SW: The Old Republic Part 3

Apparently quests at 50 don't give credits instead of XP, which is a bit of a head scratcher design wise.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's really a bit weird going through Balmora on the Republic side after finishing it on the Imperial side. You are basically tearing down everything you helped build :)

I think Balmora is my favorite planet after Ord Mantell.

• Like 1

Apparently quests at 50 don't give credits instead of XP, which is a bit of a head scratcher design wise.

It counts toward your Legacy experience.

Hm, from what I've seen it looks like the same amount it would anyways, so the XP it would have given to you just goes to waste.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It counts toward your Legacy experience.

Hm, from what I've seen it looks like the same amount it would anyways, so the XP it would have given to you just goes to waste.

No, normally you get legacy xp thats a percentage value of the actual xp earned. Once you hit 50, it is exactly the actual xp, just converted directly into legacy xp, not just a fraction.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah ok, meh would rather have the money at this point rather than points for whatever that Legacy system will give when they ship it.

Meh. Been wandering Tattooine with my smuggler.. and stalled on a class mission. Even though I'm a couple of levels above what is needed, the bad guys are still kicking my ass. And it's an annoying instance where you get kicked out of it when you die..so you have to start alll the way back at the beginning each time. Take out the droids..then end up in what's basically a three way battle between a jedi, a sith, and a crime lord..

Then on my 5th attempt, things are starting to go my way.... and the game crashes out. >_<

I'm trying to decide whether I should hop back on the horse to make one last try tonight..or give it up and get some sleep...

That could lead to some serious economic problems in the game though.

Hm, not sure it would, lvl 50s would get a nice rise in cash they have, but once those quests are done with no more. And the game has plenty of credit sinks - mission skills, etc.

Not really sure what to do with my 50 IA now, will knock off Corellia and Belsavis and Voss bonus series just for completion's sake.

What do you do for credits after 50? After dropping 330k credits for Speeder training (WTF!) and another ~100k on the rest of my level 50 spells, Im down to like 490k credits. I still have to gear all my companions, my ship and myself, not to mention grinding up my professions. Is the only way to gain credits after 50 to do Flashpoints over and over?

What do you do for credits after 50? After dropping 330k credits for Speeder training (WTF!) and another ~100k on the rest of my level 50 spells, Im down to like 490k credits. I still have to gear all my companions, my ship and myself, not to mention grinding up my professions. Is the only way to gain credits after 50 to do Flashpoints over and over?

PVP as well. And the eternal fallback of grinding mobs for credits and grey junk. I might end up doing that on Corellia as I roam around for scavening parts to make gear no one will buy :lol:

Also you reminded me of the huge amount of skills I haven't trained, kept making myself broke with the mission spamming trying to make RE blues/purples.

Edited by Malcador

I haven't paid too much attention to the market, but I'm guessing you could get a decent amount of credits selling resources as crafters get into the higher levels.

Plus you still get credits for killing stuff. It may take time, but since you already capped out, there isn't much reason to rush to riches.

Last night I got a cool drop from a gold star droid. It was an investigation mission, which once read became part of my crew missions. It gave a lot better rewards than the typical crew skill missions.

My smuggler has no crafting skills, but picks things up with slicing, scavenging and underworld trading.. Waiting until I have a small horde of resources to dump on the trade network nets me a nice return of cash. As long as I don't mind waiting those hours rather then get immidiately...

Also, don't forget the small cash bonuses you get for doing the Starship missions if you want a break from the other side of things..

I've heard slicing will make you filthy rich. Rumors are that will get nerfed pretty soon. I'm thinking most of my alts will do slicing and something that gets decent companion gifts, I'm not a fan of the actual crafting of items.

Slicing has already been nerfed. That was the first patch. You still make money off of it (mostly from finding lockboxes in the game world), but not the absurd that you used to.

I do cybertech and I make a decent profit selling purples, especially spaceship upgrades. But I also spend ALOT on sending my crew out on crew skill missions, since I want to keep our gear upgraded. I'm currently doing the lvl 49 mods, but haven't gotten far enough in the game that I can find the green materials (scavenging) in the game world, so with all the reverse engineering (remember, I am getting mods for me, my wife and my companion) I use up a lot of resources. I think it's fun though, so I don't mind so much. Plus having built your own speeder is a point of pride.

To make sure Im clear....regarding Artificing, you can only buy a handfull of recipies from the vendor and are expected to learn new recipies solely by creating those recipies and reverse engineering what you just made and hoping a new recipie pops in the process?

I think there are some schematic drops happen as well. Heh, after all, you need Artifice schematic drops from a world boss to be able to make the Magenta Crystal ...

But yes, pretty much most of it seems to be via reverse engineering. A few worlds have vendors which have a handful of extra recipes/schematics at a few different levels as well... but I can't remember which they were when i found them.. I really never got around to using Artifice with my SI>

To make sure Im clear....regarding Artificing, you can only buy a handfull of recipies from the vendor and are expected to learn new recipies solely by creating those recipies and reverse engineering what you just made and hoping a new recipie pops in the process?

I think you can actually buy quite a few recipes from the vendor, the just don't show up until you have the appropriate skill level. Most of them are green, though, so reverse engineering won't get you anything "new", just blue and purple versions of the schematic (meaning they're better for the level limit).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, you can buy a lot of green versions as you go along. But if you want the better ones (blues and purples) then it's done through RE. Some schematics are sold as blue or purple from the start, but those are the exception (and I believe those can't be reversed, but I'm not sure)

You can also buy schematics off the GTN.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif