Gorth

I dislike banks, and I dislike the DMV. That's all.

...but it's over (for the moment) and I can go back to being a lazy arse for the rest of the day. With chocolate brownie ice cream. I like ice cream.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Drinking a glass of Rum, listening to Rachmaninov and staring out the window on the streets below.. a great way to pretend that I'm rich and not pretty much out of money already this month.

Damn you expensive books that I need to study of which I've only bought half.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Realizing the only thing right now keeping me from finding a reasonably sure fire way to kill myself... is the fact that when I get this way I deliberately tank myself in alcohol

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Drinking a glass of Rum, listening to Rachmaninov and staring out the window on the streets below.. a great way to pretend that I'm rich and not pretty much out of money already this month.

May I recommend pirating?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I actually sometimes confuse myself with Rostere.. I guess we really all are Cants alts.

So the date went bad ... and then great! Long story short, I ****ed up a little, so I won't be dating her again - but 'we' decided to be friends - but by a joyous twist of fate she also decided to be my winglady for the evening (yes!) since "I shouldn't waste such a good evening going home alone".. She actually hooked me up with a smokingly hot girl from Turkey, who was traveling through Europe.. Win! and the girl said she was coming back to Denmark to study in the fall and wanted to hook up again.. WIN!

This goes out to the brunette, my hero! (was it you Gorgon?)

Talking about dates, I should share my experience with that Chef. So we decided to skip the waffles and move to a good drinking spot, we get on really well and during the drinking of Tequila and Vodka she explained that she just got out of a relationship and wants to be friends, or rather she doesn't want pressure to take the relationship to the next level. I am fine with that as I want to get to know her first anyway as I like her. Anyway during the course of the evening she became very physical with me which surprised me as she was the one who said "lets just stay friends for the moment"

I get confused by this type of response, as I take what ladies say literally. So if a lady says " lets be friends", that means to me that I mustn't make a move.

So we had a really good time and I will see her again but I won't initiate anything more than being her friend   :)

She is also making a documentary around a cooking show that she wants to sell to the various South African TV Networks, and thats really exciting for her and something I want to support her with

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

May I recommend pirating?

We'd do that, one friend bought a book, copied it at a copy shop for 6 of us, we pay for our copies and pay him back an amount so that we all saved on the deal.  University was never happy about that, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I actually sometimes confuse myself with Rostere.. I guess we really all are Cants alts.

So the date went bad ... and then great! Long story short, I ****ed up a little, so I won't be dating her again - but 'we' decided to be friends - but by a joyous twist of fate she also decided to be my winglady for the evening (yes!) since "I shouldn't waste such a good evening going home alone".. She actually hooked me up with a smokingly hot girl from Turkey, who was traveling through Europe.. Win! and the girl said she was coming back to Denmark to study in the fall and wanted to hook up again.. WIN!

Talking about dates, I should share my experience with that Chef. So we decided to skip the waffles and move to a good drinking spot, we get on really well and during the drinking of Tequila and Vodka she explained that she just got out of a relationship and wants to be friends, or rather she doesn't want pressure to take the relationship to the next level. I am fine with that as I want to get to know her first anyway as I like her. Anyway during the course of the evening she became very physical with me which surprised me as she was the one who said "lets just stay friends for the moment"

I get confused by this type of response, as I take what ladies say literally. So if a lady says " lets be friends", that means to me that I mustn't make a move.

So we had a really good time and I will see her again but I won't initiate anything more than being her friend   :)

She is also making a documentary around a cooking show that she wants to sell to the various South African TV Networks, and thats really exciting for her and something I want to support her with

When a girl says she wants to be your friend, she's usually a) seeing if you are just looking for a quick lay and are easily discouraged at the prospect of putting some work in (in which case you should press on) b) you've ****ed up and she's lost interest (in which case you should move on) or c) actually likes you a lot, but not enough to ditch the outlaw biker/sugar daddy she has currently in rotation (in which case you should open a large bottle of single malt and get hammered).

Based on your account, looks like type a. Never take anything a woman says literally. :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

When a girl says she wants to be your friend, she's usually a) seeing if you are just looking for a quick lay and are easily discouraged at the prospect of putting some work in (in which case you should press on) b) you've ****ed up and she's lost interest (in which case you should move on) or c) actually likes you a lot, but not enough to ditch the outlaw biker/sugar daddy she has currently in rotation (in which case you should open a large bottle of single malt and get hammered).

