E3 2011

Ahh, the controller window. About time someone revisted it. Dreamcast did it with their memory cards. Nintendo tried it out on the Gamecube with the Gameboy Advance. Nintendo DS sold the concept for non-multiplayer avenues, a seperate screen for info from the play screen.

I hope it becomes standard for all consoles by next generation. But I don't want $150+ controllers out of it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Jaggies are something I never noticed. Just don't look so hard, enjoy the game instead.

I'm the opposite. I think I see jaggies even when there are none. Worst are those CGI scenes and animations from various science TV programs. I always think designers did something wrong on the rendering pileline :ermm:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Some day I should look into this console thingamajig.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Reggie: "I don't like the term tech demo. (...) These are experiences."

No, they're tech demos.

EDIT: I mean, the console has obviously potential, but there's a definite risk of it ended up just like the Wii, with Nintendo doing its own thing alone and very few games selling well. If only they had shown, you know, games maybe I'd be excited.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Boy, Reggie is very.... tight about anything that wasn't in the conference.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

lol, on the stream Reggie is talking to Geoff, and he's pressing about "launch titles" and Reggie refuses to talk about it. And seems to refuse to want to talk tech about it.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, the question is, how many 3rd party exclsuives will there be? Sure there will be plenty ports from 360/PS3 versions, and of course the Nintendo stuff itself, but seriously, until we get decent (if any) 3rd party exclsuives from the likes of Bioware or Crytek, it could already be too late as MS/Sony will launch their next-next-gen hardware.

so, Mass Effect 3 in less than 2 hours?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

so, Mass Effect 3 in less than 2 hours?

Woo, something remotely interesting. And EPIC

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Only Nintendo could come up with **** like this and it'll probably sell like hotcakes again.

Gamecube didn't sell that well. They still made profit but it only sold about 21 million units worldwide during it's lifetime. It lost to Xbox and especially to PS2.

Gamecube was the one with the impressive tech. This looks to be done on the cheap again, though enough time has passed that it can compete with PS3/Xbox 360. Of course, we'll only know when there will be more specifics on the tech and on the games.

ME3 is due in an hour I think, 1 PM PST if I'm not mistaken

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.