RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

I can confirm that DNF is pure ****.

What I want to know is how it took 14 years to squeeze it out. It should have one of the longest and most impressive campaigns of all time.

Development time vs quality is on a bell curve, too little time and it's crap, too long and it's been restarted enough to turn it to crap.

The carbon content was off, they're all rusted now -_-

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but

...and people think DNF is bad :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like Daikatana all over again.

Eurogamer, the same company that gushed over gears of war, and gave fable 2 10/10... Yeah they're about as credible as Joystiq with there current "EVERYTHING SUCKS" spree.

F***ing parasites.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Don't believe the reviewers.

DNF is awesome.

Its a first, but I'm with Morgoth on this one.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Sounds like Daikatana all over again.

Eurogamer, the same company that gushed over gears of war, and gave fable 2 10/10... Yeah they're about as credible as Joystiq with there current "EVERYTHING SUCKS" spree.

F***ing parasites.

I sort of agree with you, their Sony headlines have been tabloid quality and their Mass Effect 3 preview looked like it had been authored by someone with a negative agenda (So, Monte, you contributing to Eurogamer in your spare time?). I've still found that in the long run, their reviews are the closest thing to something I can use as a decent guideline.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Looks like ****, but it will end up being a good game nonetheless, because I trust those guys at 2K Marin, they're a talented bunch.

What a strange stance to take :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well it's not about it looking ugly, but that trailer hardly spikes interest. I did like the bit where there's a line of baddies outside covering behind a wall.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Scuttlebutt on Hitman Absolution is that Jesper Kyd and David Bateson aren't involved.

Scuttlebutt on Hitman Absolution is that Jesper Kyd and David Bateson aren't involved.

Hitman without Jesper Kyd is Hitman in name only.

I heard that the opposite is true as well, Jesper Kyd without Hitman is Jesper Kyd in name only. Thankfully that will suffice in most courts of law.

What is Kyd doing now? The music for Blood Money is some of the best music I've ever heard in a videogame. I wanted Piranha Bytes to hire him for Risen 2, but they think he is a bit expensive :D

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What is Kyd doing now? The music for Blood Money is some of the best music I've ever heard in a videogame.

Assassin's Creeds.

Guess I finally found a reason to try one of them. Too bad the negatives are still stacked against this one positive. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hitman without Jesper Kyd is Hitman in name only.

Har har. I liked Kyd's music, just odd to leave him out at this point of the series. Maybe he was too busy. Likewise for Bateson, although he wants to be in it, but they seem uninterested.

Heh, I just looked him up.. I didn't even know he was involved in so many games I've played.

Last I heard he was working with Peter Peter (another Danish artist) and that they were involved with Absolution, but apparently that changed, or is it just rumours?

Fortune favors the bald.