Bin Laden is dead

"A U.S. official told CNN that bin Laden was buried at sea. The official said his body was handled in the Islamic tradition, but did not elaborate."

Source.

Goddammit, you incompetent cretins. Now you have given the tinfoil-hats material for the next 30-40 years or so.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"A U.S. official told CNN that bin Laden was buried at sea. The official said his body was handled in the Islamic tradition, but did not elaborate."

Source.

Goddammit, you incompetent cretins. Now you have given the tinfoil-hats material for the next 30-40 years or so.

If I had a giant facepalm picture I'd post it.

I guess that they want those nutters to keep going strong for whatever reason.

On the subject at hand, I much doubt this'll have any actual effect on anything, maybe prompting some more "retalliation" attacks or whatever.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Muslims have to be buried within 24 hours of their death. They asked the Saudis to take the body, they said no (don't blame them). So do they (a) give more grist to the grievance mill or (b) dump him at sea and give the world's tinfoil hat brigade a boner?

It's a lose / lose. Never mind, the bastard is dead, kudos the the US Navy SEALs.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yes, congratulations Americans, I am sure another dead person solved all of your problems.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Muslims have to be buried within 24 hours of their death. They asked the Saudis to take the body, they said no (don't blame them). So do they (a) give more grist to the grievance mill or (b) dump him at sea and give the world's tinfoil hat brigade a boner?

It's a lose / lose.

Ah, the lesser - though more annoying - evil.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Does any non-american care about this?

I know that I don't care and most likely never will. Also I can't understand why everyone is going party in america, just because that dude got killed. Seriously, it's not like he was Hitler and had konzentration camps in the US of A.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does any non-american care about this?

I know that I don't care and most likely never will. Also I can't understand why everyone is going party in america, just because that dude got killed. Seriously, it's not like he was Hitler and had konzentration camps in the US of A.

They think it reinforces how cool and awesome they are, and that they really are the worldpolice and can do no wrong?

Edited by Azdeus

Why not put his corpse on display, then dispose of it. All the jubilation is a bit amusing though, heh, one guy gets shot in the head.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As for not celebrating. Seriously?

You want to mourn this over-priviledged psychotic messiah wannabe then go right ahead. But you can do it after you hold a candlelit vigil for the thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans and Pakistanis and Indonesians... dead because of his poisonous lunacy. After you do that, feel free to shed your tears. Or I may be tempted to think you are simply revelling in an opportunity to strike a saintly pose of noble understanding, rather than any actual emotion.

~~

Yes, there will be others after Bin Laden. Yes, there are already people actually running Al Qaeda. Yes, AlQ is more than an organisation, it is a racist, delusional, and hateful philosophy that can't be struck out with a bullet. But this operation has proved that nothing will ever stop the Yanks from getting their man, if you p*ss them off enough. It is going to have a pleasing notional impact on how well the ****ers sleep at night, and a practical impact on their having to try and increase their security even further.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wait, not celebrating is mourning ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, not celebrating is mourning ?

:) Fair point. However i'm suggesting Bin Laden was a kind of geopolitical marmite. There's no-one kind of "Yeah, I'll have him round for tea, but he's not staying for supper."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Celebrating the death of someone is not what civilized and moral people do. You can feel relief and a sense that justice has been carried out, but going all "The bitch is dead! let's throw a parade!" is just really distasteful.

Source.

If I had a giant facepalm picture I'd post it.

It's worse than conspiracy nuts, now Al-Qaeda and every other islamic nutbag outfit can go on claiming that Bin Laden is alive and well. It's not like they could have pissed off the jihadists MORE by brining the body to the US for a thorough identification and autopsy. "Yeah, it was bad that these kuffar bastards murdered out glorious leader but that they didnt bury him within 24h really ticks me off!"

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Kaft, are you seriously suggesting that Islamists are going to get more angry with the US now?

I dare you to say that again, with a straight face.

-Elwood Blues