What you did today

Gorth

Always find it funny here how the women dress up fancy and try to look attractive, but then top it off with a scowl. I guess it's just a city-look anyway, managed to talk to one girl who commented on my Arsenal keychain on my bag - rare to find a fellow fan over here :lol: Other than should be a fun day at work, supposed to have TWO thunderstorms. Should have a nice view of it all from 50 floors up.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Feeling slightly less like death today, I just took delivery of a new case (Antec 300) and PSU (Corsair 1000w) so I'm mildly hyped up, looking forward to getting home and slapping my PC's guts in it, I just hope my own guts stay where they are during the procedure :lol:

*side note* Those Sudafed plugin things are pretty good, I had a relatively trouble free sleep in my menthol and eucalyptus cocoon.

Hm, I keep getting random nvlddmkm driver display errors lately which is getting a little bit annoying.

The weather keeps bouncing tween sunshine and shower.

I went to make an omelette and as I tried to make up that mental checklist of what I needed to do for it I totally blanked.

I thought that was a touch ridiculous, so I tried making one without thinking about it.. and it all came out perfectly.

The weirdness of the mind... -_-

Heh, and one thing I've learnt over the last week, I really need to make my research skills a touch more.. formal then they are. Dabbling and inspired randomness can carry things only so far...

And damn Embassy phone lines that leave you on queued wait. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Always find it funny here how the women dress up fancy and try to look attractive, but then top it off with a scowl.

I was pondering that while flicking through some YouTube videos the other day, pretty young girls all scowling cos it's sexy...I just think to myself "keep it up", look at women in their late 30's who still practice the pout, fishfaced gollums all of em :lol:

... and then about a minute after I posted that, I get a Vista Blue Screen event and my pc rebooted. :lol:

Now I'm trying to remember when I last saved my work.

And worrying I might have to do a rush trip to Novatech to replace a graphics card or something if it's serious.

Are you also, by any chance a hobbit?

Well hovering around the 6' mark and incredibly pale-skinned (what can I say, grandad was an albino..it carries through).

Being mistaken for a hobbit would be a first for me.

However, I did go through my gsce's with the addition of a fine waistcoat and pocket watch to my school uniform... :)

Its cos you probably have the mildest personality I've ever seen. I've never ever seen you uptight over anything. You always talk about tea, relaxation and food.

Thus you're a hobbit.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Its cos you probably have the mildest personality I've ever seen. I've never ever seen you uptight over anything. You always talk about tea, relaxation and food.

Thus you're a hobbit.

Ah, I think you might be mistaking the amount of sheer Englishness I have.

Calmness, Fortitude, and general Courtesy in the face of all that life brings you no matter how uncouth and irritating it may be. :)

The firm belief that in the face of total disaster, a certain mixture of laid back attitude and stiff upper lip behaviour, accompanied by a good cup of tea will always see you through it..

Edited by Raithe

Always find it funny here how the women dress up fancy and try to look attractive, but then top it off with a scowl. I guess it's just a city-look anyway, managed to talk to one girl who commented on my Arsenal keychain on my bag - rare to find a fellow fan over here :) Other than should be a fun day at work, supposed to have TWO thunderstorms. Should have a nice view of it all from 50 floors up.

Do they scowl at everybody, or just you?

Generally they turn about 3/4 in front of me, adjust their clothing and try to look into the distance pensively. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, would have said if it was just at me. General city look, have to show how hard you are, for the majority. Does seem the less dolled up they are the more relaxed their face is. Might be a fun distraction to note this in different settings and parts of town.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, would have said if it was just at me. General city look, have to show how hard you are, for the majority. Does seem the less dolled up they are the more relaxed their face is. Might be a fun distraction to note this in different settings and parts of town.

So-called bitch shield, maybe.

Most women are just angry all the time. It's because they're so social. Constantly measuring themselves against other people. Which is pointless because there's always someone better than you are at whatever yardstick you're using.

I have a fierce scrumpy hangover today. We were celebrating my mate getting access to see his kid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Most women are just angry all the time. It's because they're so social. Constantly measuring themselves against other people. Which is pointless because there's always someone better than you are at whatever yardstick you're using.

I have a fierce scrumpy hangover today. We were celebrating my mate getting access to see his kid.

That's actually part of the reason I ended up moving from morning shifts to the nights. In the mornings there's ALL women who are in the store, minus one latino guy.

Of course, women always seem to have the same mood at all time... even if they aren't all pissed off, if one's sad, they're all sad.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There should be a "Women Are From Venus" thread for you guys. :lol:

What I did today...after a long rain delay, watched my team sweep the Yankees. I was pleased. It's amazing how they could start so badly for so long and come back up. And that's why I love baseball. Or one reason anyway.

Also...Dannon's "greek" vanilla yogurt sure is tasty. I doubt it's actually "greek", but it sure was good. A little cream-cheese like maybe. Yum.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And the puppy has made a solid attempt at digging up one of the fresh flowerbeds in the garden..

I seem to have the workings of a stabby headache kicking off over my left eyesocket, and the day is moving forward slowly.

I shall hit the paracetamol, a good cup of tea and try to get my mind into some sort of focused and productive mood.

Changed a car tire in +30 weather. I imagine it was more like +50 in the sun. Also mother******** dirt roads and the locals who don't bother to mark the huuuuuge holes in the ground / take few shovels of gravel in to the hole to fill it (where I come from, people always mark the biggest holes in the road). Had to move a bit to the right from the middle and BOOM straight into a huge hole in the road which you couldn't see from further away. Hopefully it was just the damn tire that got shredded and didn't break anything else....

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

That's actually part of the reason I ended up moving from morning shifts to the nights. In the mornings there's ALL women who are in the store, minus one latino guy.

Of course, women always seem to have the same mood at all time... even if they aren't all pissed off, if one's sad, they're all sad.

Start gossiping, it's awesome. Before you know it you will learn half truths you would never expect about everyone else there. There is power in that knowledge my young padowan.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well observed about 15 women last night on the way home, only 4 were scowling, the rest seemed pretty happy. This was at the streetcar stop after a work day. Now this morning, looked at 30 as they all swam upstream from the train station, lot more scowls. So maybe it is just the "I'm going to work" effect more than anything.

I think I can cheerfully say that I need to figure out a better organisation for my collected research. Also, I think I kind of loathe sorting out a bibliography in a meaninful manner.

I believe I have the subject matter in hand (so to speak) but while I could probably sit down at the pub and hold forth on the question, what my answer would be to it, and the whys and wherefores for the reasoning of it.. turning that into a proper paper that is professionally worthy is being bloody annoying. :lol:

Still, a fresh cup of tea and tally-ho once more.

I think I can cheerfully say that I need to figure out a better organisation for my collected research. Also, I think I kind of loathe sorting out a bibliography in a meaninful manner.

I believe I have the subject matter in hand (so to speak) but while I could probably sit down at the pub and hold forth on the question, what my answer would be to it, and the whys and wherefores for the reasoning of it.. turning that into a proper paper that is professionally worthy is being bloody annoying. :teehee:

That actually comes as a surprise to quite a few people. But writing is hard.

Glancing back.. spot the deliberate mistake :

But in the end, it was ordering two single deaths that caused the kingpin to cross the lines from being considered a simple criminal to become one of the most wanted men on the planet.

It's always fun scanning back and suddenly noticing how your thought process bypassed your grammar.. :p

Saw Super 8 yesterday. My complaint is that the ticket cost me $15.50.

It was a good movie. I don't think it'll be for everyone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."