The Codex

kwabhsmall.jpg

What an odd image. He's working for the European Union, but he looks vaguely Asian. He's wearing a combat helmet when it's obviously performing a desk job. Most interestingly, he's wearing a monocle. Why is that? That actually strikes me as more British than anything.

catsuit.jpg

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

and what's that thing on his left shoulder? I remember seeing it on the Codex as a smiley

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

What an odd image. He's working for the European Union, but he looks vaguely Asian. He's wearing a combat helmet when it's obviously performing a desk job. Most interestingly, he's wearing a monocle. Why is that? That actually strikes me as more British than anything.

[image Walsingham.jpg removed]

True, true.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

and what's that thing on his left shoulder? I remember seeing it on the Codex as a smiley

It's one the pics MCA did when he did codex interview.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

General discussion is a bit offensive, true. But the vast majority of racists and weirdos are mostly being offensive for the sake of it. Very few people actually are real nazis or whatever else you think they are.

I thought the rest of what you wrote was great and insightful, but I call bullocks on this. "I'm not really a racist, I just play one on the internet" is a pretty sad explanation.

Yeah, General Discussion's pretty much Stormfront lite. No idea why, or why so many people sign up to an RPG website to post three times in RPG Discussion then spend the next four years in GD hysterically wailing about the gay agenda. The admins attempted to crack down on it at one point (see the old "dear Nazi ****s" thread), but they've all pretty much given up. The moderators tend to do a good job of preventing it from bleeding into the other sections, the odd "how do black people play RPGs when they can't read?" thread gets expunged quickly enough. It's best just to ignore it.

Edited by Admiral jimbob

"I thought the rest of what you wrote was great and insightful, but I call bullocks on this. "I'm not really a racist, I just play one on the internet" is a pretty sad explanation. "

You really take that nonsense seriously? The number of real racists on the Codex is probably limited to one hand. Seriously, don'tt ake it so seriously. It's not Stormfront.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I thought the rest of what you wrote was great and insightful, but I call bullocks on this. "I'm not really a racist, I just play one on the internet" is a pretty sad explanation. "

You really take that nonsense seriously? The number of real racists on the Codex is probably limited to one hand. Seriously, don'tt ake it so seriously. It's not Stormfront.

What you are suffering from is called Stockholm Syndrome. I really encourage you to seek out therapy.

I tend to always take racism seriously, but I don't actually frequent the Codex, so don't worry too much about me.

"What you are suffering from is called Stockholm Syndrome. I really encourage you to seek out therapy."

You are ignorant as per usual. You dont' even know what stockhome syndrom is. SS can only occur mongst prisoners/kidnapped freaks.. I cna leave Codex whenever I want and therefore cannot be victim to SS. Are you that dense?

:):x:x

I dunno, codex GD has pretty much convinced me that behind every vocal nazi on the internet there's a tender, repressed and misunderstood soul who just needs to find the right man/ woman to let their real self show.

Of course, if they fail to find that right person, they are liable to "go Oslo".

Message boards are serious business, boy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Almost every bigoted person I've met has told me they're not racist/homophobic/sexist/whatever at some point. My grandmother used to go on about how the Jews killed Jesus, were destined to burn in hell, and were manipulating the US economy for (nefarious) Jewish reasons. When I pointed out that she sounded awfully anti-Semitic? Noooo, not her. She loved all of God's children. Halleluiah and pass the cornbread.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What's the connection you trying to make, Mariah, that everybody whoc alims to be non bigoted is actually bigoted so the easiest way to prove one's not a big is to claim they are a bigot? Does. not. compute.

It's really a childish way to look at things. ie. 'you smelled it you don't it' or 'you deny it therefore it must be true' or 'why protest too much'.

L A M E

I dunno, codex GD has pretty much convinced me that behind every vocal nazi on the internet there's a tender, repressed and misunderstood soul who just needs to find the right man/ woman to let their real self show.

On the Codex, it's less likely to be man/woman than man-woman.

What's the connection you trying to make, Mariah, that everybody whoc alims to be non bigoted is actually bigoted so the easiest way to prove one's not a big is to claim they are a bigot? Does. not. compute.

Boy you got me, Volo.

I didn't think my grandmother was bigoted because she talked about how evil Jews were. I thought my grandmother was bigoted simply because she said she wasn't.

Boy you got me, Volo.

I didn't think my grandmother was bigoted because she talked about how evil Jews were. I thought my grandmother was bigoted simply because she said she wasn't.

Isn't that a "hypocrit"? :(

The powers that be knows I'm a bigot. I only deny it in cases where I'm unaware of my bigotry, not because I don't want to acknowledge my bigotry :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Boy you got me, Volo.

Isn't that a "hypocrit"? ;)

The powers that be knows I'm a bigot. I only deny it in cases where I'm unaware of my bigotry, not because I don't want to acknowledge my bigotry :)

"hypocrite"... I think hypocrit is mmo slang for a max 2x critical.

That was a joke. :p

It's not bad if you hate everyone equally.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 months later...

You can't get a positive from a negative. But you can think you can. I don't believe it would matter either way to you. To me, you never wanted a serious relationship. Are you a female? Pretty Princess?

redacted

Simply put, the codex is long past having any kind of significant relevancy to the total ignorance of that fact of most of the posters there. When the admin (and I use that term loosely my dealings with him he was a self important jack arse) tosses in the towel as he did it pretty much speaks volumes of the site. Another year or two and the place will be nothing but trolls and people living in the past talking about being 'old school' hating any game made after 2000... oh the racist, neonazi and spam posts.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Simply put, the codex is long past having any kind of significant relevancy to the total ignorance of that fact of most of the posters there.

Who are these "most of the posters" having total ignorance? Many of our regular posters love and enjoy cRPG games and mechanics and discuss them in great detail.

When the admin (and I use that term loosely my dealings with him he was a self important jack arse) tosses in the towel as he did it pretty much speaks volumes of the site.

VD left for his own reasons, and then DarkUnderlord took the site over. VD has no Admin capacity on the site now.

Another year or two and the place will be nothing but trolls and people living in the past talking about being 'old school' hating any game made after 2000...

Well if you continue to love the current crop of craptasitc "Yet another action game with little or no cRPG mechanics labeled as a RPG #64573" that Publishers continue to churn out, I guess enjoy your game. The Codex only wishes Publishers would take a look at some of the classic cRPG mechanics and allow a Developer to make a game with them. Similar to what Obsidian did with Fallout: New Vegas....

oh the racist, neonazi and spam posts.

As one of the sites forum moderators, I'm not sure what you are implying with this statement. Do we on occasion get "racist, neonazi and spam" posts? Certainly. With our Open Registration policy, that's always bound to happen, though most of that behavior usually stays within the spam forum.

Simply put, the codex is long past having any kind of significant relevancy to the total ignorance of that fact of most of the posters there.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one who thinks a internet message board could have sort of "significant relevancy".

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.