Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

Yeah, it would have been cool if they made using magic by either the PC or his companions in front of Templars have actual consequences. Would have at least been more realistic than being able to cast all sorts of wacky stuff while a Templar is looking on.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"You know what will be the real kicker? If DS3 seems more RPGish and polished story wise then DA2... talk about salt in ones wounds. *chuckle*"

Why would BIO care?

Then again, we know you are butthurt over BIO hurting your feelings years ago when theys topped you from being a modrator on their forums. L0LZ

Need to get over it. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Is DA2 all about the conflict between templars and mages?

Honestly, that was the most boring part of DA1 and what made me lose most of my interest in the franchise even before DA2.

It is just too much a poor mans Warhammer universe. Mages draw their power from the warp fade and unless properly trained and with disciplined minds risk possession by warp fade entities. Those with magic capability who refuses to live and study at the official College of Magic circles of magic will be branded renegades malificar and hunted down by the Templars of Sigmar and summarily executed.

Warhammer just pulls it off so much better :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"You know what will be the real kicker? If DS3 seems more RPGish and polished story wise then DA2... talk about salt in ones wounds. *chuckle*"

Why would BIO care?

Then again, we know you are butthurt over BIO hurting your feelings years ago when theys topped you from being a modrator on their forums. L0LZ

Well, given that Fallout: New Vegas (Charting the rise to power of the Courier) beat Mass Effect 2 (Save the galaxy) to the WGA nominations for story and was nominated alongside it in the BAFTA awards, it would be somewhat awkward to explain if a reversal of focus [Dungeon siege 3 (Save the kingdom of Ehb) vs. Dragon Age 2 (Charting the rise to power of Hawke)] yielded the same results.

Why would BIO care?

Well, given that Fallout: New Vegas (Charting the rise to power of the Courier) beat Mass Effect 2 (Save the galaxy) to the WGA nominations for story and was nominated alongside it in the BAFTA awards, it would be somewhat awkward to explain if a reversal of focus [Dungeon siege 3 (Save the kingdom of Ehb) vs. Dragon Age 2 (Charting the rise to power of Hawke)] yielded the same results.

am gonna be magnanimous and assume ignorance rather than codexian obfuscation.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/rocksta...rd-nominations/

HA! Good Fun!

ps we will happily slam bioware, but only when they deserve the attention.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why would BIO care?

am gonna be magnanimous and assume ignorance rather than codexian obfuscation.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/rocksta...rd-nominations/

HA! Good Fun!

ps we will happily slam bioware, but only when they deserve the attention.

Ah. I don't follow the awards news too much, I only check the results. I'll retract that statement then.

Edited by John Lemon

i've got some complaints about DA2, but it was still worth playing, i put about 35 hours into it and had my fun. Its just that there are soooo many flaws in the game.

I would definitely pick it up when it gets to half price

I'm still playing it. There's good and then there's entertaining; I tend to favor entertaining for my entertainment and for my purposed DA2 is entertaining (I'd make arguments that there's a lot good in there too).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ah. I don't follow the awards news too much, I only check the results. I'll retract that statement then.

we don't follow the awards news at all. couldn't tell you who won any game industry awards... for any year. some group o' "experts" telling us which games we shoulda' liked? HA!. however, the info we shared were posted on this board relative recent, so we remembered. that being said, if we were interested in such things, and were inclined to draw conclusions 'bout games based 'pon such awards...

*shrug*

in any event, we has been offered copies o' da2 from two peoples who quit the game. even so, as is our custom, we is gonna wait 'til a patch is released before we plays the game. so, am suspecting we will be waiting for another month before we get to play da2 as bio tends to release patches, meaningful patches, a considerable time post release date. in bio's defense, it seems that since the multi-platform era took hold o' the industry, most patches takes a long time to reach gamers... and the inevitable 1.01 stuff that is fixes o' pre-release issues not count in our estimation.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why would BIO care?

Yeah, do all you can to make the new member feel welcome.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Why would BIO care?

Ah, the ultimate in PC gamer elitism. The guy who joined two years ago is "the new member"

:wowey:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Why would BIO care?

Ah, the ultimate in PC gamer elitism. The guy who joined two years ago is "the new member"

:wowey:

You both are dirty newbies. Harlequin is a old member, who changed names.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Well, given that Fallout: New Vegas (Charting the rise to power of the Courier) beat Mass Effect 2 (Save the galaxy) to the WGA nominations for story and was nominated alongside it in the BAFTA awards, it would be somewhat awkward to explain if a reversal of focus [Dungeon siege 3 (Save the kingdom of Ehb) vs. Dragon Age 2 (Charting the rise to power of Hawke)] yielded the same results. "

Do, we really need to have an awards war? I'm not gonna judge LV since I haven't played played but I don't think BIO or ME2 are worried about a 'lack of awards'.

"Does that invalidate my claim to Volo being an ass?"

For telling the truth? Harlequin bas been angry and wishing BIO's death for years. His little rants about how 'they are doomed' is not new. 2002 wants Harlequin back. the fact you referred to him as 'new' or some sort of 'innocent' victim of Big Bad Evil Volourn is hilarious. I'm nto even that scary anyways. L0L

Harlequin can handle himself just fine.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Does that invalidate my claim to Volo being an ass?

If not, all is good.

POINTLESS!

Seriously... Volo is volo is volo... Been that way for 10 years, the only thing I remember really is that he no longer signs everything with GO! DWARVES GO!

Which says it all.

He don't change much, but he ain't all bad. Just mostly annoying.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Is DA2 all about the conflict between templars and mages?

Honestly, that was the most boring part of DA1 and what made me lose most of my interest in the franchise even before DA2.

Oh please, DA has emo elves constantly fawning over their long-lost glory. *yawn*

Why would BIO care?

Who said bio would care? Not my point.

Once again I *QUIT* because they want to hand hold mods and treat them like children. I had better things to do with my time then mod a forum with my hands tied behind my back. And if you want to question my integrity on this issue I will be happy to post the email exchange showing such and show how full of crap you are with your assumptions and calling me a lier. I have no patience with people questioning my integrity especially some assclown like you.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente