I predict that this board will temporarily die tomorrow.

after a crappy launcher crashed often and in different slots, I managed to play the game. I wanted to check it out (since it's half past 1 in the AM here I wasn't going to play all night) I can say, losing my mouse pointer part way through kind of breaks the game.

Dang... so many issues.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

My launcher crashes, all the time, at the same point. no fix no way around it. they've released a faulty product. to boot their forums are down.

Well, frankly no recent launch of a game was without problems. Dragon Age had delivery problems (at least in my country), same for Two Worlds 2. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and Age of Conan had bad launchs, not to speak of Diablo 3... The same will happen to Project Eternity.

One of many reasons to own a phyisical copy of your game is you generally will not have to deal with bogged down servers. Diablo 3 is of course an exception.

My launcher crashes, all the time, at the same point. no fix no way around it. they've released a faulty product. to boot their forums are down.

Well, frankly no recent launch of a game was without problems. Dragon Age had delivery problems (at least in my country), same for Two Worlds 2. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and Age of Conan had bad launchs, not to speak of Diablo 3... The same will happen to Project Eternity.

One of many reasons to own a phyisical copy of your game is you generally will not have to deal with bogged down servers. Diablo 3 is of course an exception.

Well once I finally got the thing patched I could play with no issue. Other than the fact that it is blatantly missing some graphics options, the ui is too large, and I am not sure I like the ui colors... It is a better version of the game. The fact that the fog of war renders cleanly with a nice appearance and you can now zoom in or out to get the game looking exactly how you want really helps.

I'm probably one of the few people around here not planning on buying it. I am disappointed that as enhanced as it is, I was hoping that they may have considered improving the interface to match more modern titles... like not an interface covering 3 sides of the screen and adding action queuing. Even the improvments that Black Isle made to the interface in IWD2 were nice and I would have liked it if a similar interface was used here at least. *sighs* Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Edited by Wench
  • Like 1

Well, as long as I can play BGT i don't need BG EE. Maybe if I consider to play multiplayer with my wife, I will start thinking about buying it.

About launcher problems without need of internet conection during install (like in GOG games) there is no problem with servers.

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito

I had massive freeze lag stuff stutter lag thing slowdown and choppy music etc. etc. had some issues myself... this is what solved it for me.

1. First of all, there is a "Redist" folder coming with BGEE (bedjeeee!), open that and run all of that:

* dotNetFx40_Full_setup (I recommend finding the 4.5 instead though) did not work, for me, from folder had to google/download it

* dxwebsetup

* PhysX_9.10.0513_SystemSoftware (I think there's a newer one for this one as well *shrug*) did not work from folder or when I googled it "See 2"

* vcredist_x86

2. Then update your Graphics Drivers I've got Nvidia so that took care of ^PhysX for me.

3. Restart computer.

4. Play.

EDIT: Also, it looks the same but also great, I rushed through Beregost and got slain by an Ogrillon. I recently finished Baldur's Gate (the first one) so I'm not entirely interested in re-playing everything for a couple of new companions, I'm interested in the modding and it looks way way more organized and cuddly than in the original libraries. Tested out the Black Pits real quick and it seems awesome :D

Edited by Osvir

I was disappointed yesterday, so I may have been a bit unfair. the game has some issues but I'll give them some time to fix that.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Mostly UI enhancements, it's practically the same game. There's an expansion (The Black Pits) and it generally looks better in my opinion. The journal is way sweeter than before, they are also using the BG2 graphics for BG1 (you can get this with mods). It feels smoother somehow and I can't entirely put my finger on it... there's some new artsy cutscenes that are just beautiful. They've fixed glitches, bugs and other tiny improvements to make the game run better on a modern machine.

Content wise (what you see) not very much has changed. You can zoom in pretty close and you can zoom out as well, which would've been more interesting if there was a resolution option you could adjust somehow... cus it gets pretty pixelated when you zoom in. Don't know if the screen resolution can do anything about. It looks as if the paper dolls have been touched up a little bit but I don't know, it's small details what we see.

Internally it's like a cleaned up office space. Looks like modding is going to be way easier.

I had massive freeze lag stuff stutter lag thing slowdown and choppy music etc. etc. had some issues myself... this is what solved it for me.

