Bin Laden is dead

LOL at Europeans halfway around the world criticizing Americans for celebrating the death of this scum.

LOL at you for lumping all Europeans together.

I didn't? I never said "all europeans".

Americans are fat and stupid.

Yeah, who needs to use "all".

I was clearly referring to the Europeans in this thread, if you're too thick to realize that then that's your own problem.

Edited by Krookie

Not even remotely relevant. The US govt has been carrying out "targeted killings" -an euphemism for assassination- for several years now, in the open. If the SEAL team had been sent to apprehend BL and he had been killed in the process, things would be different. But he was marked for death and an extra-judicial killing was carried out by a death squad. Whether he deserved it or not is irrelevant.

We're at war with Al Qaida. I fail to see how military assassination is a problem. Its part of a strategy you know. Enemy general or commander's location is known and an attack can be made it is. These aren't cops going in for an arrest. Its also nice that you think of our soldiers and commandos as 'death squads'. :(

Well, apparently a movie is in early stages for the Hunt for Bin Laden.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Reading the news, our gov is waffling on whether or not to release the picture of his corpse. Apparently it involves brain matter as he took the bullet right above his left eye.

Would anyone want to see the picture?

I remember seeing the images of people leaping from the towers to avoid dying from the fire. I also remember seeing pictures of body parts, arms, legs and even genitals in the wreckage of 9-11.

Yeah, I wouldn't actually mind seeing this particular blown apart corpse.

I wouldn't mind. Apparently the story about whether Bin Laden was resisting or not has changed. At first they said he had a gun, now apparently no. In that case legally they should've captured him, not killed him. Don't think too many people in US care though, I know I don't.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Even I hadn't given much thought to his African victims.

Courtesy of the BBC:

Al-Qaeda Attacks in East Africa

* 1998: US embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam blown up, 200 dead

* 2002: Twin attacks on Israeli targets in Kenya, 15 dead

* 2009: Somali ministers and medical students among 22 killed in Mogadishu

* 2010: Suicide bombing in Kampala, 76 dead

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Even I hadn't given much thought to his African victims.

Courtesy of the BBC:

Al-Qaeda Attacks in East Africa

* 1998: US embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam blown up, 200 dead

* 2002: Twin attacks on Israeli targets in Kenya, 15 dead

* 2009: Somali ministers and medical students among 22 killed in Mogadishu

* 2010: Suicide bombing in Kampala, 76 dead

They've attacked all over the place.

I wouldn't mind. Apparently the story about whether Bin Laden was resisting or not has changed. At first they said he had a gun, now apparently no. In that case legally they should've captured him, not killed him. Don't think too many people in US care though, I know I don't.

He got the same due process he gave the people in the Twin Towers.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I was clearly referring to the Europeans in this thread, if you're too thick to realize that then that's your own problem.

You are either grossly underestimating the amount of Europeans in this thread or are displaying the behaviour you accuse others of.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wouldn't mind. Apparently the story about whether Bin Laden was resisting or not has changed. At first they said he had a gun, now apparently no. In that case legally they should've captured him, not killed him.

Could you give a source for this?

That would be unfortunate.

You are either grossly underestimating the amount of Europeans in this thread or are displaying the behaviour you accuse others of.

Again, if you're too thick to see the difference in what I was referring too, that is your problem and not mine. Did I jump down the throats of anyone when they grouped "Americans" together as celebrating his death?

I remember seeing the images of people leaping from the towers to avoid dying from the fire. I also remember seeing pictures of body parts, arms, legs and even genitals in the wreckage of 9-11.

What exactly is that going to do for you ? Well unless you have some kind of death fetish :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wouldn't mind. Apparently the story about whether Bin Laden was resisting or not has changed. At first they said he had a gun, now apparently no. In that case legally they should've captured him, not killed him.

I heard this on the BBC earlier, same as the 'woman as human shield' stuff which is probably also innacurate.

Look, it's fog of war, spin and BS. All governments do it.

I couldn't care less if they shot him while he was in the bath. The whole point of stealthy commando ninja stuff is to kill the other guy before he gets the chance to kill you. It's not a 19th century duel.

sonsofgygax.JPG

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden

Thanks.

A shame he couldn't be taken alive but speculating if it was even possible is pointless.

Again, if you're too thick to see the difference in what I was referring too, that is your problem and not mine. Did I jump down the throats of anyone when they grouped "Americans" together as celebrating his death?

Well, it's your prerogative to decide when you jump down people's throats. :p

Since we are going on about people's thickness, could it be possible to object to the way something is said, as opposed to the message itself? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, it's your prerogative to decide when you jump down people's throats. :p

Since we are going on about people's thickness, could it be possible to object to the way something is said, as opposed to the message itself? :p

It's my prerogative to understand that not everything said on something as informal as a message board should be taken word for word. Congratulations, you successfully argued the least important part of that post.

What exactly is that going to do for you ? Well unless you have some kind of death fetish :p

I usually have zero interest in any form of film or pictures involving someone's death. I don't even like watching video filmed from hundreds of feet away of a fatal wreck.

That said, seeing an image of an inhumane pig like Bin Laden dead might give me a boner. :p

JOKING of course!!

... or am I :p

Numbers, there's a key ****ing difference. Bin Laden was just some self-appointed rich douche who one day decided he could kill thousands of people. The US administration has the freely given democratic assent of millions.

So basically then if a murder is done by a democratically elected government it's less of a murder then committed by some organization or individual. Sounds to me like a convinient explanation of those who see government sanctioned assassination as something acceptable. But then again, most of the so called enlightened free world thinks so, or they just willingly turn a blind eye, same thing.

And Bin Laden wasn't self-appointed as an leader of a radical Islamic organization, he was financed, trained, equipped by the US who actually created him as such when he was seen useful. When his tactics and rules of war was seen as guerrilla warfare of a freedom fighter when he fought the Soviets. But if a group uses the very same strategy and means against coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq today they are in the eyes of the west nothing but terrorist. Terrorist or freedom fighter, assassin or soldier, good or evil, in the end it all depends on the point of view of the observer.

But if a group uses the very same strategy and means against coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq today they are in the eyes of the west nothing but terrorist. Terrorist or freedom fighter, assassin or soldier, good or evil, in the end it all depends on the point of view of the observer.

Uh, I don't think it was the strategy used in Afghanistan that got him that 'terrorist' label.

You hear about that 9-11 thing back in 2001? I think thats what did it. Those suicide bombings targeting civilians instead of military targets might of helped too.

duh-duh1233387823.jpg

We're at war with Al Qaida. I fail to see how military assassination is a problem. Its part of a strategy you know. Enemy general or commander's location is known and an attack can be made it is. These aren't cops going in for an arrest.
Yeah, the whole concept of being "at war" with anything other than a sovereign state is pretty ridiculous too -- it's just a convenient excuse invented so military force can be used and abused where otherwise it wouldn't be justified. And "military" assassination is a problem because, well, it's still an assassination and it's kind of illegal. Depending on the version you listen to, he wasn't killed as a result of a gunfight, and he most definitely wasn't an imminent threat to anyone -as evidenced by the fact that the SEALS trained in a replica house for weeks-, so the usual justifications don't fly. They simply didn't want him alive.

Sorry if your feelings are hurt, but death squads are as death squads do.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.