E3 2011

Anything notable upcoming ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Has the Rage stuff been shown? I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is shown as id has Quakecon.

No, but if I recall correctly they will show something. They did show something last E3 after all. No reason they can't show something at both, like they did for other Bethesda games.

Has the Rage stuff been shown?

yep. GTTV hosted a demo showcase, 20 or so minutes of gameplay

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

only 8 minutes, oh :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Anyone notice in that gameplay footage of Rage, that those troops were taking an awful amount of shots to go down?

The 'Authority' have some super armor apparently. I've been more impressed with the mutant fights, the way they leap around and dodge while the Authority look more like classic FPS enemies.

Looks more like they wanted to make an Inglorious Basterds game.

I normally don't mind it when devs take new directions, but I find this to be an insult. It is essentially a fantasy about Allied soldiers acting like the Nazis they were fighting.

I think just about everyone kinda said this. Or said "they shouldn't have called it Brothers in Arms!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the Authority look more like classic FPS enemies.

I don't know, these guys use cover, put up shields, don't hesitate to knock your turrets down, flank you. I'd say the AI is pretty impressive judging by the demo

Walsingham said:

And here goes the nintendo briefing.

I'm gonna make a bet that they make some sort of promise of something that's supposed to be awesome and it falls flat on it's face (again).

Looks more like they wanted to make an Inglorious Basterds game.

I normally don't mind it when devs take new directions, but I find this to be an insult. It is essentially a fantasy about Allied soldiers acting like the Nazis they were fighting.

Yes, I have also read the tales of the legendary 23rd S.S. Kettens

Boy, their work with the orchestra is really... light

I more expected them to have more deep tones with their "get an item" and "quest win"

An THERE it is.

Why not just pop up with a list of "These Zelda Titles for these systems for this much at this time!"

It's a press briefing.

Also, "We have a Orchestra here today!"

Gee... I hadn't guessed that!