Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

:lol: gotta love their commitment to this style of marketing, wonder if they are getting the point across.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Impressive. Most impressive.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The required drug angle is new (as far as I know). Wonder how much of that video will turn out to be a Purity First lie and how much of it will be accurate, but hidden from the perspective of a Sarif employee like Jensen.

Or maybe the "drug" is just what they use to replace power cells.

The drug is well known (in game I mean).

As the video says, it's needed so people's bodies don't reject augs.

No idea on addictiveness.

There's at least one quest chain related to the drug btw.

Edited by Oner

The required drug angle is new (as far as I know). Wonder how much of that video will turn out to be a Purity First lie and how much of it will be accurate, but hidden from the perspective of a Sarif employee like Jensen.

Or maybe the "drug" is just what they use to replace power cells.

It's well known in game, and has been something floating around for the fans to hear for awhile.

It's basically suped up version of anti-rejection meds similar to organ transplants today...

-- Edit: And as I recall, the scientist ex-gf has some breaththrough in regards to the need for that med and is all set to make an announcement right before the attack happens.. So I do expect a chunk of conspiracy storyline to be about that.... ----

However, it seems they're pushing the advertising in a logical manner. First they showed the "in-world" advertisements and suchlike from the pro-aug viewpoints.. now they're starting to do it from the anti-aug, conspiracy viewpoint.. And didn't that trailer have some mention that they'll be hacking the Sarif website? So I'm half-expecting something to show up there in the near future...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And didn't that trailer have some mention that they'll be hacking the Sarif website? So I'm half-expecting something to show up there in the near future...

I'm checking the sarifindustries.com and occasionally something is popping up in the top right. Is it new? Talks about "security breach detected."

New DX trailer

This is like one of the best trailers I've ever seen?

Nice to see somebody makes games that isn't about saving princesses from dragons or some teens with identity issues turning into super heroes.

Gotta applaud Eidos Montreal.

:lol:

Square have just gone mad with the marketing of this game, they must feel like they're on a money maker.

HR is looking more and more like the next successful franchise resuscitation after Fallout. That's some mad money in that trailer.

Looking forward to Deus Ex: Robodog Revolution by Obsidian.

Edited by Purkake

HR is looking more and more like the next successful franchise resuscitation after Fallout. That's some mad money in that trailer.

Looking forward to Deus Ex: Robodog Revolution by Obsidian.

Seems like it, and they have a 10 year plan for DX games. Kinda sad, was hoping it'd fail, then they'd stop reviving dead series.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was a faint hope :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And yup. the Sarif Industries website is now "Hacked" with assorted graffiti and political slogans, plus a new set of files to find in the hacking minigame.

It's well known in game, and has been something floating around for the fans to hear for awhile.

It's basically suped up version of anti-rejection meds similar to organ transplants today...

-- Edit: And as I recall, the scientist ex-gf has some breaththrough in regards to the need for that med and is all set to make an announcement right before the attack happens.. So I do expect a chunk of conspiracy storyline to be about that.... ----

However, it seems they're pushing the advertising in a logical manner. First they showed the "in-world" advertisements and suchlike from the pro-aug viewpoints.. now they're starting to do it from the anti-aug, conspiracy viewpoint.. And didn't that trailer have some mention that they'll be hacking the Sarif website? So I'm half-expecting something to show up there in the near future...

The big breakthrough seems to be a certain Patient X who seems to accept implants without glial buildup or any rejection symptoms. Although from my insight the game plot its probably going to be closer to the "Icarus Effect" plus

The girlfriend is most likely alive and working for the Illuminati, notice on the game trailer that Barrett is carrying someone. Possibly to switch with Dr. Reed. Oh and Jensen is most likely to be the patient X

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The girlfriend is most likely alive and working for the Illuminati, notice on the game trailer that Barrett is carrying someone. Possibly to switch with Dr. Reed. Oh and Jensen is most likely to be the patient X

Well given his recovery times, and how people are amazed he's back in action so quickly compared to other post-augment surgery types.. That's pretty much a given. That or he's unknowingly a test subject for some of the girlfriends work...

That's one of the litte things they've worked into how people react to you, apparently Jensen can soothe ruffled feathers or put peoples backs up from the beginning by how he handles them talking about how quickly he's back and whether he's competent to handle the work... Not sure how much effect it would have later in the game once you've left Detroit, but it's a nice little background thing I would say.