RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

That did more to sell me on the game than anything I've seen so far.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

this reminds me of Ghost in the Shell, where every attractive woman is a cyborg-assassin

this reminds me of the real world, where every attractive woman is a cyborg-assassin

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That did more to sell me on the game than anything I've seen so far.

Hah, yeah me too - that double takedown starting at 00:19 is effin nice.

1:01 is my favorite.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

this reminds me of the real world, where every attractive woman is a cyborg-assassin

where the hell do you live? :huh: I'm moving there

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Graphics are terrible, though. Look at those cars.

This actually gives me hope that they've focused on more important gameplay features.

That's exactly how I feel about it, Deus Ex wasn't exactly cutting edge when it was released.

That video is pure win, I feel twice as good about my pre-order now ;)

This actually gives me hope that they've focused on more important gameplay features.

That's not how game development works. Plus, secondary textures are often done on contract out of studio. This is why some of Heavy Rain's textures look good and some look awful and low-res.

I don't get what's so awesome about that video. Falcon punching, woo. Neat that you can bonk people on the head with stuff though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, true enough, good for some I suppose. Will still give this game a go, just about in Steam sale territory ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Indeed, the graphics doesn't look too great especially after some of "highly anticipated" titles in E3.

That said,

That's not how game development works. Plus, secondary textures are often done on contract out of studio. This is why some of Heavy Rain's textures look good and some look awful and low-res.

Does this explain why do they look different while they are legitimately from the developers. This looks worse than this and this

In any case, good for "true to the original's spirit" but I cannot but feel been there done that. ;)

I'm hardly a 'femi-nazi' but a video consisting solely of unprovoked violence against women, even in a video game, is ******* sick and some of you need to get a grip of yourselves for applauding it.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Killer Freaks From Outer Space: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-...r-freaks/715709

A Wii U exclusive from Ubisoft. The monsters look like mutant Raving Rabbids -_-

When the trailer started I expected something more generic, instead that design is actually pretty refreshing. I don't have big expectations, but still.

Heh, caught the new Hitman trailer.. apparently they're going to actually be showing what Diana looks like.

Although at present its more of a glimpses in a shower.

What amuses me is from those glimpses she looks to be a twentysomething character... :ermm: When the voice actress is around 60. Heh, I guess it's that "sexy voiced english secretary" style of thing they're going for.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What amuses me is from those glimpses she looks to be a twentysomething character... :shifty: When the voice actress is around 60. Heh, I guess it's that "sexy voiced english secretary" style of thing they're going for.

lois7.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Heh, caught the new Hitman trailer.. apparently they're going to actually be showing what Diana looks like.

Although at present its more of a glimpses in a shower.

What amuses me is from those glimpses she looks to be a twentysomething character... :lol: When the voice actress is around 60. Heh, I guess it's that "sexy voiced english secretary" style of thing they're going for.

I always thought she'd be more like Max in Mission Impossible. Game doesn't seem to be a dumbed down mess (well if you turn off an option anyway - the stuff that does would make anyone feel like a simpleton I feel : see through walls, vision highlighted) so that's good.