What you did today

Tale

Do you own an RV or rent?

I own it, a 26 foot class C (the ones with the cab over the top.) We've had it for 3 years and it is simply the coolest thing we own. It makes life so much easier on trips, and it lets us go on great adventures for an inexpensive rate.

We arrived in Bend, Oregon today. We ended up at a place called McMenamin's School for dinner, and I tried 6 different beers with their sampler platter. It was great. We are hanging out here for the week, so we rented a car to get around easier.

Turning into one of those mornings where every time I sit down to get some work done I'm dealing with interuptions of one sort or another that make me get up to deal with. :yucky:

Literally, I sit down at my chair.. have a couple of minutes to start to focus.. and then boom. Doorbells, phone calls, puppy trying to kill the cat, mechanic for my sisters car, family interuptions, needed help.... It's taken me about an hour to drink my cup of tea between it all..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Turning into one of those mornings where every time I sit down to get some work done I'm dealing with interuptions of one sort or another that make me get up to deal with. :yucky:

Literally, I sit down at my chair.. have a couple of minutes to start to focus.. and then boom. Doorbells, phone calls, puppy trying to kill the cat, mechanic for my sisters car, family interuptions, needed help.... It's taken me about an hour to drink my cup of tea between it all..

Same here, I've only just now been able to wipe the sweat from my brow.

1) Worked out that I among the groups of people in my phone there are twe in particular. One is work people, and th eother is people I am to avoid, exes and so forth. The number of people in both groups equalised for the first time last week. :dancing:

2) Admitted that I am depressed and fixated on death. the clues were subtle. The thinking about death, the seeing death, the talking about death. Note sure how to get out of the habit. I may need to dial down the intellectual honesty a couple of notches.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

2) Admitted that I am depressed and fixated on death. the clues were subtle. The thinking about death, the seeing death, the talking about death. Note sure how to get out of the habit. I may need to dial down the intellectual honesty a couple of notches.

Death is the servant of the righteous.

Also, randomly quoting 40k at work does make people think I'm koo-koo :dancing: Trying to get focused again, been rather aimless for the last couple of months. Not really suceeding but ah well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Death is the servant of the righteous.

Also, randomly quoting 40k at work does make people think I'm koo-koo :dancing: Trying to get focused again, been rather aimless for the last couple of months. Not really suceeding but ah well.

:p:lol: Answer is easy: "It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself".

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today was my second day at my new job in the deep south of Sweden. Im doing 3D for advertising and visualisation. Got off early this afternoon when the electrical central blew up and left the whole building black. Had icecream.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I need to seriously kick myself in the arse today.

The mornings constant interruptions messed up my mental rythm and left me wandering in circles, then the weather turned heavy, oppressive and sappingly muggy..which led to procrastination and just minor pokes rather then focused problem-solving.

Thus I have been crappily productive when i should know better.

Sacked work today. Went out and lay in the sun for a while. Tidied up some odds and ends.

-Elwood Blues

Today was my second day at my new job in the deep south of Sweden. Im doing 3D for advertising and visualisation. Got off early this afternoon when the electrical central blew up and left the whole building black. Had icecream.

Glad you finally got a job dude, hope you're enjoying it :thumbsup:

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Glad you finally got a job dude, hope you're enjoying it :)

Hey, sounds like one of my first "regular" jobs (as in 60-70 hour work weeks, paid no less), doing pretty similar stuff, except the computer were bigger, despite being called "mini computer", and slower. That was like 25 years ago. Keep it up and you'll end up like me, Kaftan :grin:

Took two weeks off from work. My first real break (as in more than 4 days off) in a year and a half. Procrastinated a bit the first few days. Then finally picked up painting both my Warhammer and WH40K armies, giving the garden a bit of love and care (and uncontrolled chemical warfare against the weeds) and lastly but not least, going up against the mighty Aussie bureaucracy in the battle to get the license plates and registration on my motorcycle changed from the previous state to the current state. I swear, it's easier to move to a different country than from one Aussie state to another :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So, some attorney wanted me to do his work for him for free on the phone. Because, y'know, I've been doing this grad student **** for four years (and that's just the part AFTER master's) just so that I could give some ****er who's charging his client company more per hour than I make in a month all I know for nought. I'm pretty sure nobody outside of Finland would think of even trying this. Next time, I'm gonna pull an Edgar Schein on them, and go with "I'm available for lunch on Friday, and my hourly rate is x". ****! :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So, some attorney wanted me to do his work for him for free on the phone. Because, y'know, I've been doing this grad student **** for four years (and that's just the part AFTER master's) just so that I could give some ****er who's charging his client company more per hour than I make in a month all I know for nought. I'm pretty sure nobody outside of Finland would think of even trying this. Next time, I'm gonna pull an Edgar Schein on them, and go with "I'm available for lunch on Friday, and my hourly rate is x". ****! :ermm:

My advice: when you want to charge someone but are chickening out, go hungry for about a day first. You get hungry, you stop letting people take the piss.

-Elwood Blues

Found this from a WH40k Codex - "This is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope. If you want to take part in the adventure, then prepare yourself now.". Will tell my manager to say this to new employees :ermm:

Other than that, an insignificant day of work, will hit up the bookstore today (and avoid all the folks sitting on the damned floor)

Also our clients are dudebros or something. Mail comes in with "ok bro..." and "causing us huge internal drama's"

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wasn't doing too badly today, and then out of nowhere I've had one stab-heavy headache kick in on my frontal lobe.

Nibbling a real lancashire eccles cake for some of that added sugar and taking some paracetamol with a fresh cup of tea to see if that chases it all away.

So, some attorney wanted me to do his work for him for free on the phone. Because, y'know, I've been doing this grad student **** for four years (and that's just the part AFTER master's) just so that I could give some ****er who's charging his client company more per hour than I make in a month all I know for nought. I'm pretty sure nobody outside of Finland would think of even trying this. Next time, I'm gonna pull an Edgar Schein on them, and go with "I'm available for lunch on Friday, and my hourly rate is x". ****! :p

My advice: when you want to charge someone but are chickening out, go hungry for about a day first. You get hungry, you stop letting people take the piss.

My dear Walsingham, it wasn't a question of me chickening out, it was a question of this chap assuming that he had a right to get my advice for nought, since I work at a university (or, THE university, in this case. Sorry if you are in one of the other establishments). I just simply didn't make it abundantly clear to him from the outset that I would normally agree to work as a contractor, but since he was asking for my unpublished results, I only could agree only if (just) my name was on the memo.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Object Modeling; finished my first object, now I got my whiskey glass and a cheery working disposition. Ready to tackle the rest, huzzah!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

.. And my mother managed to stab herself in the foot when she dropped a steak knife. The joys of going from dinner to dealing first aid and cleaning up blood.

I broke my mouse on my work PC today. I think the stress is getting to me. I have no girlfriend at the moment so sex is out, I haven't had a drink in weeks, and with the hours I've been working (146 in the last 13 days) I have not had time to do any kind of workout lately. Something has got to give!

:p

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thats why I never recommend quitting drinking. :p

Well, I've demonstrated my self control by laying off for a while. I may have to demonstrate my wisdom by having one or two tonight. I don't have any booze in the house so I'll probably just stop my the VFW on the way home. Of course the downside of the VFW is there are no women there. But it is just 10 min from my house.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Had fun drama, some lady slapped her kid on the bus, nosy people decided to yell at her and threaten to call the cops. Now for a fun night of laundry, shoe polishing and C#.

Nosy people indeed Malcador. I didn't see the slap, so it is hard to judge, but I had a friend who is an extremely good parent get reported to CPS for swatting their child in public. I do my best not to spank my daughter, but there are times where I feel I have little choice in order to show her I mean business.