Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Just saw Prometheus. I...liked it? It was visually gorgeous, and the cast did a good job, but it was a bit of a mess.

For me it wasn't a bad movie, but it had enough stuff to keep me raging about it for quite a while if I wanted to.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1984 movie, so raw so truthful, It left me speechless.

• Like 2

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Just saw Prometheus. I...liked it? It was visually gorgeous, and the cast did a good job, but it was a bit of a mess.

For me it wasn't a bad movie, but it had enough stuff to keep me raging about it for quite a while if I wanted to.

For me personally it was both a bad movie and it had stuff to keep me raging. I wince whenever someone mentions it. Too bad because I recently read an earlier draft of the script and it was great. Almost all of the flaws were introduced in the draft written by Lindelof - and then the guy had the balls to denounce the movie and say the previous versions were even worse. The exception is the random, unneccesary and never again mentioned zombie attack in the middle of the film which was in every draft.

I saw Hotel Transylvania which had fantastic animation and a few smile worthy jokes, mostly involving the werewolf, but the movie on a whole was a travesty.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Saw it right before Christmas for the first time. I thought it was pretty decent. I like Alien a lot better though.

Night before last we watched The Legend of Hell's Gate: An American Conspiracy. Man that sucked imo. So confusing, I finally walked away and did something else.

I caught some of the original Red Dawn on TV last night, and as bad as that has aged (and it was never a great film, even tho I'm still fond of it for some strange reason), it's still 100x better than that recent remake my former friend made me see.

Fixed that for you ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Isn't that Tomorrow when the war began?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Watched the Watchmen. It was a movie I had intended to see when it premiered at the cinema, but a busy schedule made that more difficult than it should have been. Some months sent by, then years, and today I finally watched it I have to say it was worth it. Don't get what some of my friends thought were wrong with it, because I could see they did not like it as much as me.

• Like 1

Directors cut was even better. Seems to generally be the case though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched the Watchmen. It was a movie I had intended to see when it premiered at the cinema, but a busy schedule made that more difficult than it should have been. Some months sent by, then years, and today I finally watched it I have to say it was worth it. Don't get what some of my friends thought were wrong with it, because I could see they did not like it as much as me.

They were probably pissed off that the squid was gone.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

If they were fans of the graphic novel and didn't like it, they were probably purists. If they weren't fans of the graphic novel, they were probably bored out of their skulls. I couldn't appreciate the movie before I read the graphic novel - and in fact I think they should have changed much more because as far as transferring a graphic novel to the big screen it worked fine, but as a standalone movie I felt it was a bit of a failure. There's a reason filmmakers never just use exactly what's on the page - it's because comic books are a completely different medium.

Edited by TrueNeutral

not exactly a movie, but first episode of Archer season 4

And I think I've waited way too long to watch ghost in the shell, so I'm doing that today

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

If they were fans of the graphic novel and didn't like it, they were probably purists. If they weren't fans of the graphic novel, they were probably bored out of their skulls. I couldn't appreciate the movie before I read the graphic novel - and in fact I think they should have changed much more because as far as transferring a graphic novel to the big screen it worked fine, but as a standalone movie I felt it was a bit of a failure. There's a reason filmmakers never just use exactly what's on the page - it's because comic books are a completely different medium.

I think it did an okay job as a standalone movie, but you're right that things could have been done differently. 

Anybody else looking forward to The Great Gatsby movie?

Baz Luhrmann, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and most importantly...*drum roll*...Carey Mulligan! I think it's gonna be awesome.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Watched the series finale of Fringe. Really enjoyed the overall series and ending. Will probably go back and watch the entire series again some time in the future and have fun connecting all the dots.

Wait... a series finale that wasn't immensely dissappointing?

Devastatorsig.jpg

I really enjoy Fringe.  John Noble is absolutely incredible as Walter Bishop.  I haven't caught up with season five yet, but I'm hoping it features more Walternate.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Vanishing On 7th Street - Meh. Ending is total copout. 4/10

Cabin in the Woods - Could have been so much better but mostly entertaining. So much can be done in that universe despite the implied perma ending. 7/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just saw the Fringe finale. Definitely the ending it deserved. Nice to see for a change.

@Kor, sorry to disapoint, but no Walternate.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched Django Unchained again, it's just as good the second time.

really, just go watch it if you haven't

---

I really enjoy Fringe.  John Noble is absolutely incredible as Walter Bishop.  I haven't caught up with season five yet, but I'm hoping it features more Walternate.

Even bad Fringe episodes were good, because of Walter. My favourite mad scientist ever.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.