What you did today?

Tale

Thought about pre-ordering the Star Wars MMO but 150 bucks for the collectors edition is a bit much.

In other news been swamped at work lately because we got a new boss and a big new project and two guys left for greener pastures. I've been tempted to leave as well but even though I've had a few offers I haven't had the right offer and I would feel bad about leaving in the middle of such a big project.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Thought about pre-ordering the Star Wars MMO but 150 bucks for the collectors edition is a bit much.

Yeah, i agree on that. I'm happy to shell out the money for the standard version and see what that first month is like.. but that much money for whats basically a figurine , a map, and a metal box.. (okay, and a few in-game tweaky items) seems rather on the silly side.

Hm, it's kinda interesting how shuttle-run type running takes it out of you a lot quicker then running the same distance straight..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, the heat is not fun. In the elevator with some suit that was soaked through his shirt, sheesh. Everyone's stinking today it seems, either that or just Toronto's general odour is stronger. Streetcar ride should be fun too, get to ride with sweaty homeless dudes, hipsters and scowling women, hah. Can't wait for winter, though, cold is easier to defeat than oppressive heat.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, the heat is not fun. In the elevator with some suit that was soaked through his shirt, sheesh. Everyone's stinking today it seems, either that or just Toronto's general odour is stronger. Streetcar ride should be fun too, get to ride with sweaty homeless dudes, hipsters and scowling women, hah. Can't wait for winter, though, cold is easier to defeat than oppressive heat.

Hat + icecubes = instawin.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm engaged in a contest of wills with a Pineapple.

Maybe I should have researched first (like, before buying it) how you actually eat those things. It's currently sitting on my kitchen table, taking up a defensive position, with its thick scaly skin and strutting its spiky bits :)

I think I'll find the biggest, sharpest knife I have and do the "Psycho" thing. That'll teach it!

Next time, I'll buy it in a tin can.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

the trick with a pineapple is twofold:

1) grasping it by the topknot, carve off the very outer portion of skin. Do not attempt to remove all the skin, i.e. those bits which are recessed

2)Still grasping it by the topknot, cut diagonal trenches from dent to dent.

If you do this it's quick, clean, and looks rather nice.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Working from home today. I ran a little too much yesterday and my ankle and I had a disagreement over just how far he would be willing to carry me before he gave out.

Note to self: Self (because that's what I call myself) stick to 2 miles or less

Free games updated 3/4/21

A testament to smelly Torontonians, lady in the office across the hall tells me I'm the nicest smelling man she's encountered all day. Probably should have handled that better than a "wha..huh? err.." . Today I battle insane bugs, have discovered that caffeine and anger works well with Juno Reactor for my productivity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, been looking at the (apparent) major car bomb in central Oslo. Kind of glad it's not work for me, this time.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Not to ignore the bombing incident, but I've had a nice lift for the day.

Just got the phone call that told me that that report I did the other month had gone through the external examiners to everyone's satisfaction, and I've now got a job.

Well, have a final "interview" of sorts to go through where I get to see how it was graded, find the flaws and figure out exactly what I'll be doing.. but still. Rahr!

Now a glass of port to celebrate.

Hm, I might even break out a cigar.. :p

It's a cool 100 degrees here in New Jersey today. Slowly learning that business casual and the heat are not good together. Off of work at 5 then the weekend. Sophisticated, well dressed young adult by weekday, drunken college teen by weekend! I feel like I'm living a double life.

Just got the phone call that told me that that report I did the other month had gone through the external examiners to everyone's satisfaction, and I've now got a job.

Well, have a final "interview" of sorts to go through where I get to see how it was graded, find the flaws and figure out exactly what I'll be doing.. but still. Rahr!

Now a glass of port to celebrate.

Hm, I might even break out a cigar.. :rolleyes:

Congrats, a good moment for a cigar if there ever was one. I've roadmapped the final part of my dissertation so that I'm going to finish the day before deus ex hr, come hell or high water. >_<

Slice it with a sharp knife and then cut off the "skin".

Yeah, flay it alive!

the trick with a pineapple is twofold:

1) grasping it by the topknot, carve off the very outer portion of skin. Do not attempt to remove all the skin, i.e. those bits which are recessed

2)Still grasping it by the topknot, cut diagonal trenches from dent to dent.

If you do this it's quick, clean, and looks rather nice.

There can be only one!

After a brief vicious fight, the alpha predator emerged victorious, knife in hand, covered in pineapple blood, letting out a victorious howl that send a shiver through the cringing masses...

Cut it's topknot off and then skinned it. All that sweet, yummy pineapple meat is all mine :sorcerer:

Ok, so I only cut part of it off, the thing being too big to eat in one day. Wrapped up the remains and put it in the fridge. In the end, much easier to deal with than my ill fated encounter with the dread mango.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mangos are even easier. Without cutting the skin, simply massage it's flesh until it goes all pulpy. Bite off one end, and suck out the juice.

-Elwood Blues

I find that the pineapple 'topknot' gets in the way. Cut it off, along with the very top of the fruit, and the very bottom (to make it sit flat on your cutting board). Then take off the skin with downward slices, all the way around the fruit. At that point, you just have to deal with the fibrous inner core, and there are a lot of ways to go about that. I usually just quarter the whole thing, and then remove the fibrous part from the inside of each quarter.

Been digging through one of my exam papers. It's due tomorrow (well... tonight) at 5pm via email.

One thing I have found interesting while doing this (and talking about Dudley/Earl of Warwick/Duke of Northumberland) is the Poor Law that was enacted in Britannia in 1550.

Welfare is communist my FOOT! It's friggin monarchist!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Amy Winehouse died. RIP.

Yes, my sympathies go out to her dealer. :lol:

It's kind of interesting how the split is with her death, people are either pushing to make it a grand tragedy and wail at the loss of such a great human being.. or they're taking the stance of its about time, she was such a bad human being, a bad example to kids etc... There seem to be very few people taking a middle ground stance.

Spending a chunk of my time cleaning up my sister's old laptop so my mother can use it. A lot easier for her to perch a laptop on her bed rather then twist to use her pc.

On a side-note, I have to say the whole biometric / webcam identify as part of the login on the Alienware laptop is quite funky.

Yeah, or they don't give a ****, like me. Always sad when young people die, fame doesn't impact my view of it one way or the other, neither do their habits.

And moving on to things I've done today, been working on the dissertation, as have been daily for the past two months. Aggravated as ****, have grudging respect for anyone insane enough to write a 1500 page manifesto.

Edited by Nepenthe