SW: The Old Republic Part 3

They've also talked that at various stages, key "universe" altering events will happen.

I imagine that when the full war breaks out again, the class stories are going to have to shift with them.. otherwise things might not make as much sense.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hmm, I have a hard time believing they would discard the current stories in any way. My guess would be that they war will either take place in entirely new areas on existing planets (as well as new planets) or they will make heavy use of instancing to give the illusion of a changing world.

For example, in Lord of the Rings Online, you are traveling on a similar path as the fellowship of the ring. When the game launched, the Fellowship was in Rivendell, out in the open for all to see. But eventually they had to move on as new areas were added, so Turbine hid them away in instanced buildings in Rivendell for players that were behind in the story, and moved them forward for those at the front.

So for TOR I would guess that a world could look very different depending on what level or what part of the story you visit it in. They could have a Coruscant for levels 10-50, and then a separate Coruscant for post-50.

Just my theory, they could do something entirely different. I just can't imagine them altering the class quests in a dramatic way though.

Edited by Hurlshot

Im really getting tired of chasing Darth Thanaton. After 2-3 near misses on Corellion I think Ive finally got him cornered, enter whats supposed to be the FINAL KAGGATH, and lo and behold, he runs away to Korriban.

*rages*

Chill. It's just so you can go to Korriban and do the political speech and then kick his ass in front of the Dark Council ;)

Question, the new flashpoint, is it only level 50? Or is it like the others and have a normal level and hm for 50? Because that seems to be a pretty good solution to me, more content available for both levelling and end game.

It's not going to be available for soloplaying levellers, so there might be a need for that of course.

They've also talked that at various stages, key "universe" altering events will happen.

I imagine that when the full war breaks out again, the class stories are going to have to shift with them.. otherwise things might not make as much sense.

The war has broken out, in act three the text says the war is full one. I'm guessing the actual war mostly takes place on Corellia and Ilum, particularly the last one). So the earlier planets in the story are kinda like earlier in time as well.

http://www.swtor.com...ad.php?t=249030

This might be what's going on with bad fps. Still, if this is true then everyone should have bad fps, but I think it is at least partially true. You can try this by moving and opening your inventory.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I just hope they have a suitable story line for all the Sith characters getting offed. Since we know that is what happens.

Been thinking about the Legacy system and what it could do, would like it to bring characters into each others story, like your BH hunting your Smuggler. Would allow for some interesting choices are you going to off you sumggler, help him get away or waste your BH. Of course that will never happen.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Question, the new flashpoint, is it only level 50? Or is it like the others and have a normal level and hm for 50?

Only for lvl50.

It's kinda fun, different than the others. Lots of enemies in darkness. Good thing you get flashlights. Probably can be real pain with random people though, some of the enemies can stun you for a long time if nobody in your group interrupts it.

I'm just expecting the legacy system to give you perks and boosts for levelling alts.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just hope they have a suitable story line for all the Sith characters getting offed. Since we know that is what happens.

One comment I found interesting back during the development days, was that they wanted elements of the Republic as we see it in the films, to show up in both the Old Republic and on the Imperial side, to highlight how things actually merged and combined at certain levels as time went by...

Finally finished the SI class storyline and found it entertaining. Thanaton was much harder to kill this time and I found it refreshing that I was forced to change tactics from my ususal tank and spank. Also was the first time Ive seen a boss CC my tank and come directly after me.

Guess this is where I get on the endgame treadmill.

Question, the new flashpoint, is it only level 50? Or is it like the others and have a normal level and hm for 50? Because that seems to be a pretty good solution to me, more content available for both levelling and end game.

It's not going to be available for soloplaying levellers, so there might be a need for that of course.

Most of the time, in MMO's I've playe,d it's max level focused.

They seem to have a different perspective on this one, but I'd guess that the new one is 50 only.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pretty much having a break from TOR this weekend... although I'm not actually in the mood to play anything else.

Had a short return to my SI on friday to finish off a couple of the Correllian world quests. Although without the presence of the class-quest I will say I'm having a slight loss of forward momentum...

They seem to have a different perspective on this one, but I'd guess that the new one is 50 only.

That'd be a pretty good guess, they can only ask you to re-do the same zones so many times, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That'd be a pretty good guess, they can only ask you to re-do the same zones so many times, after all.

They're asking you to do it, right now, around 8 times... with no differences.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Been playing with my BH and I say there should of been 3 factions. Republic(Jedi, trooper), Sith(Sith,IA) and Non-aligned(BH/Smuggler).

Also there is a dire need of neutral relics, rping my BH has meant I can't equip any relics. I know my fault for not min/max.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Been playing with my BH and I say there should of been 3 factions. Republic(Jedi, trooper), Sith(Sith,IA) and Non-aligned(BH/Smuggler).

Also there is a dire need of neutral relics, rping my BH has meant I can't equip any relics. I know my fault for not min/max.

Neutral relics and other goodies for people on the neutral path are supposedly upcoming in one of the sooner-rather-then-later patches.

Played Directive 7 with friends on the weekend, wonderful bug with the one boss who will scan you then produce clones of you. If you're an IA like me, what happens is you're scanned and then he keeps spamming the clones - party wipe. One of the funnier bugs so far.

• The absolutely best relics come from Operations, namely Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace. These relics do not have any alignment requirement.
  • Second best relics come from Hard Mode Flashpoints, these relics do not have any alignment requirement.
  • Third best relic is acquried when you assemble 3 Matrix Shards of the same color (discovered from Datacrons) into a relic with passive stats. This relic has no alignment requirement.

Played Directive 7 with friends on the weekend, wonderful bug with the one boss who will scan you then produce clones of you. If you're an IA like me, what happens is you're scanned and then he keeps spamming the clones - party wipe. One of the funnier bugs so far.

We killed ~30 or so of those clones, eventually they stopped spawning. Edited by trulez

Probably could have done better with a 4th player, I suppose.

At some point I'm going to have to actually sit down and try finding a space on some Operations at some point..

Just want to wrap up those final world quests before I get into that area.

Ive still got around 10-12 Heroic 4's scattered about different planets to do. I spent the weekend soloing all the grayed-out ones leaving me only green difficulty ones left to do. Im not really sure why I bothered with the gray ones other than the satisfaction of getting them out of my quest log.