Bin Laden is dead

To say it was ill done to shoot a man in front of his wife, I say nonsense! He wasn't shot in front of her. He was after all hiding behind his wife at the time, and she was in fact shot and wounded before anyone was able to shoot him.

That the wife was used as a human shield has been debunked, some time ago and by none less than the White House itself.

Um, the Americans new where Osama was hiding for ages dude. The Wikileaks release which mentioned Osama and Abbottabad in the same document is what forced the US government to act.

I don't see that as necessarily sinister. It's very normal to keep tabs on a high value individual, even in civilian police work. You want to see who drops round for tea and biscuits. We might have got Bin Laden and Zawahiri if we'd got lucky.

So, yeah, thanks wikileaks. Nice one.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Um, the Americans new where Osama was hiding for ages dude. The Wikileaks release which mentioned Osama and Abbottabad in the same document is what forced the US government to act.

I don't see that as necessarily sinister. It's very normal to keep tabs on a high value individual, even in civilian police work. You want to see who drops round for tea and biscuits. We might have got Bin Laden and Zawahiri if we'd got lucky.

So, yeah, thanks wikileaks. Nice one.

From what I've been reading they got the names of his couriers from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and used those guys movements to track where Bin Laden was hiding. Yes, they did know his location and were using their movements to get intel on his actions and intentions. Something must have been changing. Maybe Bin Laden was about to move or they were going to otherwise lose track of him. But from what I've seen, they have known where he was for some time and there is a non-political reason why they went after him now. I suspect the CIA believed the window of opportunity was closing for some reason.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Could have been an operational reason. Maybe a surveillance radar was down for repairs or something. Maybe it was just a good clear night.

Incidentally, if anyone finds the whole notion terribly thrilling I'd recommend the book Special Operations Warfare; theory and practice, by William H. McRaven. It's interesting and it will make you appreciate what happened that bit more.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you have any evidence that there's is any real distinction between groups attacking military tragets and those attacking civilian targets then I'd dearly love to see it. Feel free to PM.

Now we are playing CSI Iraq? Well of course when someone points out that all US and Coalition armed opposition in Iraq are terrorists that goes without saying and needs no proving, why? Because the US regime and mass media present it so, and if you differ please present your evidence or be called a troll or whatever. Exact evidence what one group does or does not to the full extent of their activities I could prove to you or anyone else only if I was an embedded journalist with some insurgent group, but I'm not and neither is any journalist to my knowledge. In Iraq there were many and are many groups with certain degree of power and influence, during Saddam they were tamed with force and intimidation. After the fall of Saddam they all popped out like Gene from the bottle, and some people with common views and understanding came together to form new groups and organizations. The so called insurgent groups in Iraq you can divide into those of Sunni, Shiite and Kurdish, but that would be somewhat inaccurate. There is a difference between Shiite militias and insurgency done by the Sunni. The Shiite militias and their actions isn't aimed at the US, it's mostly directed against Sunni. On the other hand Sunni insurgency is aimed at pretty much everyone, the US, the Shiite militias and the current government. The US puts all Sunni insurgency into one pot, so does the media, a classic act of propaganda were one is satanising his opponents. Most accurate division of that insurgency would be that you have:

1) The Sunni nationalists, which made a large portion of the insurgency at the start of it and still do today, these groups consists in one hand of former Ba

Edited by Hildegard

Heh, it's neat how the story changes. He was armed, then he was unarmed, then he was unarmed but had guns nearby. Now only one out of the 5 was armed ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hezbollah have repeatedly stated that they only go after military targets. It's bull, given the kind of missiles they used against Israel, but the distinction genuinely seemed to matter to them. I'm thinking that kind of distinction might be in the ascendancy in order to appeal to a wider base.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Bin Laden is the Chuck Norris of Islamist terror. He could take out a man just by using the power of his twisted mind. I wouldn't take any chances either.

I'd vote for Abu Nidal.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hezbollah have repeatedly stated that they only go after military targets. It's bull, given the kind of missiles they used against Israel, but the distinction genuinely seemed to matter to them. I'm thinking that kind of distinction might be in the ascendancy in order to appeal to a wider base.
It doesn't matter to them one iota. It matters to their useful idiot enablers in the West.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

From the Death of Osama bin Laden Wiki page:

Another resident of the area who said, "We saw four helicopters at around 2 am. We were told to switch off lights of our homes and stay inside."[120] Local residents in the vicinity of the compound reported that cellular telephone and electrical service in the area went out around the time the raid began and was restored immediately after the Americans departed the area.[77]

I can understand how they would be able to disrupt cellular services but how the hell did they disrupt electrical services? Id love to see what they had inside those stealh choppers. :drool:

EMP bombs? :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Another resident of the area who said, "We saw four helicopters at around 2 am. We were told to switch off lights of our homes and stay inside."[120] Local residents in the vicinity of the compound reported that cellular telephone and electrical service in the area went out around the time the raid began and was restored immediately after the Americans departed the area.[77]

I can understand how they would be able to disrupt cellular services but how the hell did they disrupt electrical services? Id love to see what they had inside those stealh choppers. :drool:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2010/0242775.html ? :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Appreciate the post, Hilde. I'll read it when I have time.

-Elwood Blues

And the UK Government have made a statement that they had nothing to do with the death of Osama Bin Laden. They pointed out that it happened on a Bank Holiday Monday, and that no government official would take out a Bin on a Bank Holiday.

o:)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Heh, it's neat how the story changes. He was armed, then he was unarmed, then he was unarmed but had guns nearby. Now only one out of the 5 was armed ?

They weren't all armed, Osama didn't have any weapons on him, the women wasn't used as a human shield but was shot by the special forces, Osama was captured first and then executed in front of his daughter. Team Six! o:)

Sarcasm aside, this whole ordeal could have been done better with the same or similar end result.

Edited by Hildegard

They weren't all armed, Osama didn't have any weapons on him, the women wasn't used as a human shield but was shot by the special forces, Osama was captured first and then executed in front of his daughter. Team Six! o:)

Well they were sent to kill him, so eh. Not sure it was them forcing the daughter to watch, at least from what I've read.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That wasn't my point. Read EDIT. o:)

Curse my not being from 2 minutes in the future! :)

a bribe at the local electrical company perhaps.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

After reading the stealth helicopter story, I somehow had to think about Deus Ex...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still no tim eto read and digest the long post there. Apologies again.

Thought it might be interesting to hear the story of a lady who lost both legs in the 7/7 bombings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ter...vors-story.html

-Elwood Blues