Based on your account, looks like type a. Never take anything a woman says literally. :p

I agree, that would seem to be exactly what she was meaning. Option A,  you are clever Nep. It may also me Option C but I'll find out this weekend as I plan to take her out again :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My caffeine consumption has been skyrocketing the past month or so ... attempting to scale back. Typically I just have 2 or 3 cans of diet Dew a day and that's about it. Over months however, or during stress, or obsessive game playing, it can go up and up. Sometimes it goes back down again, sometimes ... not.  The sad thing is, it's not so much the caffeine (tho that's definitely part of it) but that in general, I really don't like the taste of many drinks. Can't drink most fruit juice very often, don't like tea, don't like milk (as a drink drink, it's more a food), don't like booze, don't like most other soda flavors (diet or sugar).

*drinks her water, grumpily*

When I was younger I used to drink flavored water as a better alternative to soda (and as a way to transit into drinking mostly water). 

I still drink soda from time to time but for non-alcoholic beverages I'm drinking water probably 90% of the time.

Edited by Syraxis

I agree, that would seem to be exactly what she was meaning. Option A,  you are clever Nep. It may also me Option C but I'll find out this weekend as I plan to take her out again :)

Personal experience, and other people's experience. I spend a lot of time drinking whiskey, personally. :p

All this talk about drinking water made me wonder. If an alcoholic drinks alcohol, does this make all those forum posters drinking so much water hydroholics or hydrolics or hydroics?

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

All this talk about drinking water made me wonder. If an alcoholic drinks alcohol, does this make all those forum posters drinking so much water hydroholics or hydrolics or hydroics?

Well I can spot the alcoholic in this post, can you?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

With "this" do you mean your post? ;)

With all the milk I drink I am probably a lactolic... (other than a teetotaler)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

With "this" do you mean your post? ;)

With all the milk I drink I am probably a lactolic... (other than a teetotaler)

Don't you drink at all Melk?

John Milton 

Don't you drink at all Melk?

Not by choice.

I'll have a sip if really pressured, but do not like it.

Had a sip of commandaria in December because it was a going away thing at the office and saying "Yeah, well I am touched you are all gathered to wish me farewell, but you know, I don't actually drink."

Before that I had half a glass of vodka in June because it was the goodbye party of the masters and one of the erasmus students from the previous term drove all the way from another country to celebrate with us.

Before that I had two sips of vodka in December 2012 at  a birthday party after having been pressured into it. I have not forgiven people ;)

One sip of punch or something similar in summer of 2012 at a friend's wedding.

2008 - 2011 four weddings. A sip of champagne at two of them...

Eh, you get the picture.

Tsk, don't let anyone pressure you into drinking. Last bunch of coworkers tried that and that nice pint stayed on the table all night - sadly people don't accept a drink from a stranger, rightly so. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I used to be a teetotaller, but then I remembered how much I hate extremism of all kinds, so now I partake occasionally and moslt in moderation. I've picked up an appreciation for single malt whiskey, though. Lots of variety and generally quite acceptable to nurse one for more extended periods... :)

• Like 1

Well that's a new one, it being extremist.  Saves on money and a glass of water is better in any case, or just coffee which is my overly expensive and probably needless beverage of choice :thumbsup:

I used to be a teetotaller, but then I remembered how much I hate extremism of all kinds, so now I partake occasionally and moslt in moderation. I've picked up an appreciation for single malt whiskey, though. Lots of variety and generally quite acceptable to nurse one for more extended periods... :)

Eh, I don't like the taste of alcohol, so not going to drink through everything in the bar on the off chance that the nth drink will be the one I like. I'll stick to orange juice, tea, milk and sparkly water ;)

• Like 1

Well that's a new one, it being extremist.  Saves on money and a glass of water is better in any case, or just coffee which is my overly expensive and probably needless beverage of choice :thumbsup:

You crack me up Nep :grin:

Nep is 100 % right guys. If you don't drink you are an extremist

I like that one, Nep for President !!!!

In fact anyone who doesn't drink should pay extra taxes, something like an "anti-sin tax" because you are causing the rest of us to pay more for alcohol?

• Like 1

John Milton 

Realizing the only thing right now keeping me from finding a reasonably sure fire way to kill myself... is the fact that when I get this way I deliberately tank myself in alcohol

Don't kill yourself. Also, Alcohol is a depressant.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Arg.  I realised how many albums/songs were mislabelled genre wise in my itunes library. Which kicked in what must be almost ocd like need to make them all right.

I've lost hours today working my way through it.. >_< I can't seem to let it stay as it is.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Arg.  I realised how many albums/songs were mislabelled genre wise in my itunes library. Which kicked in what must be almost ocd like need to make them all right.

I've lost hours today working my way through it.. >_< I can't seem to let it stay as it is.

Hah, I think 1500 of my 4000 songs or so have wrong ID3 tags, or just none.  Whoever this 'Unknown Artist' guy is on my iPod, they've sure pumped out a wide variety :p