Music

Gorth

I'm not familiar with Bruce Haack but this is ****ing awesome.

Here's his badly-in-need-of-paragraph-breaks wikipedia pageThe Electric Lucifer was one of the very early electronic albums.  A friend of mine loaned me a copy a couple of weeks ago, and it is thoroughly enjoyable.

Here's the first track, which I almost posted instead of that one:

After hearing that, I was somewhat disappointed that the rest of the album had actual human vocals.  When that vocoder (which was custom made by Haack) starts scatting, I just lose it. 

Edited by Enoch

Listening to "The Mournweald" from Dungeon Siege 3. :p Still one of my fave pieces.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't care for the song but I like the video

Note: language (even in the title, sorry) and a lot of violence

Came for the boobs. Stayed for the violence.

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So I just watched (most of) PSY's new single Gentleman. I suppose the song is ok for what it is (not really my thing), but I'm sitting here wondering why his black pants have the crotch seam down at mid-thigh. It's not that he needs to "pull up his pants", and they're not true "balloon" pants. They just look redonkulous. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

<link removed>

I don't care for the song but I like the video

Note: language (even in the title, sorry) and a lot of violence

First thing I saw when I entered the classroom today was everyone huddled in front of a computer screen watching this video. Edited by Gorth
Quote edited
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've had this stuck in my head for the last three days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rb13ksYO0s

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've had this stuck in my head for the last three days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rb13ksYO0s

ALL Toots and the Maytals songs do that. :)

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wish I could like Clutch more, that mix of blues and hard rock is great but for some reason their composition never seems to quite grasp me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I wish I could like Clutch more, that mix of blues and hard rock is great but for some reason their composition never seems to quite grasp me.

Their music is often too ''tuneless'' for me, though I like Regulator a lot.

This thread needs more ambient industrial music:+

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfQcpa5LXX4

Hopefully, it's okay to post my own videos if I really am listening to them. :p

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.