RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

As Tale said, the difference between Battlefield and the Bad Company games is an emphasis on consoles and an actual single player campaign.

Battlefield 3 has a single player campaign, I believe, so it is breaking from the tradition there. It is still a return to the big maps with jets and a ton of players, so I'll pick it up day one without question. I could care less about a single player element, I plan on hiding in the hills and shooting as many people as I can in the head from 300 yards out.

I wouldn't pay full price for a MP only game though. What a rip-off. At least the CoD games still got a campaign.

TF2 is for free, other MP stuff only costs around 15 EUR.

i take it you didnt play battlefield 2?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I wouldn't pay full price for a MP only game though. What a rip-off. At least the CoD games still got a campaign.

TF2 is for free, other MP stuff only costs around 15 EUR.

i take it you didnt play battlefield 2?

last fun Battlefield game was BF Vietnam :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Getting a new Deus Ex game every 2 or so years will kill the franchise. I can not see how they will supply so much conspiracy without making it horrible stupid or illogical at some point.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Getting a new Deus Ex game every 2 or so years will kill the franchise. I can not see how they will supply so much conspiracy without making it horrible stupid or illogical at some point.

We are now treating Morgoth's paranoid delusions as a source of news? We get a news item that says they are expanding the size of the studio and it suddenly means yearly Deus Ex releases? Just because they aren't owned by 2k? You people need to have your medication adjusted.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

We are now treating Morgoth's paranoid delusions as a source of news? We get a news item that says they are expanding the size of the studio and it suddenly means yearly Deus Ex releases? Just because they aren't owned by 2k? You people need to have your medication adjusted.

Well nobody's gonna be surprised if this turns out to be true. Well, except less sharp people like you maybe...

They still might keep their original plan, working with smaller teams for longer periods of time but just adding more teams so they can release a game or two pretty much every year. Not really sure how many states/countries/cities offer up as lucrative tax cuts as Montreal/Quebec, but I would imagine that's a big factor when you are expanding the company. If you look at their Q&A team, you can see it's pretty big already. Square might just as well focus more/most of their internal Q&A to the Montreal locale due to the tax cuts.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well nobody's gonna be surprised if this turns out to be true. Well, except less sharp people like you maybe...

I'm gonna give you the opportunity for a better comeback than "ur dumb1" before I answer. :(

Kind of funny to suggest medication though, heh. Every 2 years for a Deus Ex game, well I wouldn't be shocked - Square said they had a 10 year plan for the new DX or something along those lines. But EM are the new rock stars so how can it go wrong ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kinda puts CD Projekt fapping to 1 million sales in perspective.

Yeah, and I read somewhere, they wanna make a remake of Witcher 1 now. That's some really well-thought out investment there.

No thanks.

No thanks if they want to use Witcher 2 to do it. :)

(I would not mind a re-tweaked engine that improves on the original's rough spots; and translation... But I'd want the same basic game ~including functional ISO modes.)

Kind of funny to suggest medication though, heh. Every 2 years for a Deus Ex game, well I wouldn't be shocked - Square said they had a 10 year plan for the new DX or something along those lines. But EM are the new rock stars so how can it go wrong ?

Nah, I'm just stupid in the way that when someone has made something awesome, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't automatically forget everything about it and start making crap instead. Funnily, I'm only rarely very disappointed, with Invisible War being an exceptional example. :D

Nah, I'm just stupid in the way that when someone has made something awesome, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't automatically forget everything about it and start making crap instead. Funnily, I'm only rarely very disappointed, with Invisible War being an exceptional example. :D

Okay ? That pretty much was my point. Although I would find it funny if EM's next DX game ended up as Invisible War 2, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay ? That pretty much was my point. Although I would find it funny if EM's next DX game ended up as Invisible War 2, heh.

It was? Ok, I'll make a deal: if everyone else gets their medication updated, I'll go get my eyesight checked.

Some rumor stuff: Resident Evil 6 at TGS, EA working on PS3 exclusive FPS

Since when has EA grown the balls to do a PS3 exclusive? I gotta say I like that publisher more and more..

Also RE6. This better be a horror game again, 'cause shootin' people in the face all day long in the bright sunlight ain't my idea of horror and suspense.

Some rumor stuff: Resident Evil 6 at TGS, EA working on PS3 exclusive FPS

Since when has EA grown the balls to do a PS3 exclusive? I gotta say I like that publisher more and more..

I assume Sony got tired of Acti's (and Bethesda's) and Microsoft's "special relationship" and made it financially worth their while.

That said, I don't believe it.

Edited by Nepenthe

The Devil May Cry rumor has been floating for a while, there's a new Umbrella website that could support Resident Evil 6, not sure on the PS3 FPS from EA, I don't really believe the other rumors listed on there (an Enslaved sequel? did it sell well at all? then again, I guess everything is possible, but hasn't Ninja Theory their hands full on DmC?).

The Devil May Cry rumor has been floating for a while, there's a new Umbrella website that could support Resident Evil 6, not sure on the PS3 FPS from EA, I don't really believe the other rumors listed on there (an Enslaved sequel? did it sell well at all? then again, I guess everything is possible, but hasn't Ninja Theory their hands full on DmC?).

A Mass Effect branch off game which is basically a shooter for the PS3?

Naaaaww...though that would be a supreme way to strike back at MS with one of the few brands that started as an MS only game (ME1).

i have a feeling resident evil 6 is going to be a big step away from the roots of the series, even more of an action game than part 5 was.

i will be disappoint.

my favorite RE games (any not listed here means i didnt play them)

code veronica

so my taste is kinda all over the map on the series. i just dont want it to become even more action oriented. something halfway between the gameplay of 4 and the vibe of code veronica would be perfect imo.

dont care about devil may cry anymore, i only liked the first one. exclusives from a major publisher seem really dumb to me. a game from atlus or something i understand (even support), but the major publishers? seems like a poor decision.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't think it's just a rumor... after all they did have character concepts for the rebuilt DMC.

I don't know about the FPS though... It seems like the only major GOOD FPS games on the two major systems have been from the systems parent companies (directly or indirectly) that were exclusive.

I was hunting for any info on the man known as Kojima's projects and found this

"He is also currently working on Sdatcher, a radio drama set in the world of Snatcher, working alongside Suda 51 and Akira Yamaoka."

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.