What you did today

Gorth

You most certainly do.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Fun visit to the ER, suspected blood clot in my leg turned out to be nothing serious. Huzzah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just poured a highball, herre is a toast to Hurlie's son feeling better...

and to Malcador's clean bill of health...

and to Raithe's writing project

and to Tales movie exeperience, and mod status...

and to.... It seems I need another drink.

There we go...

An to the Canucks, may they play better than they have been. Now, back to the game.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I did a little yard work, watched a couple bad movies, played the DS3 demo, now watching baseball. Thinking about something greasy for dinner.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tis being a fairly chilly day here. Stirred from some rather strange dreams to face the morning light...

Enjoying a rather nice "real lancashire Eccles cake" and put the kettle on for a fresh cup of tea.

Hm, pondering on the fact that I can pre-order a computer game from Amazon in the states..and even after paying transatlantic shipping fees and import duties, it'll still cost a couple of pounds less then if I picked it up here..

Although if I wait a couple of months it'll probably turn up with a chunk of price knocked off it here with the preorders..

I think I shall take a short while to enjoy my saturday before I get back to the grindstone of my report.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Have spent entire day fixing kitchen taps.

The entire day.

The people who put that sink in should be hung upside down from a lamp-post. Just insane.

On the plus side I have some very nice new taps.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The entire day.

The people who put that sink in should be hung upside down from a lamp-post. Just insane.

Shiny.

The entire day.

Shiny.

I'm a simple man. A simple man with pleasing kitchen fixtures.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know that stage where you're sat staring at the word processor, dozens of articles and assorted research laying around you, an established structure in the document and large chunks of it filled out ... and then your mind does a shivver and you just can't focus on which next step to do... :lol:

Do I rewrite this section, do i start on that.. maybe I'll start re-reading this research and oh look another 10 minutes has disapeared on me... Maybe if I polish that paragraph or find something else to add some emphasis...

On one hand I can actually say it's kind of fun.

Also bloody annoying. In about equal measures. o:)

Fun visit to the ER, suspected blood clot in my leg turned out to be nothing serious. Huzzah.

That is good news, they can end up deadly :*

Today I moped around after a 12 hour sleep, then slept some more on the sofa, definitely starting to throw off the flu but still feeling miserable, I can never get my head around the manflu, women never seem to get quite as ****ed up with it.

Sad visit to the hospital, my grandma's red cell count dropped and she won't take a transfusion because of religion :*

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, the fact that I'm for some reason having massive trouble staying hydrated (I've lived most of my childhood in Greece, the weather here is a spring evening in comparison to that) and that Blackcurrant Gatorade (they were all out of everything else) tastes like ass seems like kind of a small problem now.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That is good news, they can end up deadly :thumbsup:

Today I moped around after a 12 hour sleep, then slept some more on the sofa, definitely starting to throw off the flu but still feeling miserable, I can never get my head around the manflu, women never seem to get quite as ****ed up with it.

Yep, getting crap from my manager though. Apparently I shouldn't have taken the half day off as it was "nothing serious". Kinda feel bad for wasting the nurse's time but as she said, better to waste her time than end up dead from an embolism :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yep, getting crap from my manager though. Apparently I shouldn't have taken the half day off as it was "nothing serious". Kinda feel bad for wasting the nurse's time but as she said, better to waste her time than end up dead from an embolism :thumbsup:

It's great to work for ****, isn't it?

Did you guys know that **** Pound is the chancellor of McGill university? Oh, right, because of this retarded filter, you'll have to jump into the ****pit of a plane and go there to see it for yourself.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're more frustrated than usual.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yep, getting crap from my manager though. Apparently I shouldn't have taken the half day off as it was "nothing serious". Kinda feel bad for wasting the nurse's time but as she said, better to waste her time than end up dead from an embolism :lol:

It's great to work for ****, isn't it?

Did you guys know that **** Pound is the chancellor of McGill university? Oh, right, because of this retarded filter, you'll have to jump into the ****pit of a plane and go there to see it for yourself.

Nahhh it's great. I can be more like my idol Peter Gibbons.

Sad visit to the hospital, my grandma's red cell count dropped and she won't take a transfusion because of religion >_<

Sorry to hear that. I don't know if it'll help, but the way I figure it, when old folks get close to the end the best you can hope is that they go their own way and in their own time. Sounds at least like your grandma has her strength of will to do that.

-Elwood Blues

Currently emptying my office. Having the first regrets now, mostly due to the fact these ****ers turn the AC off during weekends. Spelling it out makes it a non-regret though. :lol:

It's being a miserably grey and drizzly day here. Some quiet moments pondering on the nature of obsession, and trying to get past the sunday procrastination and general meh feel to actually do stuff.

So as expected from me, I shall enjoy a fresh cup of tea, maybe nibble at an eccles cake for that added sugar rush, and see how things develop.

It's being a miserably grey and drizzly day here.

Same here. We call it "winter" :lol:

Doing the procrastinating part too, enjoying the long weekend (because it's the old lady's birthday tomorrow). It's a bit late in the day, but seriously considering opening up a bottle of red wine and find my painting gear. Still got a lot of Valhallan troopers that needs to get battle ready down at the local wargaming club.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein