What you did today

Tale

Now in Seoul, sorting through phone, house, jetlag, etc.

Will see Great Celebrity Man Slavoj Zizek tomorrow.

Nothing really opens your eyes into how you are viewed in an organisation when everybody else's undone crap gets shifted to you so that they can go on their holidays and you have to cancel yours. I thought I'd outgrown this part.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well after a really nice chilled out two days where I got to relax because relatives and family went off to visit other family together that they hadn't seen for a few decades.. They arrive back and hand me a "family project" to look into.

In that "oh, you're good at research and knowing how to use the internet.." - apparently a certain black sheep relation who we all thought was dead.. is actually serving life in jail for rape and murder. So they want me to find all the details. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh you can get "life sentences", it's just that it's quite often x decades rather then actual "life".

Oh you can get "life sentences", it's just that it's quite often x decades rather then actual "life".

Still more "life" than ~12 years...

Nothing really opens your eyes into how you are viewed in an organisation when everybody else's undone crap gets shifted to you so that they can go on their holidays and you have to cancel yours. I thought I'd outgrown this part.

It's amazing how bad you will be treated when everyone knows you can't complain. Contract work stinks. The money can be pretty good though.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's amazing how bad you will be treated when everyone knows you can't complain. Contract work stinks. The money can be pretty good though.

This is one of those places where just having it on my CV is going to help tons later on. Spent two days feeling sorry for myself, have to get my ass into gear tomorrow and shift as much crap as I can.

Oh, and my tv is behaving oddly, it's only decoding one channel properly. If I have to buy a new one, not taking a holiday might seem like a good idea. :getlost:

apparently I'm the "tsundere" option for the Fallout Dating Sim being made. And my hair is a "bowl cut" not what I had/have... with very short hair.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Having a rather odd day. I don't know why just have that odd lost/adrift sensation as if I'm not actually tethered to anything in my life. Trying not to get overly involved in things with the relatives over at the moment, and almost randomly poking at some work related things to see if my mental processes kick in any forms of genius.

Just keep moving from wall to wall at work. Not sure if the issues are actually tricky or if I'm just too daft to fix it :p Does make me feel rather unproductive at the end of the day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i wrote for 5 hours yesterday after i got home from work.

i'm at a grand total of 48,467 words, making it my longest piece of fiction writing thus far, by about 200 words.

I still have, what I'm guessing from my rought plot outline, about 10-12 more chapters to write. chapters are short though, about 1500-3500 words, so im figuring the book will end up between 70k-80k words when im finished with the first draft. the second draft will probably add to the length a little as I fill in some areas with a bit more detail

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Started following a bunch of people and studios on Twitter when I saw the Pandemic twitter account. Saw that the last tweet was made ~750 days ago. Then I remember Pandemic are no more, made me a bit sad.

Edited by Labadal

Looked around, but dang it, we still don't have hoverboards..

FutureDay.jpg

Today is "Future Day" by Back to the Future standards...

• Like 1

*turn on PC, play a mp3, read the internet*

*typetypetypitytype*

::Power goes out:::

:disguise:

"Hm, no computer. I'll watch TV. No, wait. I'll do the dishes/run dishwasher. No, wait. I'll make lunch. Oops, no microwave. I'll take some photos. Forgot, my battery still needs recharging...etc."

:disguise:

*opens a can of soda, walks outside* ... "Hey, nice day out here."

*45 minutes later* ... "These blackberries on our bushes are almost ripe, need some ice cream."

*an hour later" ... "Grocery stores don't function well without power, either."

::Power comes back on::

:bow:

:biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

apparently I'm the "tsundere" option for the Fallout Dating Sim being made. And my hair is a "bowl cut" not what I had/have... with very short hair.

You also have a song named after you. Unfortunately is very bad, but still - I don't have a song.. :(

Fortune favors the bald.

http://www.tumblr.co.../oliver-swanick

I don't know if I should be frightened or flattered

I think "Frightened" has just taken over

He's dressed as a powder ganger and running straigth at you. How could you not put one in his head. Didnt everyone do that.

I actually shoot him afterwards. I don't know why, I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

First I was irrationally angry, now I am just depressed...........

Sigh

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Me too. I just heard the SCOTUS has upheld Obamacare. Disgusting.... just flat out sickening. I can't eve put into words how disgusted I am with this outcome.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell