not as it's probably been 7 years since I last played the game.  Something like a Datalog is probably not going to go over my head.

I heard from another source that there are some cool references to the older games in Divinity 2.

There are, but it's not essential. As you said, they're cool refernces.

having recently finished tomb raider and bioshock, im not sure what to play next.

oh wait, ni no kuni still sitting unopened next to my ps3

ok. problem solved.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Playing DivDiv again and it's a charming game, though combat really is meh, and I always forget to save while walking around then get killed.

Actually bothered to finish 3-4 quests in Divinity 2. Starting to feel a bit overpowered right now. Currently at level 28. I've taken a few skills in magic but mostly just boosting passive skills that helps me in melee combat.

Let me just add that I like the music very much.

I finished D2 before ever touching the first ones, starting on a playthrough of Divine Divinity now (meaning I'm concurrently playing through Fallout: New Vegas, Planescape: torment, NWN2 and Divine Divinity, switching as my fancy strikes me).

I should add the UI is still the one thing that keeps me from playing NWN2 for any length of time, I actually had a setup that worked well for me way back in the day, but then they patched the game to "fix" the complaints about the UI and I've never managed to really configure it to my liking again. On that note, PS: T has a pretty bad UI as well, I'll take the one from BG/IWD over the one from PS:T any day.

Actually bothered to finish 3-4 quests in Divinity 2. Starting to feel a bit overpowered right now. Currently at level 28. I've taken a few skills in magic but mostly just boosting passive skills that helps me in melee combat.

Let me just add that I like the music very much.

I actually switched it to easy once I had to start fighting in the flying fortresses (i don't think I ever have done that before), the huge number of stuns and knockbacks combined with the sheer amount of enemies turned those places into a really un-fun experience for me on normal, maybe if I had invested more in summoning it'd have been more doable, I dunno, winning/surviving fights just seemed too random.

Btw, the "overpoweredness" takes on new levels in the expansion.

Edited by marelooke

Kingdoms of Amalur. About 56 hours in this playthrough and I still haven't crossed the strait to Mel Anshir or entered Detyre at all or done either of the DLCs. I suspect this will be about 100 hours to finish. One I hit the level cap, I'll switch from universalist to sorcery focus though, and will likely go much faster. Universalist really drags behind the higher your level.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Kingdoms of Amalur. About 56 hours in this playthrough and I still haven't crossed the strait to Mel Anshir or entered Detyre at all or done either of the DLCs. I suspect this will be about 100 hours to finish. One I hit the level cap, I'll switch from universalist to sorcery focus though, and will likely go much faster. Universalist really drags behind the higher your level.

Fascinating isn't it? A game that has been critisized for being way too short can still offer a 100 hours playthrough.

I noticed the other day that my playtrhough as about 120 hours.

I had the most fun as a backstabby dagger person.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I should give that game a looksee at some point.  THough KOTOR 2 appears to have satiated my gamer ADD.

I also want to play it. You can get it very cheap on GamersGate, the only issue I have with it is that I hate playing RPG where I know there won't ever be a sequel. Its like there is no future for the game world

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I should give that game a looksee at some point.  THough KOTOR 2 appears to have satiated my gamer ADD.

Just don't expect the bestestest story ever.

I find some of the side quests and faction quests rather good and the premise has potential, but as a whole, the story falls short of all the advertising they had done for it.

But it can be a pleasant, fun run if you give it a chance.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I tried the demo and wasn't impressed. Was yet another open-world RPG clone, except neither very open world nor with a story worth more than a few yawns; the art style had potential but becomes buried in bloom; the combat isn't too bad except for some terrible AI (I could slaughter the entire town with an exploit that wasn't obscure but in your face). 

If you're hankering for more Elder Scrolls clones and don't mind the budget quality on every aspect then I suppose it's worth a look.

I'm also far enough removed from the game that subtle differences may not be obvious to me.

Well, that would be good. It would be bad if anything stood sore out as "should not be part of the game/was added by a mod"... ;)

Keep us posted on what you think about it (and the original KOTOR2 :))

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

The only parts that come across as "obvious" are the voiced lines.  It sounds like they are the same voice, but they lack some level of post processing (or something) to them, as they sounds juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a wee bit different.  Unless it's a heck of an impersonation.

I just got Visas and am eagerly awaiting my final lightsaber piece too.  Currently on Nar Shadda.

Edited by alanschu

Nope, all the voices are original ones by Obsidian.

Wait till you hear unmodified G0-T0 (there's a line on Dantooine like that. Although we might have post-processed it ourselves, now remember to check XD). Not ingame but in the files are unmodified droids on Onderon, including HK-47. It's a major difference, let me tell you that :).

^

Lords of Football, meh I guess it's ok. It's the Sims but with a football team, due to them not having licencing, the Bundesliga has teams like Dortmund Bees, Bayern Reds and Wolfsburg Wolves.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bioshock Inf. very nice atmosphere the art design of the game is mindblowing. I think in hindsight the quality of the story won't be as good as it feels now that I'm bindsided with the visuals, but I'm really enjoying the ride.

Fortune favors the bald.