Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

He's nailed the aesthetics (not that hard considering he partly invented them), but the CGI is looking very thin and dated.

Fake?

Ah indeed, I recognize the scene with Fassbinder from the new X-Men. Dunno where they scrapped the rest from.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Oh ok, lol. There were plenty of fake trailers for The Thing-prequel too, so... :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hikaru no Go.

Can't believe an anime about the board game of Go could be somehow so enthralling. And then eps. 60/61 had me bawling like a baby. :lol:

I keep hearing how Kaiji is the bestest thing evar, and that's about Mah-jong.

True Grit the original. I like the Duke and I like this movie but I tend to favor the newer remake.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Fast and Furious Five.

Ludicrous physics. But some pretty cars, and prettier women. Fun driving, a few entertaining crashes and some gunshots.

So..generally amusing. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Re-watched District 9.

I really like Neil Blomkamps style. He just made a straight no-nonsense Sci-Fi movie.

Can't wait for Elysium. He said it's going to be "very violent". Bring it on Neil!

With Elysium and Prometheus on the horizon, there's hope no-nonsense, non-kiddy friendly Sci-Fi will be invigorated again. I also hope that leads to some decent game spin-offs (Obsidian?)

That was Mark Strong!? :o

Typical reaction when someone says that Mark Strong was in a movie, the guy is a chameleon.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, that's the thing, I usually recognize him because I've watched Stardust a billion times. Sherlock Holmes, Kick-Ass, etc., but I had no idea he was Sinestro. That really confirms how good an actor he is, if you put a bit of make-up on him he's unrecognizable because his voice and manner changes completely with the character. I didn't even have any "that voice sounds familiar".

Well, that's the thing, I usually recognize him because I've watched Stardust a billion times. Sherlock Holmes, Kick-Ass, etc., but I had no idea he was Sinestro. That really confirms how good an actor he is, if you put a bit of make-up on him he's unrecognizable because his voice and manner changes completely with the character. I didn't even have any "that voice sounds familiar".

You forgot RocknRolla and Robin Hood, also if you are a fan you may be interested to know he is VA for for that new Space Marine game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I saw Thor this weekend. Good fun even if the plot was so very silly. I mostly just watched it because I'm looking forward to The Avengers.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Re-watching Jet Li's "The One". Had to pause it due to laughter because they made a reference to George Bush outlining a universal health care plan before a joint session of congress.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Re-watching Jet Li's "The One". Had to pause it due to laughter because they made a reference to George Bush outlining a universal health care plan before a joint session of congress.

You mean president Al Gore outlining an universal health care plan.

village_idiot.gif

Both. It's to show that we're in the different universes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Both. It's to show that we're in the different universes.

There is an alternate universe where you laughed at that. :)

village_idiot.gif

Rewatched Naqoyqatsi. I still don't get this movie.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Rubber - a very very strange movie about a tire that gains sentience & rolls around exploding ppl's heads via "mind power." I liked it for about 60 minutes & the cinematography was actually pretty cool, but it gets old by the end.

True Grit - never saw the original film. Kinda slow, kinda lyrical, some nice moments. Didn't really grip me much, but beautiful scenery. Plus I got to say "Is that Barry Pepper?"

Wrecked - Adrian Brody really knows how to pick bad movies to be in, lately.

Arctic Blast - lowish budget 'end of the world' movie...cross between ID4 & Day After Tomorrow, only instead of advancing alien spaceship shadows you have ... a deadly creeping ice fog via a hole in the ozone. Acting tolerable and at least at 2am, mildly entertaining in that bad-movie kind of way. Michael Shanks from SG-1 is the male lead.

Collapse - documentary consisting of Michael Ruppert yakking for 80 minutes about how farked up the world will be when oil runs out. Stuff like that. Interesting topic imo but the guy's a serious doomsayer nut. I liked his line about crop seeds becoming a new currency in the face of starvation & economic collapse, tho.

The New Daughter - Horror/thriller movie about a father who's daughter starts acting weird. Kevin Coster needed a paycheck I guess.

I'm Still Here - I couldn't sit through more than 15-20 minutes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been slowly going through my list on Netflix.

Art School Confidential - Pretty much sums up my views of the art world.

Cashback - Was actually a charming flick. Even the douchebag characters you can't help but like.

Anna and the King - Actually really liked it. After reading Shadow of the Hegemon I got all interested in Thailand and this just made me more interested.

Machete - Dear god if you're a man and don't like this flick you should have your **** revoked. Robert Rodriguez is the king of fun turn off your brain action movies.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg