Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Saw Dredd. If you can forget it's supposed to be related to 2000AD, it's a pretty decent action B-movie.

Shame we don't get to see Pete Travis and Alex Garland's take on Death and the Dark Judges. I really liked it, wouldn't even call it a B-movie, it was a top notch action film that was more enjoyable than Expendables 2. 

• Like 1

Saw the

I might have to go see that.

Obviously it's going to divert from the whole book concept, but it looks like it might be a great zombie movie in its own right.

Running Zombies = Fail in my book.

Running Zombies acting as a hive mind = SUPERFAIL in my book.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

12 Angry Men and Good Will Hunting. Captivated from start to finish with both films, especially the former.

In other news, http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/

I'm surprised they aren't doing a Darth Vader spin-off, set between III and IV.

With 12 Angry Men, did you watch the 1957 version or 1997 vesrion? I've seen both and there's a huge ensemble cast in the remake which I found very good.

Also, Darth Vader has already had his story told with the prequels. I would've prefered to see a Boba Fett spin off but then the prequels kind of spoilt the mystery of who Boba Fett is. :(

Guest The Architect

I watched the original version. Wouldn't mind checking out the 1997 one, too, heard good things about it.

Yeah overexposure is a bad thing. Still, the SW fanboy in me thinks it'd be cool to see Vader hunting down Jedi Knights across the galaxy. The James Earl Jones version, of course, not that wooden **** Hayden with the incredibly annoying face.

I watched Argo on the plane. Wasn't bad at all, if a bit slow. The Problem With The Curve was playing as well. Despite being a huge Eastwood fan, this one didnt have a lot going for it. Justin Timberlake should stick to music.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Justin Timberlake should stick to music.

He suffers from a boyish appearance, but I think he's a decent actor. I liked him a lot in Black Snake Moan.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I haven't seen Trouble with the Curve, but I've enjoyed Justin Timberlake in a couple movies.  He was really good in Alpha Dog.  And yeah, his Saturday Night Live appearances are pretty much the best thing out there.  It's pretty hard to hate on a guy who has no trouble lampooning himself over and over again.  :)

That's My Boy - Funny if you like crude humour which I do. Solid Sandler comedy if you like that sort of thing which I do. The story was interesting but I think more could have been done. 7/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest The Architect

Justin Timberlake should stick to music.

He suffers from a boyish appearance, but I think he's a decent actor. I liked him a lot in Black Snake Moan.

A boyish appearance hasn't hurt Leo's career, it's Timberlake's nails on a chalkboard, **** ass voice that's the real killer.

So while Tron Legacy didn't do great at the cinema, but has slowly hit the 400 million mark worldwide after dvd sales and wotnot, they're talking about doing a follow-on..

Hm, I think I'll get the John Carter dvd in case that works for that as well.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"A boyish appearance hasn't hurt Leo's career"

Not money and successwise but the Academy hates him! How does Leo not have 10+ Best Actor Awards!?!

For the sake of consistency, if they didn't give him an Oscar for Gilbert Grape, they shouldn't award him for anything else. Except perhaps for Calvin Candie.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought Tron Legacy was pretty decent. The whole premise is ridiculously campy and outdated, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

It was okay. I think it's a shame they went with a closed system and didn't play up more on the change of how things were in the original movie and the computer tech and internet of today. Or maybe I just played too much Tron 2.0 over the years... :shifty: 

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Every movie he does he plays the same Scorsese period piece guy. It's pretty decent though. He's definitely not just another pretty face anymore. 

Gilbert Grape, Howard Hughes, and his recent turn as a slave owner in Django Unchained were pretty far away from his stereotype.  Sure, his roles in Shutter Island, Departed, and Gangs of New York are all pretty similar, but they don't share much with Catch Me if You Can or Basketball Diaries.  

"Every movie he does he plays the same Scorsese period piece guy. It's
pretty decent though. He's definitely not just another pretty face
anymore. "

He plays a variety style of characters and plays them well. He has more rnage than all of the so called great. Clint Eastwood? L0L Anthony Hopkins? L0L And, the list goes on. Quite frankly, Dicaprio is the best actor ever because he cna play anything.

Guy should have, at minimum, 10 oscars in his trophy case. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.