The Drizzt Do'Urden Film and Video Game

Cutlock

For the Film:

Drizzt - Matthew Broderick, the character of Drizzt completely resembles Simba from Lion King to me. CGI Drizzt or Motion-Capture

Jarlaxle - Kevin Spacey, Bald works best

Artemis Entreri - Vin Diesel, I just find that Vin works out for this role, considering the fact that it kind of mirrors Riddick

Roddy McGristle - Tony Goldwyn, just grow a beard Tony

Morkai the Red - Michael Rooker

Wulfgar - I would say the John Corbett from 1992, but since that is not him anymore it has to be Keannu Reeves for me

Regis - Jay Mohr

Catti-Brie - Carla Guginio (Red-her bit*h)

Story: Probably a mix between Sojourn and Streams of Silver for me

For the game: Something Dragon Ageish

oh my god you just described the scariest movie ever.

seriously though, i've been saying since the day Brick was released that Joseph Gordon Levitt would make the best drizzt if they ever made a movie.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Drizzt - Matthew Broderick

Jarlaxle - Kevin Spacey

Artemis Entreri - Vin Diesel

...No. Just no.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

im pretty sure the op was joking, that cast is hysterical

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Vin Diesel would be a perfect Sarevok in a Baldur's Gate movie.

That I could see.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

baldurs gate movie would be atrocious.

and as much as i love torment, it would make a terrible movie too.

most video games would make bad movies.

baldurs gate movie would be atrocious.

and as much as i love torment, it would make a terrible movie too.

most video games would make bad movies.

That doesn't stop Uwe Boll.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tombraider wasn't too bad. And if you like horror the 1st Resident Evil was tolerable.

But yeah, agreed....video games turned into movies are typically terrible. Not to mention, never feel like they have much to do with the actual game. Maybe that's part of the problem ... they keep trying to make the movie fit the game's plot vs. writing an actual good movie script that happens to have known game characters in it.

That doesn't stop Uwe Boll.

*Google*

...wait, he made a "worst movie of all time" Alone in the Dark movie, with Christian Slater?

I MUST FIND/WATCH THIS. :sorcerer:

the only video game movie i can think of that wasn't terrible was Silent Hill, that was merely "not very good"

the first two resident evil movies are fun to watch because they are so bad, same as mortal kombat and street fighter: the movie. but as far as genuinely good film-making goes, there are no good video game movies.

edit: alone in the dark is HYSTERICAL. watch it with friends, drink a lot. make a double feature out of that movie and The Room

Edited by entrerix

the first two resident evil movies are fun to watch because they are so bad, same as mortal kombat and street fighter: the movie. but as far as genuinely good film-making goes, there are no good video game movies.

I thought the 'Doom' movie was quite decent for it's genre (i.e. trapped with monsters on a remote research location, not video game conversation). But then, I never played any of the Doom games, so there wasn't really any expectations other than a some monsters, big guns and a handful of special effects, propelled along by strange conversations :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The only thing I liked about the Doom movie was that segment that was very video-game like, because it made me laugh. The rest...meh. :sorcerer:

I should say, too, that most of my liking Tombraider was Ms Jolie. She just fit as Lara, imo.

The only thing I liked about the Doom movie was that segment that was very video-game like, because it made me laugh. The rest...meh. :)

I should say, too, that most of my liking Tombraider was Ms Jolie. She just fit as Lara, imo.

The first TR movie wasn't too shabby. The second one, well... :)

I liked the Silent Hill movie too, but again, never played any of the games, so it was just a movie to kill a bit of time.

Never was a fan of comic to movie transitions either, probably being more tolerant of the ones where I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material. Never underestimate the effect of expectations :sorcerer:

Sands of Time is a surprisingly decent movie and very true to the spirit of the game... but then Jordan Mechner himself wrote the movie script.

The Dungeon Siege movie is entertaining as well... as in seeing various Hollywood (fallen) stars making asses of themselves.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, the Prince of Persia flick got a lot of things right. Got a lot of things wrong as well, but those are the kind of things blockbusters do wrong, not the kind of things video game movies do wrong.

I wish they'd just skipped the first Silent Hill game and went straight to number two. The second one works fine without any backstory. Instead, it seems the sequel movie will skip straight to number three. :sorcerer:

Prince of Persia was bloody awful, same as Tomb Raider and such ilk, I suppose for a film based on a gamer, it "better" than the average game movie, but still - They're all pretty poor, even the "better" ones are still poor.

BTW, Best movie based on a game ever... Super Mario Bros. I spent hours as a child trying to figure that out - I know better now, there is feck all of a relationship.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Brainwave:

Leisure Suit Larry. :sweat:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.