What are you playing now?

Your wit is so razor sharp, it cut off the witty part of your post.

Stop hungarian around and just tell me who Drizzt is.

I'm not jesting.

Or, actually, don't tell me. I don't care, moron.

Edit: Oh, some D&D character. Okay, keep fighting the good fight, nerds.

Said the man with 8300 posts in an crpg forum, while slowly suffocating in irony.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I know it's cool to hate on things that are popular, but given that 90% of video game writing is absolute garbage, me thinks you folks are being a bit too picky.

I read his books over a decade ago and I remember a decent amount about a few of the characters. Considering my age and senility, he must have done something right.

The average book has better writing than the average video game. I admit that I hold novelists to higher standards than video game writers, but I think that's fair as they have far more control of their work. No novelist has ever been told they couldn't describe a character taking off his shirt because it wasn't in the budget.

Okay, okay, I'm going to try to be positive...

Yes, RA Salvadore tends to have a sort of generic fantasy vibe, but he is working in an existing property. He didn't come up with the DnD setting, the fact that all of his characters have to adhere to a pre-existing class structure, moral alignment (barbarians must be chaotic!), or the idea that you only gain experience via killing and that the more powerful the character, the more powerful/magical the loot they must have.

And while it

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Its not as though having him working on the game means anything concrete - little is going to be up to him and him alone. There is more than a fair chance they'll shoehorn the plot into standard videogame stuff and just stick his name on the box.

I used to have 3 of the Drizzt books in my teens and I either threw them away or sold them off at some point. Today I'd say they were trash, but then I'd say that for the writing of most games I've played.

I'd say the same about Todd McFarlane although to be honest, he's a bit better in his field than Salvatore is in his.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I like playing video games here and there, but trust me, I don't consider myself exactly a nerd. And most certainly not in Real Life.

256px-Nile-en.svg.png

So you don't use arbitrary classifications just between games, but also to place yourself above other people? :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I enjoyed reading Salvatore. It used to be good stuff to pass time if nothing special. Servant of the Shard is still among my favorite books though. No Drizzt, just Entreri and Jarlaxle. And i'd rather read his works than any more of Hobb and the like.

Still playing RAGE, and got back into Dark Souls again and with DLC coming next week, U3MP will start up too.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've got about 30 Riddler trophies to collect before I can finally unlock the final Riddler mission. Then I'll have all the sidequests completed (other than the stupid AR gliding challenges).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Jedi Academy. I've now played the entire set. I still hate Dark Forces 2.

Academy was a nice improvement over Outcast. I hadn't really expected that. The mission structure was uninteresting. But the lightsaber combat was a lot more tolerable, there weren't as many obnoxious snipers, and they toned down the platforming. And the level design was much better. I very rarely got lost and never had to resort to youtube to figure out what I missed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Blood Bowl Legendary edition. The tutorials suck and I don't know the rules so I'm having a really tough time with the game.

Blood Bowl Legendary edition. The tutorials suck and I don't know the rules so I'm having a really tough time with the game.

You can find the rulebook free on the internet. (including GW own site)

Dose this legendary edition force a 3rd party DRM?

I remember that the first edition did that and it didn't have the best reputation for reliability.

That always looked interesting to me, let me know if you figure it out.

Badically its made for the fans of the game - there's no way around studying the 60 page rulebook. Menus are horribly organized, the game is full of various iconography that isn't explained anywhere etc...

But the most problematic issue is that I've only seen the AI use a single tactic in 15+ games, regardless of which race they pick. This leads to some strange turns like the AI advancing a player deep near the touchline for a pass with teams that are completely incapable of passing and catching. I'm under the impression that regular BB players would steamroll the AI in ten minutes regardless of difficulty.

After that, the most annoying thing are inexplicable load times for a game with very simplistic graphics (bad optimization).

If you can get past all those hurdles its a decent game, probably best played in hot seat mode with friends/family.

You can find the rulebook free on the internet. (including GW own site)

Dose this legendary edition force a 3rd party DRM?

I remember that the first edition did that and it didn't have the best reputation for reliability.

I don't know about DRM...

I've had one crash so far.

blood bowl is definitely made for fans of the game, i personally really enjoyed it, but thats because i have fond memories of playing the tabletop game back in high school.

i think for someone with a genuine interest though, and some patience, they can find some fun in the pc version

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

That last mission for the Riddler sidequest was easy. I suppose the difficult part was leading up to it, including collecting enough trophies/challenges in order to unlock it.

I've now finished all sidequests other than the AR challenges, which I doubt I'll ever even attempt. I simply suck at the gliding. I had a difficult time with the Ra's Al Ghul main story mission because of it.

I'll probably attempt some of the combat challenges now, then take a break and play something else, before coming back to it to finish New Game+ and unlock that achievement.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Trying to finish up unfinished games from last year that I already started. First up LA Noire. And I quickly remember why I didn't finish it, it bores me. Shelved.

Next up, Dead Space 2!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nothing can ever hope to beat Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon-Ra/Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Serrated Scalpel when it comes to detective adventures.

I laugh and weep at the cinematic QTE crap of Heavy Rain and LA Noire.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Nothing can ever hope to beat Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon-Ra/Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Serrated Scalpel when it comes to detective adventures.

I laugh and weep at the cinematic QTE crap of Heavy Rain and LA Noire.

there is no qte in la noire unless you count fistfight, gun shooting or dialog choosing.