1. First of all, there is a "Redist" folder coming with BGEE (bedjeeee!), open that and run all of that:

* dotNetFx40_Full_setup (I recommend finding the 4.5 instead though) did not work, for me, from folder had to google/download it

* dxwebsetup

* PhysX_9.10.0513_SystemSoftware (I think there's a newer one for this one as well *shrug*) did not work from folder or when I googled it "See 2"

* vcredist_x86

2. Then update your Graphics Drivers I've got Nvidia so that took care of ^PhysX for me.

3. Restart computer.

4. Play.

Yeah this is my fear. No offense to you guys here but a lot of people who seem to play these games and got excited for this uh..... Don't really bother with modern games anymore it seems like. This sort of stuff is literally par for the course with any modern game release on PC. Heck Nvidia puts out new drivers monthly (sometimes faster) these days and I have personally updated 4 times in the last 3 months. Many may also make the mistake of not doing a "clean" install when they do it.

Heck I had to run 4 different redistribution files to get Borderlands 2 to finish patching on release day through Steam.

This doesn't mean the game is buggy, a POS, or made poorly. This is literally just how it is now with PC gaming. You have to keep your stuff updated and I suspect many complaints I see on their official forums are from people who just don't game on PC anymore and don't understand this stuff.

Edited by Karkarov

Imoen has better stats than my character. that pisses me off. I'm a thief and now there's this annoying NPC who has a better character sheet than I do!

So I decided to roll a new character, see how many rolls I need to equal or surpass the total points Imoen has.

took me an hour of rolling, again and again.

So it's possible. But so much for my character being the awesome main hero. (I'm not going to start again now)

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Imoen has better stats than my character. that pisses me off. I'm a thief and now there's this annoying NPC who has a better character sheet than I do!

So I decided to roll a new character, see how many rolls I need to equal or surpass the total points Imoen has.

So it's possible. But so much for my character being the awesome main hero. (I'm not going to start again now)

Hahahaha yeah I am a roll whore myself. I am playing a fighter that ended up with 18/97, 18, 18, 12, 13, 12. Yeah you can call me a twinky in this one aspect :-

Hahahaha yeah I am a roll whore myself. I am playing a fighter that ended up with 18/97, 18, 18, 12, 13, 12. Yeah you can call me a twinky in this one aspect :-

I just want to edit imoens stats down. I don't like the idea of being overshadowed by a goddamn NPC (unless I remove her from the party... but why would I? I should remove myself from the party.)

---

no. Still strange though 27 points left if you put everything on 10.

After an hour of rolling I could get it to 28, before that the highest I got was 24, my character has 23.

---

After an hour of rolling I could get it to 28, before that the highest I got was 24, my character has 23.

There was a legitimate story reason why she has those stats. Open the spoiler if you wish for the answer.

She was also a Bhaalspawn.

• Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

My DXdiag:

There was a legitimate story reason why she has those stats. Open the spoiler if you wish for the answer.

Yeah but that isn't much of an excuse when you consider that your own character can roll a 8, 8, 18, 16, 14 12.

• Like 1

Yeah but that isn't much of an excuse when you consider that your own character can roll a 8, 8, 18, 16, 14 12.

Whatever your character lacks in being a turd, she gains. It evens out the character points :p I agree though, it's pretty stupid.

My DXdiag:

Whine, whine whine. Where did all of the real gamers go? :p

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

getting it to play on a new computer is cumbersome and annoying.

The GOG.com version has worked fine for me in that regard.

I see no reason to get the EE version except for the tablet support, and even then I'll wait for some player reviews first.

They should have made it optional.

If they're anything like the BG2 romances, they are optional.

Simply don't be super-friendly and patient and understanding 100% of the time when talking to your NPCs, and no romances will even start.

In the case of Monte Carlo, if he talks to game NPCs anything like he talks to people on this board, he shouldn't have anything to worry about...

• Like 1

They've put romances in BG1, and act of heresy so awful that I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole.

BG1, with the expansion pack, already has a romance. Its short and leads nowhere compared to the BG2 romances, but its there.

It consists of one easily avoidable NPC on Werewolf Island who only shows signs of romantic attachment if you complete all his/her quests. It effects nothing and is barely noticeable.

I guess you'll have to swear off the original BG forever. Or something. Because optional content you don't like is just...too...much.

They've put romances in BG1, and act of heresy so awful that I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole.

They should have made it optional.

:D

---