Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

For those with an interest...

DEHR ComicCon Panel

Edit: They basically have their key "science advisor" there talking a lot about current augmentations and where the science is going and how they worked that into the game.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It really is a Deus Ex game now! Looks like they've tried at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's not a Deux Ex game until we have confirmation that the plot consists of 7 ridiculous conspiracy theories nestled inside of one another, inception style.
This is a sequel bro. It has to be at least 10.

I stand corrected.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's not a Deux Ex game until we have confirmation that the plot consists of 7 ridiculous conspiracy theories nestled inside of one another, inception style.

Are you suggesting that all technological advances after the 1950s aren't from reverse engineered alien technology and the Illuminati isn't controlling the world's economy?

/thinks Perkake is one of them.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

To be honest I really will be irked if the game doesn't contain a ton of real world conspiracy theories, that's one thing that really drew me into the first game, they treated their source material very respectfully, regardless of how over the top some of it is.

To be honest I really will be irked if the game doesn't contain a ton of real world conspiracy theories, that's one thing that really drew me into the first game, they treated their source material very respectfully, regardless of how over the top some of it is.

The trailers already talk about "corporations have more power than the government." Which, true or not, is the most discussed real world conspiracy there is.

I'd be content if they stuck with just that, without tossing Freemasons into it or going back to Illuminati. Yeah, the Illuminati will surely be in the game somewhere, just because it's part of the setting, but I'm kind of hoping they don't focus on the fact that the corporations in power are the Illuminati.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Are you suggesting that all technological advances after the 1950s aren't from reverse engineered alien technology and the Illuminati isn't controlling the world's economy?

/thinks Perkake is one of them.

Trust no one.

The all-seeing eye is watching

Is it really a conspiracy that many multinationals will do anything to make a buck. If you look at strip mining in South America, continued trade in aspestos, dumping industrial waste... It seems more like old news.

Groups of people working in concert to nefarious ends? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Trust no one.

That was such a great tool for gaming back in the day.

I wonder how they'll link up to the original, maybe you'll come across Simmons, Page, etc. ?

I'd be content if they stuck with just that, without tossing Freemasons into it or going back to Illuminati. Yeah, the Illuminati will surely be in the game somewhere, just because it's part of the setting, but I'm kind of hoping they don't focus on the fact that the corporations in power are the Illuminati.

They've already shown the teaser clip from the intro where a young Bob Page is talking about mysterious plans.. and yup, they got the same guy doing the voicework...

Edit: And from Mary's "um.. no comment" to the question of whether Jensen is related in anyway to the Dentons... I'm guessing there's going to be some form of connection, especially if Jensen does turn out to be that Patient X ...

Edited by Raithe

I can't help but chuckle at that.

'Adam Jensen' is a quintesentially Danish sounding name, but it just has none of the swagger and cool factor it gets when you say it with a heavy English or American accent. To a Dane, it's sensible shoes, two kids and a Volvo.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Trust no one.

That was such a great tool for gaming back in the day.

I wonder how they'll link up to the original, maybe you'll come across Simmons, Page, etc. ?

Anna Nevarre will be Jensen's illegitimate daughter

Yes, I am making that up.

Anna Nevarre will be Jensen's illegitimate daughter

Yes, I am making that up.

Damn, that'd be a golden opportunity for a "....I never wanted this."

I can't help but chuckle at that.

'Adam Jensen' is a quintesentially Danish sounding name, but it just has none of the swagger and cool factor it gets when you say it with a heavy English or American accent. To a Dane, it's sensible shoes, two kids and a Volvo.

:lol:

They've already shown the teaser clip from the intro where a young Bob Page is talking about mysterious plans.. and yup, they got the same guy doing the voicework...

Edit: And from Mary's "um.. no comment" to the question of whether Jensen is related in anyway to the Dentons... I'm guessing there's going to be some form of connection, especially if Jensen does turn out to be that Patient X ...

Maybe Adam will be the clone donor for JC?

I have little idea about why so many western sub culture fictions related with conspiracy theory...even Assassin's Creed seems to be related with it, too, while I wanted to see some historical/economic aspects of the age of Crusaders... I think Deus Ex did ideological conflict part did rather well, though. One of the possible endings , for example, feels to have a touch of the concept of philosopher king mixed with Christian mythology,

where JC plays as a medium of God-like computer network and humanity

. Quite many western cyberpunk works seem to be influenced by Christian mythologies, which makes the existence of Japanese works such as Ghost in the Shell interesting, where the focus is more on the human identity in information society (I personally find most of anime works are plain dismissible but there are some exceptions, indeed).

Maybe Adam will be the clone donor for JC?
Well, his name is Adam, at least. Also, 2027 would be appropriate if Paul were JC's natural brother and a few year senior of him, however, due to the experimental nature of their existences and conspiracies behind their origins, I wonder if the date can be a good indicator.

And now.. Deus Ex has gone Gold.

So now just a few more weeks to waill till we get our grubby little hands on it.

Well, for some, probably sooner ;) . I'm guessing it'll be out 4 days before release.