What are you playing now?

Gorth

Discworld Noir. This would have been one of the best adventures ever made if not for the horrible game breaking bugs that allow you to proceed without getting everything you need later.

I'm currently playing it for the second time because I had to restart halfway when a crucial dialog option wouldn't apper. :getlost:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

@Ghost - I haven't tried random/online MP. I have the sense that doing it randomly might not be too awesome...loot is free for all. So just luck with what type of group you'd get, kinda like with the Diablo's. The Gearbox forums have threads/topics about finding people to play with...you might have some luck finding people/groups there.

I might end up doing that. Though my cousin also just recently bought the game, so maybe I'll play with him. Only problem with him is he's a CoD freak, so he plays that 99% of the time he's on. He won't be a "regular" player of BL2.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been playing BL2 and recently Torchlight 2, love both games very much as of late and can't wait to put more time into each one. If anyone wants, add me in Steam for some Co-op action on either game for sure. Both games are more fun with friends. SadExchange is my steam name if you care to add.

I'm playing NWN2 right now. Got to the game late because I despise the original. I'm close to the end of the game. Enjoying it so far. I'm debating whether to play the first expansion or take a break and replay Baldur's Gate 1 with the widescreen mod. Hmmmm......

Edited by zombo

I'm playing NWN2 right now. Got to the game late because I despise the original. I'm close to the end of the game. Enjoying it so far. I'm debating whether to play the first expansion or take a break and replay Baldur's Gate 1 with the widescreen mod. Hmmmm......

Play the expansion first I think. Lots of enjoyment in a small package.

Play the expansion first I think. Lots of enjoyment in a small package.

I'm thinking about it, but I heard about the annoying mechanic in the game, so I'm unsure.

I bought a game called 'Alea Jacta Est' on a whim.

Not quite 'Rome Total War' but it should be enjoyable!

I'm curious how you find the game once you get to play. I've never heard about it before, but I do love a good strategy game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I ended up playing a mission with my cousin's kid. His character was really low level, though, so he was getting killed constantly by the enemies we were facing (he joined my game). I'm guessing it's better for the lower level character to be "host" then.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Discworld Noir. Great adventure, even if the last act and the outcome were a bit of a letdown.

Downloaded Black Mesa and watched the intro before bed, looks fantastic but I'm having trouble actually playing games at the moment, have they announced when they expect the Xen chapter to be completed?

Finished Discworld Noir. Great adventure, even if the last act and the outcome were a bit of a letdown.

Was it much trouble to get it running on Win7?

Was it much trouble to get it running on Win7?

I use XP on my netbook.

You will need to crack the game with a fixed exe, the copy protection completely breaks the game on newer OS.

The standard problem is the game locking up when you try the "resume" and "options" menu options. Expect to load the game by starting a new game, skipping through the cinematics and loading your previous save through the (F1 accessed) menu. Expect game breaking continuity bugs and infrequent crashes (both avoided by religious saving every few minutes).

Apart from that, everything is peachy.

You could also wait and hope for a GoG version. I think the game is worth playing even so many years later (and I don't often go back and play older games I haven't played before).

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I ended up playing a mission with my cousin's kid. His character was really low level, though, so he was getting killed constantly by the enemies we were facing (he joined my game). I'm guessing it's better for the lower level character to be "host" then.

In the first game, if the host was further along quest-wise than you, you couldn't do the quests (to get credit for them). I don't know if it still works that way. If it's just about clvl vs. difficulty ... yeah, probably the game scales enemies with the host. From what I can tell the game doesn't have any level scaling per se but it does have that "region range" stuff I think. So if you wanted to do a quest rated Level 5, if you enter a new area for the 1st time at clvl5 enemies might be 5-7, but if you went at lvl8, they might be 7-10. Don't know what actual range limits are for each region tho.

BL1 had issues with ppl getting horribly over-leveled if they did all the quests...doesn't seem as much of an issue anymore. You'd have to do a lot of extra farm-fighting to end up 3-4 levels over what you're encountering I think.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

BL1 had issues with ppl getting horribly over-leveled if they did all the quests...doesn't seem as much of an issue anymore. You'd have to do a lot of extra farm-fighting to end up 3-4 levels over what you're encountering I think.

I must do a lot of grinding then. I'm currently at level 12 (about a big kill away from level 13), but some of the sidequests I have available to me are listed as level 8 trivial.

I must do a lot of grinding then. I'm currently at level 12 (about a big kill away from level 13), but some of the sidequests I have available to me are listed as level 8 trivial.

No, that's what I meant by the region level scaling. If you haven't been to an area before (loading screen), even if the quest log says it's lvl8, chances are if you go there the enemies will be close to your level. I went back and did Symbiosis (a Lvl 5 in quest-log) at lvl 10 and they were all ... lvl 9-10. But hubs did it solo at lvl 5-6 and they were his level.

But I'd assume there's a limit to that ... eg if I did Symbiosis at lvl20 they'd probably still be 9-12 or something.

(edit:) but as I said, not really sure how it works, exactly. Just that there is a bit of scaling somehow.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I found my old FO:NV saves :w00t:

The sneaky bastards were hiding out in a different folder in Documents and Settings. Who would have thought to look in "My Games"??? Anyway, heading off to Lonesome Road soon.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Playing more Borderlands 2 solo. I just found out the other night that you can shoot the mask off the goliath bandits (I think that's what they're called), sending them into a rage where they'll attack their own guys if they're close to them. It's pretty useful when there's a massive group of bad guys and I need some help clearing them all out.