What are you playing now?

Trying to get into Starcraft multiplayer, but it's mega brutal, any tips for noobs like me

Watch replays? Ultimately I don't think most of us will ever get out of the "Bronze League Hero's" level Simply because of the required "APM" and level of control of micro/macro.

And Drowsy, You'd probably want to avoid this campaign. It's got a better structure to it than the last one, but they couldn't decide on the tone.

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just finished Divinity II: Ego Draconis and started Flames of Vengeance. Having some serious stability issues with the expansion though.

I also made it to Old Owl Well in Neverwinter Nights 2, the goal is to finish the expansions this time (especially Mask of the Betrayer which I quit partway through the first time and I can't remember why...)

zerg campaign is pretty bad, i say its safe to pass on

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Playing Dead Money. It's really too bad Obsidian went with the constant "conflict" approach with the stupid beeping collars, conveniently placed toxic clouds and bear traps, recycled holograms, respawning ghost things and their stupid noises, because the story elements are pretty nice. I just don't understand why game designers do this. Does everyone have ADD and need to be in a "conflict" 24/7 or become instantly bored? It cheapens the experience nearly to the point of making it redundant and never to be played again after completion.

Just finished Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 for third time, with Conquest ending route... Pretty sad ending :(

Dunno what to play next... probably, I'll prepare some Pathfinder RPG modules for next few weeks, and then probably another walkthrough of FFXIII-2 or Atelier Rorona...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Trying to get into Starcraft multiplayer, but it's mega brutal, any tips for noobs like me

Start off with

And don't listen to defeatists.

SC2 MP is meant to be competitive.

The point is not to spend whole live on it and become a progamer but to put in the effort.

• Like 1

I've been sick and housebound since Wednesday, but sadly haven't had any desire to play a game of any sort despite the downtime. Neither did I play anything during the easter long weekend, so the lack of motivation can hardly be attributed to illness

At least today, thanks to the GOG sale, I got around to firing up NWN2 and launching the MoTB campaign. As soon as I hit character creation, I realised I'd forgotten just about everything I knew about D&D character creation - there were classes I didn't recognise, and I had only perfunctory recollection of what the actual effects of the various stats, feats, and skills had. I think I'm going to go with a severely combat-unoptimised pure rogue to roleplay fairly strictly with, and hope I don't die too much at normal difficulty. If I do I'll just tune it down to easy I guess.

And gah, getting 18 levels of experienced dumped on your head in one go sounds rewarding, but having to take them one at a time and allocate my skills manually was a chore. Quit the game after I was done with that, will see how much desire I have to go on with it tomorrow. The first and only real time I attempted MoTB, I only got out of the starter dungeon and maybe half-an-hour to an hour beyond that. The second, and until now, last time I tried, I didn't even get that far - my character was so ineffectual at combat that I got sick of dying to every single pack and quit.

Aside from that, just saw the post about TOR2.0, will investigate to see if there's anything at all in that update for single-player campaigners. The AoE2 talk has also got me sort of interested in the subject, but I think my CDs are about 700km away from me at the moment. I think when I can be bothered going out, I'd rather pick up a $10 budget rerelease of the game rather than this new HD edition.

Also patched XCOM (I'm usually in offline mode, so much so that I'd call online mode "patching mode") with the view to playing a new Second Wave Classic campaign in the short-to-mid term future. Looks like I'll have to wait for the Toolboks mod to be fully updated for the current patch before I can play though. No-delay overwatch command is essential for gameplay!

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Still bouncing back and forth between Planet Explorers alpha and Path of Exile public beta for an hour or two here or there when I can stay awake, haha. I still, for some reason, find PoE's combat mechanics kind of awkward. I'm starting to think it's just me and my klutzy fingers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Arcanum.

Completed every quest in my journal and then entered the Void. Recruited yet another character there wich means I now have a party of 8. I would have kept playing and completed the game if it wasn't for the football that I don't want to miss.

• Like 1

Arcanum.

Completed every quest in my journal and then entered the Void. Recruited yet another character there wich means I now have a party of 8. I would have kept playing and completed the game if it wasn't for the football that I don't want to miss.

Recrutied only 1 more in the void? Or only 1 so far?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Diablo III. I apparently last played May 2 of 2012. I'm pretty sure I've met the requirements for the 'Cut off the head' achievement twice now and still not gotten it. Also: playing a wizard is much easier than playing a monk was.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Arcanum.

Recrutied only 1 more in the void? Or only 1 so far?

Only 1 so far. Turned the game off after that.

Mists of Pandaria

Quests aren't very interesting or motivating most of the time. I hear good things about the post-90 quest content, however.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, Arcanum is done now.

Even if the game could be improved upon in many areas, I thoroughly enjoyed what I played. The things I liked about the game were enough to make me forgive the bad parts. I'd love to see a spiritual successor that improved some things. Focus on turn based combat and let me control the party. Make companions more interesting. Having companions to chat with is half the fun. A better balance in skills. I was mostly combat/tech focused with some persuasion, but harm was a very effective spell. Too effective. The whole weapon/armor breaking was very annoying and I dislike that in most games that implement it. I'd love to see an Obsidian developed spiritual successor that rights the wrongs of Arcanum. Maybe it's possible with Kickstarter.

Returned to Divinity 2: DKS. I was supposed to complete quests to clear my Log Book, I ended up with 10 new quests. It isn't always the most polished game but I'm having fun wich is the most important thing for me. I'm at the Orobos Fjords running (teleporting) around, trying to wrap things up before I go to the Hall of Echoes. After that, I'll play the expansion.

Finished Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance.

It was decent, though the total lack of any dragon flying action before the ending was a bit of a bummer, especially since said ending wasn't particularly easy (well, the dragon bit wasn't, the bossfight was). I know they didn't manage to put in a few areas due to time constraints (I have the anthology lying here with the developer's journal ;)), wonder if those are somehow accessible with the developers console...

So now I've returned to my PS: T playthrough, just managed to become a wizard so still not exactly far in I'd think. Wonder if there's any use putting more points into intelligence past 19? Or should I start upping my charisma? I went with maxing int/wis at character creation then stuffing the leftover points in charisma fwiw.

Nice April fools played with you then :D

I have made another playthrough of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - fourth so far, got some new rare weapons and a Planeptune ending in the end :)

Now few days without gaming ahead of me, because of business trips :(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It occurred to me that I haven't played a space sim in a really really long time.  So I went ahead, searched through my closet, dusted off my Hotas Flightstick, and started a new game of X3: Terran Conflict.  Time to start setting up a new trading empire.  As an aside, I'm getting really worried that X: Rebirth is going down the Duke Nukem Forever path.

:ermm:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks