What are you playing now?

Still playing Crusader Kings II with the 'de Savoy' dynasty. I've created the Bourgogne (Burgondy) kingdom, then Italy.

Then, well, it's becoming a very large empire with my emperor Antoine : emperor of the HRE, king of Bourgogne, Italy, Sicily, Croatia, Norway, Germany and Jerusalem. Next target is inheriting both kingdoms of France and England. Though I just have a century remaining and there are still a lot of things to do.

I want to try a game where I start as a count in Northern France, then create some sort of Channel Kingdom from Cornwall to the Lowlands. But nobody has a dynasty name cool enough to strike my imagination. I don't want Herbert de Guines to be the genius remembered throughout history!

Finishing off my achievements for Skyrim, then I'm on to KoA: Reckoning.

I'm at level 49 (one more to get the level 50 achievement), and I have 42 pockets picked (8 more for the 50/50 lockpick/pickpockets achievement). At this point, it's mainly just grinding the enchantment/smithing system to raise my XP. I'm not even bothering with unfinished quests.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There's going to be another massive patch with new content in another month (Apr 17? I think) coinciding with the XBox release.

I thought the 'Witcher 2: Enhance Edition' was the X-Box version and the Witcher 2 2.0 was the Enhanced Edition for the PC?

The EE is extra content on top of 2.0 (which wasn't so much new content as much as a better learning curve and added game modes) - the EE will add extra quests more like traditional DLC (except that it's free). It also fixes a ton of outstanding issues - 102 fixes listed on the changelog posted just yesterday.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I notice that it also offers a huge nerf to the powers I use the most.

Speaking of which, I just got the Kayran fight. Oh, how I hate it. The worst part is that Geralt only want to do what I tell him to half the time. I'm spamming the 8 key and he's standing there looking pretty while he dies.

Then I use the trap key, stand right on the trap, and when the monster hits me nothing happens. Very frustrating.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I want to try a game where I start as a count in Northern France, then create some sort of Channel Kingdom from Cornwall to the Lowlands. But nobody has a dynasty name cool enough to strike my imagination. I don't want Herbert de Guines to be the genius remembered throughout history!

I think the count of Vermandois is in direct line a descendant by men of Charlemagne (Carolus Magnus). You can check this by looking at his father and so on. The dynasty name changes, but the line is direct.

I notice that it also offers a huge nerf to the powers I use the most.

Speaking of which, I just got the Kayran fight. Oh, how I hate it. The worst part is that Geralt only want to do what I tell him to half the time. I'm spamming the 8 key and he's standing there looking pretty while he dies.

Then I use the trap key, stand right on the trap, and when the monster hits me nothing happens. Very frustrating.

Each time I want to replay Twitcher 2, I remind myself of that horrible dream battle sequence when you suddenly have to play as a random soldier or supposed hero who can't handle a sword. And I'm sure this horrible crap happens no matter whether you choose Roche or Irileth.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Damn TF2 is good, I can't stop playing.

572px-Pyro.png

Don't you just love it when they scream FIRE! FIRE!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Baldur's Gate1. First reaction was "no wai, the play area window wasn't that small, was it?" :lol: I could swear on my old CRT things (portraits/buttons too) were smaller and stuff, and I don't mean because the screen was smaller. So I got the mod that let me play in higher resolutions. Don't care about widescreen etc. Just 800x600 was good enough, more like how I "remember".

Also...it's a bit like playing Diablo1, in that I keep wanting them to walk faster. But so far, a good nostalgia leap. Just have to grab doomsayer Xan now.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Looking for a new game.. does anyone know a good 5+ player coop or multiplayer game? Preferably some unknown but solid indie game.

Yeah it is a very good game.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Looking for a new game.. does anyone know a good 5+ player coop or multiplayer game? Preferably some unknown but solid indie game.

Battlestar Galactica the boardgame...

Oh wait...you meant computer game?

I'm not certain if they make Lan or small scale MP games anymore.

ME3 has 4 player coop...not that I'd suggest it...

You could try some of the Battlefield games...I think Starcraft 2 goes up to 8 players (actually have to boot it up again to double check).

Edited by greylord

Battlestar Galactica the boardgame...

Oh wait...you meant computer game?

:lol:

I've still got the old Avalon Hill game 'Flat Top' lying around in a closet. Haven't found anyone to play it with for the last 10-15 years which kind of suck. Great game if you can put a table aside for it permanently (or as many weeks as a campaign takes).

Playing a bit of Gratuitous Space Battles. Wishful thinking, but if somebody ever were to crossbreed that game with Master of Orion 2, wet dreams would come true.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finally popped in KoA Reckoning. Bought it on release day, but with Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 to go through, I haven't gotten around to starting a game yet.

Not too bad. First impression early on is similar to Fable.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You could try some of the Battlefield games...I think Starcraft 2 goes up to 8 players (actually have to boot it up again to double check).

I've personally campaigned for everyone I know to buy Battlefield 2142, but some of my friends are not that good at competitive FPSs and the fact that they'll die every 3 seconds for the first few hours until they learn how to duck, is usually a detergent for them. Good suggestion though..

It seems coop has taken a back burner since MP became the new thing.. There are games that have it, but it's almost always only 2-4 players, which stinks 'cause we are 6 friends who like to play together and 4 of them don't like huge MP games. ;(

Well except strategy games of course, like StarCraft.. hmm..

Fortune favors the bald.

More Tales of Graces f. Characters aren't much to sheer about, but I can't think of a more fun battle system. And as I feared, titles are addicting, too addicting. I'm not very far in the story yet, but I doubt it's going to be "great". Don't really like the main character's personality and some party members aren't very likeable but some of them are good.

I've personally campaigned for everyone I know to buy Battlefield 2142, but some of my friends are not that good at competitive FPSs and the fact that they'll die every 3 seconds for the first few hours until they learn how to duck, is usually a detergent for them. Good suggestion though..

It seems coop has taken a back burner since MP became the new thing.. There are games that have it, but it's almost always only 2-4 players, which stinks 'cause we are 6 friends who like to play together and 4 of them don't like huge MP games. ;(

Well except strategy games of course, like StarCraft.. hmm..

Most Paradox games are multiplayer, I think.

I had it and I didn't like it. Too much grenade spam, and the weapons aren't very exciting to use. Played it for a few days before deciding that I've had enough of people camping two buildings away and slinging grenades into a choke point for hours on end.

Well there's only really one map (Camp Gibraltar) with multiple choke points where that happens.. same in BF3 (metro).. in all the other maps there's always a way around.

Fortune favors the bald.

Dunno. Then there's the general eye strain issue that comes from ****ty brown and gunmetal grey environments (not limited to BF2142 of course, its not even the worst case of it).

That's why I like TF2, all the flat colours and clean surfaces make it so easy on the eyes.

I seem to be having a lull in my game playing.

Paused halfway through a second play of ME3, kind of putting in half an hour here and there on TOR... but seem to be spending more time catching up on some assorted reading and tv shows I've had saved up.

I keep idling on the idea of picking up Skyrim at some point, but can't quite push the motivation yet..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

still picking slowly away at ME3, this game is about as exciting as watching paint dry. a huge let down (so far) after the excellent ME2

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finally popped in KoA Reckoning. Bought it on release day, but with Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 to go through, I haven't gotten around to starting a game yet.

Not too bad. First impression early on is similar to Fable.

i found it very Fable like as well (maybe with a bit of Sacred 2 as well). Only I don't really like Fable (or for that matter Sacred 2). I put KoA:R aside to work on the FO:NV expansions (which I in turn put aside to play ME3).

Seems like a well enough made game, but I'm not sure I'm going to ever go back to it...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man