Deus Ex 3

my first major disappointment: i decided i didn't like a certain npc in the sarif building, and decided to kill them. the game wouldnt let me draw my weapon or take them down. bug or feature? :lol:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

my first major disappointment: i decided i didn't like a certain npc in the sarif building, and decided to kill them

Guess they saw that coming huh?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Reading the comments on this game, I'm getting the urge to buy it. I just tend to suck at stealth games (even Alpha Protocol, I tended to avoid the stealth build), so I'm still undecided.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Reading the comments on this game, I'm getting the urge to buy it. I just tend to suck at stealth games (even Alpha Protocol, I tended to avoid the stealth build), so I'm still undecided.

Give in and be cool, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I really suck at stealth games as well (and I'd definitely say that this game is harder in regards to stealthing than AP, though a lot more rewarding as well) but I wouldn't let that stop you. There's still a lot of room to maneuver in terms of your different augs and weapons, there are many approaches to most situations.

I'd say that the level design in the game is one of the absolute best features of it. Most of the time you really feel quite empowered in terms of how you can approach things, they really support and encourage experimentation in many ways. There have been many times where I've just thought to myself "hell yeah, I *rock*" after doing something particularly cool.

And some of the worst parts of the game (just like Alpha Protocol IMO) is when the game takes control away from you, mostly in cutscenes or so where Jensen turns into an idiot completely separate from how you've been playing him. Thankfully it doesn't happen enough to take away from the great parts of the game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Slept only 4 hours the night, rest of the day was playing DX3. I really like it so far, though that doesn't surprise me now. The boss fights are a bit meh, but not as bad as I've imagined them after reading what other people wrote. Lots of stuff to explore in the gameworld, lots of stuff to hack (a bit too much, isn't it? edit: In DX1 it was hacking and lockpick, which made it feel more varied. In DX3 you have only hacking, over and over again-- kind of a little overkill for me), but beside this, a really good game.

Though, the game feels a bit more linear to me than DX1. I know that DX1 wasn't more "free" as well, but it didn't felt much like that.

Anyway, love the revolver with explosive thingy modification and my stun gun. I rarely use anything else.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Completed my first run (stealth/hacker/pacifist, though missed out on the achievement)... and my earlier assessment stands. Two full days (and I mean full, it's 5am and I just finished, slept 5 hours in between). :D

I'm always a packrat, but I was really hurting for space this time around even with full inventory upgrades. I think it's related to the pacifist approach, you need to carry 3 relatively large weapons (buzzkill, dart rifle and PEPS) and gas grenades (grenades don't stack!)

Also the trick to fun hacking is to max the stealth series as fast as possible.

Also, holding on to praxis points until you need them is IMO the only sound strategy after the beginning of the game. I had 8 at the beginning of the final encounter and wound up using all of them.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So here's a thing that might not have been mentioned yet: If you have a conversation in which you have to do convincing / can use the socializing aug, and then reload the game to retry the conversation, the game will load alternate line readings that differ in order and phrasing. That's what people are saying, anywy. I've had one experience that bears this out (I thought I was just tired and mishearing things, but I definitely chose the same option twice and the sequence was definitely different). That's pretty cool, guess maybe they got to use multiple line readings?

I've also heard that in order to scuttle savescumming attempts, the optimal path through a conversation can change with reloads as well. That seems dubious to me, but if it's true it's ****ing cool. Games tend to get savaged on this forum but I think if you took AP's convo system and integrated it into DX:HR you could have something damn near close to a perfect game. I don't say that lightly.

I can't confirm or deny your second point, but I was testing out the conversation at the police station with and without the social aug and I definitely had different response to the same tactic in different attempts. Some may have just been because I had used a different tactic in the first choice, but the same one in the second, while others I definitely picked the same options.

From what I can remember, there were at least a couple different lines that all more or less said the same thing, but with different inflections. One was more defiant while another was more sad and beaten.

After 15 hours I'm just leaving Detroit. Having a lot of fun so far. I've mostly upgraded my hacking skills with a few points in extra battery cells and the ability to punch through walls. Favourite part so far has to be sneaking through the last story mission in Detroit. "Ghost"ing that section was a lot of fun, although I dunno if it's really ghosting if I stopped to talk to the two non-hostile guys there.

I liked it better before I had the social aug when I just chose whatever reply made the most sense. Don't really care if Jensen isn't the great conversationalist. I'm just over the haft way mark now and I'm running out of meaningful things to spend praxis points on. I guess I could upgrade stealth or hacking some more. Don't want to upgrade typhoon to max because it already feels like cheating.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why is this game so special again? I swear part of me feels like I'm playing some strange Rainbow Six : Vegas mod.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

So what do you think will they announce on Monday? Sequel or DLC?

Well, about a year ago, they were talking about the PRC plans, in the form of an "extension". So... expansion?

Finished it, love it. Starting over again now.

I can understand why that grenade launcher mission was cut from the final game, though. From it's quality it feels different to me than the rest of the game. Also it feels like it doesn't belong into the game anymore. I mean, I like that more content was added due to pre-order bonus, but yeah... I see why it was cut out in the first place.

The grenade launcher is really very powerful. You don't find much ammo for it, but I still found it worth to eat up inventory space. :>

/Edit: Btw, either I am blind or I have seen not a single ingame advert in the whole game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished it, love it. Starting over again now.

I can understand why that grenade launcher mission was cut from the final game, though. From it's quality it feels different to me than the rest of the game. Also it feels like it doesn't belong into the game anymore. I mean, I like that more content was added due to pre-order bonus, but yeah... I see why it was cut out in the first place.

The grenade launcher is really very powerful. You don't find much ammo for it, but I still found it worth to eat up inventory space. :>

/Edit: Btw, either I am blind or I have seen not a single ingame advert in the whole game.

Found the launcher quite useful in the final level. :no:

Been in Korea without internet, finally bought an online copy now but without the 10% sale. :( Have read hardly any impressions about it but am pretty sure it'll be enjoyable. Last few pages seem to be all about people playing it all day and all night.

Shouldn't have gone to the eidos montreal forums. Full of people saying how they played "Deus Ex and the expansion" and DXHR sucks... :(

Oh no, people trolling! :( Not actually seeing all that much of it, although their forums are a mess right now.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh no, people trolling! :( Not actually seeing all that much of it, although their forums are a mess right now.

That guy came across as stoopid, not a troll, but maybe my detector was off.