Deus Ex 3

Finished the game in 29 hours.

I killed both Taggart and Sarif (I also really wanted to kill that bitch Megan Reed but she managed to cutscene her way out) and sent Darrow's message into the ether.

I really enjoyed the first part of the game, but after Montr

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I guess I'll have to find a copy of the book, apparently you figure out who the three super mooks are in it, hm. Is a real shame you couldn't kill Reed, or betray the scientists somehow, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess I'll have to find a copy of the book, apparently you figure out who the three super mooks are in it, hm. Is a real shame you couldn't kill Reed, or betray the scientists somehow, heh.

From what I recall, the book actually makes the three mooks much less two-dimensional and fleshes out that mercenary group.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

From what I recall, the book actually makes the three mooks much less two-dimensional and fleshes out that mercenary group.

Well holy hell, I'd hope so.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I read it less than a month ago.

Barret and Fedorava are expanded upon not at all. Namir is given the silly characterization of missing a dead sister. As if it's relevant at all.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

About Namir:

Isn't in the game hinted that he has some deeper relationship with Megan Reed? It was confusing me, as in the book he has a family with woman and children and loved them, etc.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

About Namir:

Isn't in the game hinted that he has some deeper relationship with Megan Reed? It was confusing me, as in the book he has a family with woman and children and loved them, etc.

It's just people reading to much into one throwaway line from Reed. She's just expecting him when you arrive. He was hanging out in the room just before hers, that's where the boss fight is. It doesn't mean they're sleeping together. If a guy is outside your room, then you expect someone entering your room to be that guy, does that mean you're intimate or that you have object permanence?

However, the book is worthless anyway. According to it, Namir and his team work alone, not with a large number of spec-ops like the game. If it's canon, I'm a duck.

Also remember that the big plot of the book was an assassination attempt on Taggart. Taggart is one of their bosses.

I'd rather read another novel, too. Someone criticized the lack of story in DXHR. He writes a lot but his point, as I take it, seems to be the lack of character development of Adam. To some extent, I agree, there are some convincing characters but there doesn't feel like that there is any device to connect each factor outside of the over-used ideological themes.

Also remember that the big plot of the book was an assassination attempt on Taggart. Taggart is one of their bosses.

Yes, but in the book they say that he is sacrificed for their thing-- to bring the people to vote against augmentation. So it would help them if there is some assassination attempt on Taggart.

It's just strange that the game and the book have such a strange relationship. Wasn't the games story and the book written by the same author?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wasn't the games story and the book written by the same author?

No. The game was written by Mary DeMarle.

Wasn't the games story and the book written by the same author?

No. The game was written by Mary DeMarle.

IIRC, Swallow was a writer on the team, DeMarle was the Lead.

Deus Ex : The Icarus Effect - by James Swallows.

spits?

:lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

IIRC, Swallow was a writer on the team,

Very doubtful. He's a book author, he doesn't do game writing. And none of his ideas from Icarus Effect are in Deus Ex. He created several original characters, at least 3, reused a Deus Ex 1 character, and they're not even mentioned in passing in the game.

I'll be. I didn't scroll down far enough to see that he does have game writing credits.

IIRC, Swallow was a writer on the team,

Very doubtful. He's a book author, he doesn't do game writing. And none of his ideas from Icarus Effect are in Deus Ex. He created several original characters, at least 3, reused a Deus Ex 1 character, and they're not even mentioned in passing in the game.

It sez so in the "About the Author" thing in the back of the book. No need for ****ing wikipedia.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A motion comic of the first issue was with the augmented edition. I don't see how it can fit into the game at all. At what point did Jensen have time to make a trip to South America?

Also, the motion comic was a grand total of 9 minutes long. Is that how short a comic book issue is these days? Is that new or is my memory bad?

It's just people reading to much into one throwaway line from Reed. She's just expecting him when you arrive. He was hanging out in the room just before hers, that's where the boss fight is. It doesn't mean they're sleeping together. If a guy is outside your room, then you expect someone entering your room to be that guy, does that mean you're intimate or that you have object permanence?

"Deeper relationship" doesn't have to mean they were sleeping together. She was on a first name basis with the man that as far as she knew murdered her former lover.