What are you playing now?

I'd heard it was just a slight upgrade from Tropico 3.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I haven't played 3, so that would mean nothing to me. :) But if 3 is well rated then...hm, for $40 perhaps I'll give it a shot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I should get back to playing TF2 or DOD.

You should :biggrin:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I could really use a new castle-building sim. But I don't think one exists....I don't count Stronghold3. Or Minecraft.

Anyone try Tropico4? The 1st one was fairly decent, haven't played the others.

I haven't tried Tropico 4 but Tropico 3 is basically a prettier and easier version of Tropico 1 I'd say. And from what I hear, Tropico 4 is basically an upgraded version of Tropico 3.

The first game is my fav amongst the ones I played. That said, even though I think the Tropico 3 is way too easy, it's a pretty pleasant game to play. Excellent little time-waster with great atmosphere, one of those games you tend to start up every now and then to have some fun with.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hm. Well, these days I like pretty, so I'll try 4. The first one wasn't one of my faves (mostly because of the setting, I prefer other settings more) but enough to give a sequel a shot.

Also....replaying BG1 reminded me how I basically went through the entire original game using nothing but bows/arrows and magic missile. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm really enjoying my current run through Kingdoms of Amalur. The quests and lore are more indepth than what I recall seeing in Fable, and the combat is more fun.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I haven't played 3, so that would mean nothing to me. :) But if 3 is well rated then...hm, for $40 perhaps I'll give it a shot.

I've played...and what's been said is basically true. However, the reason I LIKED the tropico games is because they stay similar overall.

Except for Tropico 2...that one was junk.

Took a break from the ME series...about to start ME3.

Today instead took some time to go back to some older titles...played The Club (if you really think about that game, it has a pretty screwed up premise...and how the game goes in that premise is even more screwed up), and Crysis.

Crysis original is much better than Crysis 2. Decided to check to make sure I wasn't the only one thinking that, and it appears that others think the same thing. (One big thing is Crysis 2 is a BIG steaming example of a consolization of a great orginal PC game)

Now that I've had a little while of a break from RPGs, time to go back and finish the ME series once again, this time with a terribly evil and sadistic Red Headed Renegade Female Shep.

Edited by greylord

one of those games you tend to start up every now and then to have some fun with.

What heresy is this?! :p

(In case it hasn't been blatantly obvious for a long time, that's the kind of game I mostly look for) :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah Tropico 3 is simple to faceroll through, rather un-enjoyable without constant failure and so on. Realized I have far too many games in my 'backlog', most from GoG. Might as well try to nail through Ground Control.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Surprisingly solid despite few obvious blunders.

What is worrying however is that devs felt the need to remove useful in-game items and sell them as DLC.

Hopefully that trend won't catch on as it clearly impacted overall quality and balance.

Still playing Tales of Graces f. I've now convinced my brother to play it with me in co-op. The gameplay is full of win.

Also played a couple of hours of Fallout: New Vegas. Primm now has a robot sheriff. Yeehaaw!

Edited by Labadal

Still playing World of Tanks. With the new update yesterday, all the old players are back and the battles are now worse than ever before. So many campers and silly tank drivers who use their tanks wrong, etc. It is really demotivating.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What is worrying however is that devs felt the need to remove useful in-game items and sell them as DLC.

Pre-order bonuses? There's nothing in the game (apart from the Missing Link mission) that you couldn't get for free with some version of the game day1. In fact, in most of Europe, all preorder versions included all bonuses.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Playing Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. Pretty fun but got stuck at challenge tower 185, so I played some Online matches and the matchmaking system realy sucks... You either get some random noob who starts the game for the 1st time, or you get some guy who owns you in 10 seconds :( But got all ranked match trophies in 1st day of online play, except I'm Not Dead Yet...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Playing Dungeons of Dredmor on and off. I've lost count of how many characters I've made that have gone and died in ever increasingly stupid ways. I actually found one build that I was enjoying very much, but it was magic based and even at level 13+ it only had 48 hitpoints (but boy was it satisfying to enter a monster zoo with that souped up fireball!). And of course, on level 7, I had to open one of those evil boxes, and out pops a super strong monster that oneshots me without warning (albeit with a critical hit).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pre-order bonuses? There's nothing in the game (apart from the Missing Link mission) that you couldn't get for free with some version of the game day1. In fact, in most of Europe, all preorder versions included all bonuses.

So that's fine for those that bought preorder versions in Europe.

The rest has to pay extra to enjoy remotely detonated explosives and automatic unlock devices.

Since the former should help with badly done boss-fights and the later with absurd over reliance on hacking mini-game I consider their lack a serious omission.

Playing Dungeons of Dredmor on and off. I've lost count of how many characters I've made that have gone and died in ever increasingly stupid ways. I actually found one build that I was enjoying very much, but it was magic based and even at level 13+ it only had 48 hitpoints (but boy was it satisfying to enter a monster zoo with that souped up fireball!). And of course, on level 7, I had to open one of those evil boxes, and out pops a super strong monster that oneshots me without warning (albeit with a critical hit).

I named my characters alphabetically so that I could easily keep track of my bodycount. My best attempt managed to get to the last level, clear the monster zoo there, and find Dredmor, but I used an invisibility potion to run away and explore a bit more, and a pack of Arch-Diggles took him down.

I've been reading on competitive TF2 a bit. Its so sad what high level competition does to a game. Half the classes in the game are only rarely used in favour of the more overpowered ones (like the scout, which for some reason was made to be able to go toe to toe with every class in the game).

I wonder if its Valve's fault for designing the classes in an unbalanced way or the players are to blame for metagaming.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Hm, whilst I'm still having some game burn out feelings.. I'm tempted to pick up a couple.. Syndicate, Kingdoms of Amalur, AC:Revelations.. they're all down to around

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Amalur is boring, too. I'm holding out for Risen 2 for my RPGness, I'm sure I can get the European release somehow.

I started Dead Space 2. If i don't get Valiant tommorow in ME3 MP i'm done with it. :D Then i have to start playing Little Big Planet so i can buy LBP2 sometime later.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.