E3 2011

Man, reminds me of those really bad adverts from the 80's.

All its missing is the voice over.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm very surprised by the price on that PS Vita. To the point where I'm actually thinking of getting one. I don't own a GPS, so if that one comes with the ability to buy maps, I'm on it like Oprah on cake.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

PS Vita is on my to buy list.

Its backwards compatible isn't it?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

If PS Vita is so cheap, I wonder why didn't they make phone version out of it too. Top end smart phones are twice as that much... heck, simple phone functions would have been really cheap to include to the system. I'm not going to carry to 2 devices with me, no matter how awesome PS Vita is.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Can somebody summarise for me any interesting developments in RPGs or other (e.g. Deus Ex, Beyond Good And Evil sort of thing)?

they didn't show BG&E. most of the presented games were shooters. they did show Reckoning, Skyrim and Deus Ex. and Mass Effect 3. and there's also an Eve Online FPS spin-off, that they plan to make a part of Eve Online somehow (it's PS3 exclusive though) - Dust 514

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Couldn't be bothered to stay up for the Sony prez, but it does sure look like I have a cheap year coming up. Oh well, lessee what the next few days bring us.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Gearbox demonstrates how to destroy a franchise.

This is like the complete opposite of Hell's Highway. Boarderlands and Duke were too much of a bad influence.

It'd be fine if it wasn't named Brothers in Arms. :p

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Looks more like they wanted to make an Inglorious Basterds game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I normally don't mind it when devs take new directions, but I find this to be an insult. It is essentially a fantasy about Allied soldiers acting like the Nazis they were fighting.

So, just killing people ? Game looks stupid, but what's 'insulting' ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I normally don't mind it when devs take new directions, but I find this to be an insult. It is essentially a fantasy about Allied soldiers acting like the Nazis they were fighting.

Uhm, what?

How.... exactly do you imagine the Nazis to have acted? I'm pretty sure they weren't retarded psycho clowns as horrible as they were.

Edited by C2B

Uhm, what?

How.... exactly do you imagine the Nazis to have acted? I'm pretty sure they weren't retarded psycho clowns as horrible as they were.

"I normally don't mind it when devs take new directions, but I find this to be an insult. It is essentially a fantasy about Allied soldiers acting like the concentration camp Nazis they were fighting."

So, just killing people ? Game looks stupid, but what's 'insulting' ?

The majority of soldiers acted with compassion. They didn't run around like, well as C2B put it, 'retarded psycho clowns' with chainsaws butchering unarmed soldiers.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Well neither did the Germans. It's a silly concept, but nothing to get in a wringer over.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"I normally don't mind it when devs take new directions, but I find this to be an insult. It is essentially a fantasy about Allied soldiers acting like the concentration camp Nazis they were fighting."

Even the concentration camp nazis. They were horrible and did horrible things. They didn't do random psycho bull**** in general.

(Though I'm pretty sure stuff like this (just not this extrem) happens ,especially in modern wars, anyway.)

Edit: It's insulting. Yes.

Edited by C2B

Claudia Black is overrated, and ugly to begin with.

It's like you know precisely what to say to hurt me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Claudia Black is overrated, and ugly to begin with.

It's like you know precisely what to say to hurt me.

Minus the massive honker on her I find her quite attractive. I just started watching Farscape and I'm enjoying it despite some lame episodes from time to time.

Getting back to E3, this is just... wierd. A Batman game that has nothing to do with Batman, or anyone of note. Gotham City Imposters. Call of Duty meets Batman... what the... :ermm:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat