What you did today

Tale

I got out of a speeding ticket once by telling the cop I had a case of stomach flu and felt I was going to be sick and wanted to get to a bathroom before it was too late.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Anyway going to work today was a net loss.

Wouldn't the fine be tax deductable? It's a work related expense :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

...considering my dismal prognosis, I'm not even elligable to go on a transplant list. Can't really disagree. Organs don't just grow on trees and organs that come available should be given to someone younger and get more milage out of it. After all, someone had to die to supply it.

Ah yes, remind me to punch somebody in the face next time they suggest stem cell research is unethical. They might not grow on trees, but I'm fairly sure in a decade or so, they grow in vats. Made to order. We take all major credit cards.

Thumbs up for getting some quality time with your daughter and giving adversity the middle finger mate. I won't even pretend to understand what you are going through, but damn you go through it with style.

Edit...how do get the page where I can update my signature?

Click on your profile/user name. There should be an 'Edit My Profile' button in the upper right corner of the browser.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You bike everywhere dont you? It kinda makes me laugh that a cop would bust your chops while youre on a bicycle.

They could do it a bit more when cyclists are like cruise missiles among pedestrian-sheep. ****ers.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Staying safe on a bike when you would be mashed potatoes in a head on collision is about situational awareness, red ligths, green ligths, I tend not to get bogged down in these things.

Ohh and while they probably won't kill you, the most dagerous thing out there is without a doubt other cyclists.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Shaking my head in disbelief due to the latest news by Nokia. Stephen Elop you MS *****, please **** off. The man has pretty much single handedly destroyed Nokia and yet he is allowed to continue. Really loving these news when Finland is supposed to help to bail out Spanish banks soon and our economy just took a massive hit. Who is gonna bail us out when we crumble due to Greeks, Italians, Irish and Spanish....

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Maybe they get a percentage.

This brings a question to mind. Here in the US, to drive a car you need to have a Drivers License. This document certifies that you have passed the test to drive but more importantly has your picture, name and address on it. This effectively serves as most peoples primary form of identification not only for driving but proving your age (for alcohol) or writing/cashing a check...basically everything. In your case you most likely do not have a drivers license (if your country even has such a thing) so what do you guys use for identification? Like when he "pulled you over" what did you show him to prove your identity? Does your country simply use a National identification card that serves a similar purpose as our drivers licences?

This brings a question to mind. Here in the US, to drive a car you need to have a Drivers License. This document certifies that you have passed the test to drive but more importantly has your picture, name and address on it. This effectively serves as most peoples primary form of identification not only for driving but proving your age (for alcohol) or writing/cashing a check...basically everything. In your case you most likely do not have a drivers license (if your country even has such a thing) so what do you guys use for identification? Like when he "pulled you over" what did you show him to prove your identity? Does your country simply use a National identification card that serves a similar purpose as our drivers licences?

I've been caught out a few times. I don't drive, haven't got a drivers licence. I once had to use a 6 year old university id that for some reason was still in my wallet to prove my age and identity.

But if it comes down to anything really serious, I'm pretty much screwed unless I happen to be casually walking around with my passport.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe they get a percentage.

The law says you are not required to produce identification on demand, of course if you are stopped in a car not having one on you is a very expensive prospect.

If you don't produce identification they ask for your social securit number, which you have to give, and check it against your adress and whatever else they have in their database.

This is actually better protection against identity theft than a simple plastic card with your name on it.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Some states will issue a "walker's license" if you go ask for one-- i.e., an official statue-issued ID that functions as a drivers' license in all ways except the whole "licensing you to drive a car" thing.

In other news, Happy Bourbon Day!

Edited by Enoch

Some states will issue a "walker's license" if you go ask for one-- i.e., an official statue-issued ID that functions as a drivers' license in all ways except the whole "licensing you to drive a car" thing.

In other news, Happy Bourbon Day!

I'll drink to that! I happen to have a bottle of fine nine year old small batch sitting on the kitchen counter right now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Shaking my head in disbelief due to the latest news by Nokia. Stephen Elop you MS *****, please **** off. The man has pretty much single handedly destroyed Nokia and yet he is allowed to continue. Really loving these news when Finland is supposed to help to bail out Spanish banks soon and our economy just took a massive hit. Who is gonna bail us out when we crumble due to Greeks, Italians, Irish and Spanish....

swedish_flag.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As I was going to bed, I collected my phone from my pants pocket (It's doubling as my alarm clock right now and find a text message from a 17 year old co-worker

No one understands my pain. No one understands my depression. No one knows about my cutting.

Text her back and just get a "Oh, everything's fine now" response.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

swedish_flag.jpg

You guys better get the job done today, by the way.

Another day of futile struggle. But at least it's Friday!

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As I was going to bed, I collected my phone from my pants pocket (It's doubling as my alarm clock right now and find a text message from a 17 year old co-worker

No one understands my pain. No one understands my depression. No one knows about my cutting.

Yeah, definitely the kind of individual you want to settle down with, eventually.

:p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And it turns out she has "episodes". Basically it seemed to be a pretty serious case of depression that leads to her doing nasty things to herself. And she has nobody who even understands the depression in her life.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... I've been spending far too much time drinking in Uppsala bars...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Snapped my armrest off my chair, so need to get a replacement. Excitement. Other than that a nice day to hide indoors from the sun and heat and play some Civ 4.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I picked up my first fountain pen, a modest bottle-fill Pelikan. I look forward to the :monocle: of dipping my pen in ink.

post-150-0-02994600-1339869342_thumb.jpg

post-150-0-95046200-1339869363_thumb.jpg

Good game, lots of drama. England finally breaks the spell. We're still in it, up against Germany though. Going to be epic.

I have a feeling Germany will blow it somehow. Greece getting through due to Russia just sucking at defense (their CBs need to be shot) was disappointing.