Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

I used to complete games I didn't like.

And then I realized I was wasting my time as well as having wasted my money and realized it was kind of silly.

So now if I don't like a game, I get rid of it. I find my gaming experiences to be much happier ones.

*goes back to playing DA2*

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"I hate the characters, I hate the romance, I hate the art style, I hate the repetition in dungeons, I hate how enemies respawn in my face for no good reason, I hate the story (except maybe the Qunari and Varric's quests) and I hate the utterly ridiculous gore. Basically I hate it because it's a Bioware game."

This is one of the best quotes ever... yet he still plays it. That says everything. :rolleyes:

No, I'm just an idiot with no other games to play at the moment. I'm playing it wishing I was playing Dungeon Siege 3 instead.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is the main issue with gore that "it's not realistic" when you are in a story by a guy who's other masterpiece is "Hard in Hightown", a serial about a dirty guard on the edge? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

ahah, DA2 looks and sounds more and more like a parody on modern day CRPGs... ;) kind of like "Alpha Protocol Fantasy gone wrong"

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

ahah, DA2 looks and sounds more and more like a parody on modern day CRPGs... ;) kind of like "Alpha Protocol Fantasy gone wrong"

So bascially fantasy Alpha Protocol. Both average games, that could of been much more.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

at least in AP combat makes more sense ;)

edit: actually, the best thing about DA2 is that it makes AP look like a really good game now :)

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

no no, I meant more like, combat in AP is justified, unlike in 50% of all DA2 instances (or so it would seem)

Walsingham said:

Guest Slinky
Playing a game != enjoying a game. I personally hated Dragon Age 2 for everything except the story, but I still finished the game out of a sense of gamer... honour? Obligation? Something, at any rate. Did I play it? Yes. Did I enjoy it? No. Would I rate it higher than a 4.0? No.

Could someone tell me what the hell makes people do this? I did the same with Doom 3, hated it from start to finish (except the hell section) but still played it through, like I had some weird duty to do that because I loved the first two :)

"actually, the best thing about DA2 is that it makes AP look like a really good game now "

nah. AP is still a crpapy game with no real redeeming features. The best thing can be said about it is that it proves its fans are delusionalm and that evena game that supposedly has C7C can be worthless when you just don't care.

Anyways, the worst thing about DA2 combat is the waves of enemies but at least the combat is for the most part enjoyable. AP is just a horrible version of ME series.

I will never understand why people continue to play a game or even finish a agme they claim to loathe. I play games for fun, if it's not fun i move on. If I want to be miserable I have work for that.

It's like the people who watch a tv show for 10 seasons yet allt he while claim it's the 'worst ever'.

LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I finished the game yersterday. I dont get why people complained about a crappy ending, I thought it was more or less what you might expect. Maybe they should have focused more on Chapter 3 and the ending than all the crap-quests in the first chapter, but this was alright.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I finished the game yersterday. I dont get why people complained about a crappy ending, I thought it was more or less what you might expect. Maybe they should have focused more on Chapter 3 and the ending than all the crap-quests in the first chapter, but this was alright.

The ending was fine except for

Orsino seeming completely retarded for doing blood magic if you side with him

. Otherwise there just wasn't enough focus on it in the third act. Frankly, I felt the ending to act 2 would have been a great ending if they had focused on it the entire game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Playing a game != enjoying a game. I personally hated Dragon Age 2 for everything except the story, but I still finished the game out of a sense of gamer... honour? Obligation? Something, at any rate. Did I play it? Yes. Did I enjoy it? No. Would I rate it higher than a 4.0? No.

Could someone tell me what the hell makes people do this? I did the same with Doom 3, hated it from start to finish (except the hell section) but still played it through, like I had some weird duty to do that because I loved the first two :unsure:

I've heard analogies that compare starting a video game to starting to read a book, but I see a better comparison in watching a car crash. You know what's going to happen, you know you probably won't like it, but you still feel a desire to find out what happens in the end.

nah. AP is still a crpapy game with no real redeeming features. The best thing can be said about it is that it proves its fans are delusionalm and that evena game that supposedly has C7C can be worthless when you just don't care.

I think I see your problem with Alpha Protocol.

Anyways, the worst thing about DA2 combat is the waves of enemies but at least the combat is for the most part enjoyable. AP is just a horrible version of ME series.

HP sink bosses aren't exactly a great idea either, nor is increasing the pace of everything happening without a corresponding reduction in cooldowns on active skills.

I will never understand why people continue to play a game or even finish a agme they claim to loathe. I play games for fun, if it's not fun i move on. If I want to be miserable I have work for that.

It's like the people who watch a tv show for 10 seasons yet allt he while claim it's the 'worst ever'.

LMAO

Chalk it up to bile fascination, it accounts for most of the views crap like Quarter-Life: Halfway to Destruction and My Immortal get.

It leaves a giant cliffhanger, and the disappearing hero act got old in KotOR.

The ending was fine except for

Orsino seeming completely retarded for doing blood magic if you side with him

. Otherwise there just wasn't enough focus on it in the third act. Frankly, I felt the ending to act 2 would have been a great ending if they had focused on it the entire game.

The belligerents are all retarded or psychotic, it's the only explanation.

at first I was totally fine with act 3. Two days later I thought about it some more and now think it was really stupid.

maybe kaftan will have similar experience?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I wonder how much less backlash there would have been if DA2 was labeled as a full priced expansion pack, rather than adding the "2" to the name and making it seem like the sequel to Origins?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

probably would have scored about the same reviews, but not had any backlash except people saying "gosh i hope they don't keep ____ feature around for DA2"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

at first I was totally fine with act 3. Two days later I thought about it some more and now think it was really stupid.

Of course it's stupid, its a damn fantasy RPG. The genre where plots consist of a random assortment of clich

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Of course it's stupid, its a damn fantasy RPG. The genre where plots consist of a random assortment of clich

Actually, people complain no matter what. That's what the internet for. Just go BAck and read DA1 threads here or elsewhere. the same crying repeatedly.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.