What you did today

Tale

Finally watched all the Slayers episodes available on streaming Netflix. The movies are not available so haven't seen any of those. Wish I could read the books, but the few English translations available seem to be pretty expensive (rare/out of print now perhaps?) so not likely to happen. :huh:

No game playing at all in a while...just not in the mood. Spending more time on other hobbies. And naps. Between worsening allergies & ever-increasing doses of allergy meds I'm starting to feel almost narcoleptic, harhar.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One of those quiet evenings where it seemed everyone was busy. So since the sky was totally clear.. I built a small fire in the garden, and stretched out on a garden recliner with a cigar in one hand and a glass of port in the other, listening to Gregorian on my ipod and watching the stars slowly cover the night sky.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Was at a party with the most stuck-up bunch of nurses I've ever met. Left early, but had a good Montecristo before with some Bushmills, so wasn't an utter loss.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ok so give me a chance to explain.

There are four images. Some are quite large others include 800x600 and 1024x

I am not finished. I sort of burned out before I began doing the digital copy of the truck.

First Image: Drawing with Pen IRL

http://i.imgur.com/vvUHz.jpg

Second Image: One part, with color

http://i.imgur.com/oyvQM.png

Third Image: First image redrawn in GIMP, some differences ofcourse.

http://i.imgur.com/EQR2T.png

Final Image: Didn't finish it yet, but you get to see a little bit of color and extra detail.

http://i.imgur.com/QwnWf.png

Nothing is really final, but I expect to have to redo this a lot.

Some of the concepts I hope to work in, is having a fellow modder MrLexx drawn inside the stealth fighter you see on the roof.

And probably my main inspiration, is the idea of having death claws climbing a ladder and doing the monkey bars below that dome part you see.

I also will be making the nuka-cola-esque truck, have an adderal medicine bottle for luggage.

Images

vvUHz.jpg

oyvQM.png

EQR2T.png

QwnWf.png

redacted

Slept for 13 hours! Feel about five years younger! Huge breakfast and coffee. Slouching about the house, tidying dribs and drabs.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to Prague last week.

Surely a beautiful city, but all in all it was a bit of a disappointment compared to my previous trip to Barcelona. The facades were nice at first, but after a while they did get a bit boring. I don't think I'll find a city soon that equals the pure awesomeness that is Barcelona. There was just so much more to do there other than enjoying the scenery. I'm a bit of a museum freak, and Prague didn't have too many, at least besides religious places which I prefer to avoid (especially Catholic ones).

Feel free to share your (preferably European) favorite cities.

Edit: I think I'll make another thread for this.

Edited by Pope

grr.. My graphics card could quite possibly be starting to frag out.

I've been getting a fun amount of "display driver stopped working" and "nvlddmkm.sys" errors lately.. and now it's started doing the blue screen of death due to funky graphics issues. :banghead:

Cut the grass, trimmed the trees, cut the bushes, cleared the branches and debris from the stream and fixed the roof on the gazebo. Now I'm going to play Empire TW. Wals post the other day reminded me that I have yet to win as the Russians.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Cut the grass, trimmed the trees, cut the bushes, cleared the branches and debris from the stream and fixed the roof on the gazebo. Now I'm going to play Empire TW. Wals post the other day reminded me that I have yet to win as the Russians.

Try the Turks. They're hilarious!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rahr! Tuesday to Sunday - Research gathered; 37 pages of notes created, then turned into 30 pages of legible report and 2 pages of sources.

.. Of course, that's just the first stage of the project. But I'm knocking it on the head for tonight.

What's kind of funny is that while I'm confident its readable and conveys the information, there's still that small part of my mind whispering in the background that I've screwed up something, that I could have done it better and that I'm faking competency after all these years...

Still, I'm ignoring that and doing the snoopy happy dance for the moment. :-

Edited by Raithe

So like, last summer I bought StarCraft II because I had nothing else to play and because a few of my friends were going to buy it as well. Flash forward 1 year and I am completely engrossed in the game/pro scene. I really thought "pro gaming" was a joke until I started to watch a bit of it. The FPS pros are all 15 year olds so that's kinda lame, plus they don't have too much skill as most of what I've seen is just a camp-fest...But the pro SC games are pretty incredible. Having played the game for a year now I can't imagine how much work these guys have put in to be this good. MLG Anaheim is going on this weekend so I've been watching the live stream of that.

mlgpro.com is where they're streaming it, but be warned.. I imagine it's extremely boring to watch if you aren't really into it.

Our first day of our summer RV trip went pretty well. We took about 7 hours to get to Yreka, CA. That is right next to the Oregon border, and we will head out early tomorrow to reach Bend. The park is nice, it is out in a great forested hillside. We've had thunderstorms rolling through for the last couple hours.

Rahr! Tuesday to Sunday - Research gathered; 37 pages of notes created, then turned into 30 pages of legible report and 2 pages of sources.

.. Of course, that's just the first stage of the project. But I'm knocking it on the head for tonight.

What's kind of funny is that while I'm confident its readable and conveys the information, there's still that small part of my mind whispering in the background that I've screwed up something, that I could have done it better and that I'm faking competency after all these years...

It could be related to my particular research subject, but it's almost inevitable that you'll screw up something. It's also unlikely that anyone else will notice... :D

Got into intellectual discussion last night about the merits of living for the moment. Thereby argued myself into consuming vast quantities of booze. Struggling a little with work today, but am focussing on all the ass kickings I need to do this week. I find being hungover actually helps.

-Elwood Blues

Found a video of what happens when power rangers get frustrated at each other

And for the record, that's also Vash the Stampede/Ichigo Kurosaki/Nero of DMC4 fighting Virgil from DMC3 (the both did the Mocap for their characters too)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Been feeling a bit under the weather. Slept for hours during the day yesterday and today. Also stressing with my stomach. I wish I could rewind 5 years, never start grad school, never meet Her. :lol:

-Elwood Blues