What you did today

Tale

Aside from work, writing. I've been writing for the past three days, played almost no games. Nothing serious, just trying to improve.

might i ask about what you're writing?

One is a story about a Halfing Paladin, followed by a critical re-examination of the previous story suggesting that it is actually a popular myth combining several stories and exaggerations. Another is a story about an otherwise insignificant military officer with a backstabbing addiction. Or maybe he just hates both the people he was hired to spy on and the people he was hired to spy for.

Today I'm thinking I'll write about fantasy thieves. I'm thinking a thief with a conscience. In which he steals from a little old lady, feels really bad about it, returns it, and begs to be jailed.

How very Dostoevskyian :)

• Like 1

Aside from work, writing. I've been writing for the past three days, played almost no games. Nothing serious, just trying to improve.

might i ask about what you're writing?

One is a story about a Halfing Paladin, followed by a critical re-examination of the previous story suggesting that it is actually a popular myth combining several stories and exaggerations. Another is a story about an otherwise insignificant military officer with a backstabbing addiction. Or maybe he just hates both the people he was hired to spy on and the people he was hired to spy for.

Today I'm thinking I'll write about fantasy thieves. I'm thinking a thief with a conscience. In which he steals from a little old lady, feels really bad about it, returns it, and begs to be jailed.

interesting. also, what hurlshot said.

WWTNOD?

Work, sleep, and more work. Although the weekend should be fun as I've got a Buffy game tomorrow and AD&D on Sunday (next weekend also promises to be fun, although I'm not entirely looking forward to having dinner/going to something with the not-yet-but-likely-to-be-inlaws, still there's before and after that to look forward to).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I wish I had a good group of folks who would play DnD with me. I'd love to try this Firefly game. Sadly, even though some friends have tried to get into the game with me, either I didn't think there were all that into it or they were so aggravating that I wanted to do something else.

So, instead of DnD, I'm going to fire up a game of New Vegas and continue my drive through Lonesome Road. BTW, Super Cal, I let the lottery winner live this run. He just seemed so earnest! :Cant's **** eating grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Saw a client email today telling our sales guy "I'll suck your **** if you send us the proposal..". Amazing people we deal with. Planning a weekends of studying and reading, although that'll fall through and I'll end up gaming and getting the urge to stab people over the Internet.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I've been unable to decide on a new forum avatar. Sometimes it takes me a while to find the one I'm going to stick with for months, making me feel like I have multiple personalities. Hm...wait a sec...maybe...nah!

Other than that ... it's Friday, so that means game weekend with the spouse. *boomboomkersplat*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked the one of the cat licking the window

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a good night with friends last night, and learned that two of the least liked managers at my store (one because he thinks management is just a way to slack off, The other seems unable to properly work because she just wanders off from her station) are being shunted to the franchises "Siberia" in the WalMart store.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

For the minor rant - Modern jams/preserves you pick up from the local supermarket or chain of stores.. why the hell do they grow fur within a month of opening even if you stick them in the fridge?

If I go out and pick up some olde traditional jam home made by some granny at a local church sale, they'll last for bleeding months left on the side with no problem.

But modern jams? The whole fershnikt point of a jam is to preserve the damn fruit. So why the hell do they go rotten within such a short time? It's bloody crazy.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had that kind of week where everything I've done turned out to be thusly inconsequential that I'm thinking the universe might have killed me but just forgot to give reality the memo.

Eh, you get used to it.

I had that kind of week where everything I've done turned out to be thusly inconsequential that I'm thinking the universe might have killed me but just forgot to give reality the memo.

Eh, you get used to it.

I surely hope not, generally I don't have that feeling.

Made pancakes with strawberry icecream for my mother in law, my wife's niece, my wife and a few for myself with my new recipe with strawberry milk and vanilla and got some worship.. Then I made some special tea with a mix of lemon, cinnamon and vanilla and hailed another standing ovation.. I am truly puzzled by the ukrainian lack of creativity in regards to taste.. The other day my wife made a soup with the chanterelle mushroom, but she mixed it in such a way with a ton of vegetables and potatoes that it lost all of it's distinctive taste. The soup was sort of nice, but it could have been really great. I suspect that Borsch became a name by accident of the same mixing culture that seems to rule most of their meals. At least that is really nice.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Naw, I like the new one, Red. It reminds me of the kind hearted woman symbol.

It's from one of the doodles MCA made during the KS countdown stream. Heh.

But modern jams? The whole fershnikt point of a jam is to preserve the damn fruit. So why the hell do they go rotten within such a short time? It's bloody crazy.

I'm with Hurlshot on this one ... I've never had this problem. I'm terrible at cleaning out the fridge so I've had jars of jam that are a year old...which I wouldn't eat, but there's no visible mold in them when I finally get around to tossing them out.

Perhaps you don't keep the fridge setting cold enough?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The mouldy jam thing is a new one on me too, must be something environmental, having said that I avoid buying jam these days...or honey, peanut butter and chocolate spread, without these things almost all forms of bread are useless to me and thus do not get purchased and added to the waistline :(

Today I bailed out of visiting my parents because I feel broken, also don't want them to see the results of my scuffle, better to appear selfish than tell them I had a fight with my brother. Tonight I plan to get drunk and maybe try to play Morrowind or PS:T, chances are it just won't work so failing that I've got hours of stuff to watch online.

That's terrible, W. I get how you feel.

For myself, I'm probably going to fire up my current run of New Vegas when I can and finish off Lonesome Road. The wife and I might or might not head out to dinner afterwards. Depends on what la jefe has to say. Otherwise, I'll have to figure out what to cook for dinner. Hmmm, it occurs to me that I actual don't say what I did so much as what I anticipate doing in this thread most of the time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I surely hope not, generally I don't have that feeling.

Well, then, too bad for you then :p Part of a reason I want to look for a new job though, current one if I do something, well people just are less pissed off rather than feeling better about the product, so to speak.

So I'm to be the best man at my friends wedding just outside of Mexico City come April. To which the bride-to-be, has reminded me I need to learn enough spanish to translate my best-man's speech to her family...

Although the potentially nerve inducing aspect that the groom's family and friends there will most likely number around a dozen, whilst her family will potentially be in the hundreds...

The joys of weddings taking place in foreign countries...

So I'm to be the best man at my friends wedding just outside of Mexico City come April. To which the bride-to-be, has reminded me I need to learn enough spanish to translate my best-man's speech to her family...

Although the potentially nerve inducing aspect that the groom's family and friends there will most likely number around a dozen, whilst her family will potentially be in the hundreds...

The joys of weddings taking place in foreign countries...

You could head for the US border and seek asylum if things turn sour :p

Doing very little besides work at the moment. Considered for a bit taking the motorcycle for a ride up along The Sunshine Coast, but it looks like it's going to be a very warm day in Queensland. Turns protective gear into the proverbial "boiler suit" :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

To which the bride-to-be, has reminded me I need to learn enough spanish to translate my best-man's speech to her family...

need any help? i'm native-level in both languages, so feel free to shoot me a PM if you get stuck or need any proof-reading.

WWTNOD?

At the moment I am going to focus on thinking up important phrases it would be appropriate to learn in general before spending a few weeks in Mexico-City.. and then I can start pondering on speechwriting..

"I don't understand" "Could you repeat that?" "Which way to the bathroom?" "Where is the embassy?" "What sort of bribe were you wanting?" :shifty: