SW: The Old Republic Part 3

Ive still got around 10-12 Heroic 4's scattered about different planets to do. I spent the weekend soloing all the grayed-out ones leaving me only green difficulty ones left to do. Im not really sure why I bothered with the gray ones other than the satisfaction of getting them out of my quest log.

Yeah, I just delete everything once it turns grey. It's not like I'm lacking quests in this game.

I'm on Nar Shadaa doing the bonus series right now, I love this planet.

I'm on Nar Shadaa doing the bonus series right now, I love this planet.

Next on my list, though I think I'll grit my teeth and go do a level or so on Alderaan. Being a sentinel, having a few extra level doesn't exactly hurt me. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

All of the bonus series were pretty fun to do, even if it's rather silly that the one guy just tells you to go talk to 2 other guys and do favours for them. Planning to start Belsavis' bonus series tonight. Is there one for Quesh or was that world so tacked on it didn't get one ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While the "starter" encounter for the Tattooine Bonus series is actually quite good, I found the missions some of the blandest/worst of the bonus series.

Edit: speaking of the Republic side, I can't even remember anything standout about them from the Imperial side.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's not like I'm lacking quests in this game.

Speaking of which, in an incredible display of n00bism, on Corellion I kept getting the message "You must complete missions first" every time I tried to pick up a quest. I erroneously though that meant that I had to complete some other step before I could accept the new quest but in reality it meant my quest log was full. :banghead:

I felt pretty stupid when that finally dawned on me but seriously, cant the message simply say "Quest log full"?

Speaking of which, in an incredible display of n00bism, on Corellion I kept getting the message "You must complete missions first" every time I tried to pick up a quest. I erroneously though that meant that I had to complete some other step before I could accept the new quest but in reality it meant my quest log was full. :banghead:

I felt pretty stupid when that finally dawned on me but seriously, cant the message simply say "Quest log full"?

I had that happen to me when I tried picking up a datacron one time. Felt exactly the same when I realised the reason for it. But it is odd that picking up a datacron counts as a mission for some reason...

So far I've only got Khem's affection up to the mid 5,000's.. I'm guessing that something develops as that affection goes up...

as Gromnir mentioned earlier, the most effective way to get companions to 10k affection is with gifts. try to do with dialogues alone and you end up with a bunch o' level 15-30 companion quests that is less than fulfilling once you hit 50... particularly as such quests offer increasingly large xp awards. depending on your server, you may be able to purchase companion gifts through galactic trade at a relative cheap price... am recollecting that they shows up as miscellaneous items.

reagarding truez observations 'bout grey relics (non-ls/ds), he is glossing over the fact that his alternatives is primarily post level 50 options. as a level 19 whatever, you can equip a couple o' relics that would boost your endurance by 28 points, and provide a nice (albeit brief) alacrity bonus. initial relics is needing level 19 to equip, and am believing that relics improve at level 27, 35 and 50. is a considerable 'mount o' gaming hours one must endure with two empty equipment slots if one chooses a neutral path. for non-pvp player, relics is out-of-reach for those who wish to stay grey and have not yet hit level 50. how many hours o' gameplay does it take to reach 50 for most folks?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There's this button, "abandon quest", it does the trick as well.

;)

I've found that it doesn't always work... it works on the first quest in the chain, but 2nd or third? you're boned.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just reached 41 on my Operative and having a blast! I was a little hesitant after the first 10 or so levels...the game just wasn't pulling me in and I contemplated not re-subbing after the first free month. I think what really turned it on for me was finding the right class and getting my ship. I tried a Bounty Hunter, Inquisitor and Imperial Agent. The Operative reminds me alot of my Rogue in WoW but with alot more utility. The class is super fun to play and I really love the storyline. Back when the game was still in development and they revealed that space combat would be on rails.....I laughed. I thought what a joke it was going to be. Wow, was I wrong. I love doing the space missions and thats the first thing I do when I jump into game. The only complaint I have about the game is how easy it is to level up. Its so easy to outlevel content if you do space missions, warzones, and flash points. I've had to skip over 3 planets so far(aside from doing the class quests). I guess the next toon I level up I'll just avoid everything else but questing.

Just reached 41 on my Operative and having a blast! I was a little hesitant after the first 10 or so levels...the game just wasn't pulling me in and I contemplated not re-subbing after the first free month. I think what really turned it on for me was finding the right class and getting my ship. I tried a Bounty Hunter, Inquisitor and Imperial Agent. The Operative reminds me alot of my Rogue in WoW but with alot more utility. The class is super fun to play and I really love the storyline. Back when the game was still in development and they revealed that space combat would be on rails.....I laughed. I thought what a joke it was going to be. Wow, was I wrong. I love doing the space missions and thats the first thing I do when I jump into game. The only complaint I have about the game is how easy it is to level up. Its so easy to outlevel content if you do space missions, warzones, and flash points. I've had to skip over 3 planets so far(aside from doing the class quests). I guess the next toon I level up I'll just avoid everything else but questing.

Thank god you're not a Warrior/Guardian. I haven't been able to pass a planet by, and am going to have to turn around and do a bonus series or two so that I don't keep getting crushed on Belsavis.

Until then I've been messing around on 3 other characters, two inquisitors and a Soldier.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You're right, Khem Val's issue is resolved through quests that are tied to raising his affection. So do that and stuff will happen.

And I though the final quest with Thanaton was really unsatisfying:

So you chase him down the Dark Council chambers. Then you have an epic fight with him CC'ing your tank, revivifying himself, and just being a pain in the ass. Then you finally beat him and CUTSCENE. The Dark Council looks disappointed than some big ugly force chokes him to death. I immediately wanted to go lightsaber that guy in the face for stealing my kill! You could at least give me the satisfaction of letting me kill the dude I've been chasing around the galaxy for two acts.

Edited by Ice9

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

There's this button, "abandon quest", it does the trick as well.

;)

I've found that it doesn't always work... it works on the first quest in the chain, but 2nd or third? you're boned.

True, I still have quest or two I'd rather get rid of. Smuggler's Moon and Tattooine Bonus Series being the ones I can think of. But I think all Heroics can be abanadoned without problem, regardless of what stage they're in. That has been my experience anyway.

So you chase him down the Dark Council chambers. Then you have an epic fight with him CC'ing your tank, revivifying himself, and just being a pain in the ass. Then you finally beat him and CUTSCENE. The Dark Council looks disappointed than some big ugly force chokes him to death. I immediately wanted to go lightsaber that guy in the face for stealing my kill! You could at least give me the satisfaction of letting me kill the dude I've been chasing around the galaxy for two acts.

My cutscene was slightly different in that

after I defeated him some skinny guy came over and force broke his neck. But I agree, I too was pissed that he took the kill. Kinda a karma boomerang for me since I accidentally stole the pirate companions kill in the early part of the game.

I thought they'd fixed that already. Bizarre. Anyway, patch today - sprint persists through death (well maybe) among other things

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had an extensive catchup of gameplay tonight. Pushed my Smuggler through to the end of Act 1.

Although was annoyed that I was given a Codex entry that revealed the upcoming plot twist and "surprise" reveal.. before you do the mission that shares it. Kind of spoiled any possible drama/tension about it.. ah well. C'est la vie.

I have to admit, Underworld Trading built up one massive stack of Companion gifts in my cargo hold.. I worked my way through them and had Corso and Bowdaar were up high levels.. but didn't want to talk to me. Until Act 1 finished..and then suddenly each one had about 10 conversations one after the other.

So there's that automatic pause that waits for specific acts to be dealt with before they carry on with companions..

Had an extensive catchup of gameplay tonight. Pushed my Smuggler through to the end of Act 1.

Although was annoyed that I was given a Codex entry that revealed the upcoming plot twist and "surprise" reveal.. before you do the mission that shares it. Kind of spoiled any possible drama/tension about it.. ah well. C'est la vie.

I have to admit, Underworld Trading built up one massive stack of Companion gifts in my cargo hold.. I worked my way through them and had Corso and Bowdaar were up high levels.. but didn't want to talk to me. Until Act 1 finished..and then suddenly each one had about 10 conversations one after the other.

So there's that automatic pause that waits for specific acts to be dealt with before they carry on with companions..

Mmh, I had an (IMO) even worse one, where the dialogue in a flashpoint revealed part of what happened at the conclusion of act 1. So, kids, if you care about story like your uncle Nep does, don't do Taral V until after Act 1. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A recent q & a session on the upcoming 1.2 patch - http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19932-swtor-hosts-community-q-a-session-plus-announces#

Including such comments as:

Character transfers between servers are definitely going to be available in the future and we

Well, hoo-ray. Some of those should be good to see, had to laugh at some of responses which are "Yeah, you'll see it soon!". The UI changes re; the GCD do look neat, always nice to have options on things. Cross server WZs would be nice, larger pool of Rep players to fight against, although the margin must be pretty large so it won't help that much, New WZs will be FFA I guess then.

Better late than never, though.

Well I guess I'm almost done with the game, all 3 of my friends playing have unsubbed, so that kills it a bit. They already resolved the issues with FPD kirottu, just turn the settings down :)

I don't know if they fixed the fps thing, but that q & a was more about upcoming features then any bug fixes. Typically fixes are implemented during maintenance periods, rather than waiting for an update.

Bummer that your friends unsubbed, Malc. It's odd, I have a few buddies I really thought would dig the game for long term, and they've stopped too. I think the problem is story. Most MMO's don't really try to tell a personal story for your character. I love that Bioware is doing that, but if you aren't happy with the way that story goes, you are stuck with it. It sounds like that happened to Tale too.