Mass Effect 3

Gorth

I wasn't really talking about real urgency though, more a feeling of urgency... (as demonstrated by the use of "can't shut down the game because I still need to do X" argument). I was more saying I never really got that feeling, unlike several other RPG's where it indeed was 'just this more, that more, 2 AM'...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I wasn't really talking about real urgency though, more a feeling of urgency... (as demonstrated by the use of "can't shut down the game because I still need to do X" argument). I was more saying I never really got that feeling, unlike several other RPG's where it indeed was 'just this more, that more, 2 AM'...

So you weren't immersed?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Exactly.

It's kind of hard to do with mission based gameplay, for me atleast.

And it also made it harder for me to fit the game in, since while with most I could just stop when needed, here it made much more sense to finish mission a mission, so I only played if I had 2 hours to spare (just in case), not if I had some spare time to continue.

Which is kind of the opposite other people seem to have here... :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Exactly.

And it also made it harder for me to fit the game in, since while with most I could just stop when needed, here it made much more sense to finish mission a mission, so I only played if I had 2 hours to spare (just in case), not if I had some spare time to continue.

Which is kind of the opposite other people seem to have here... :)

No, I pretty much agree with you. I replayed ME1 to death, trying the different classes, with new faces and all that. Whilst in ME2 the universal cooldown made every "non-combat" oriented class play in a similar manner. Which killed the immersion for me at least, add to that the lack of exploration.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Exactly.

No, I pretty much agree with you. I replayed ME1 to death, trying the different classes, with new faces and all that. Whilst in ME2 the universal cooldown made every "non-combat" oriented class play in a similar manner. Which killed the immersion for me at least, add to that the lack of exploration.

I was actually just the opposite. I've played ME2 to death, ME1 I actually stopped playing for a while and couldn't figure out where to go when I got back to it, so scratch that one, started over, lost interest, then got back to it...only finished ME1 three times which is actually not that many in relation to ME2 (believe it or not).

Exactly.

I was actually just the opposite. I've played ME2 to death, ME1 I actually stopped playing for a while and couldn't figure out where to go when I got back to it, so scratch that one, started over, lost interest, then got back to it...only finished ME1 three times which is actually not that many in relation to ME2 (believe it or not).

I had 7 completed character saves for ME1, and I have problems replaying ME2. Just because it feels a little too much of the same experience, combat has been improved but it still doesn't feel quite like either a shooter or a RPG. There really aren't many options in combat other than the" wack a mole style" of play. It probably goes back to my issue with the universal cooldown and the "dumbed" down character progression. When it comes to it; aside from soldiers, all other classes are vulnerable and little more than bullet fodder.

village_idiot.gif

I had 7 completed character saves for ME1, and I have problems replaying ME2. Just because it feels a little too much of the same experience, combat has been improved but it still doesn't feel quite like either a shooter or a RPG. There really aren't many options in combat other than the" wack a mole style" of play. It probably goes back to my issue with the universal cooldown and the "dumbed" down character progression. When it comes to it; aside from soldiers, all other classes are vulnerable and little more than bullet fodder.

You're not playing properly, then. Only the adept is truly useless on Hardcore and up. Try vanguard if you're bored of cover, biotic charge fully recharges your barriers.

You're not playing properly, then. Only the adept is truly useless on Hardcore and up. Try vanguard if you're bored of cover, biotic charge fully recharges your barriers.

Yes, Sentinels also allow for a pretty aggressive gameplay (albeit quite a lot less "CHAAARGE!" than Vanguard). Maybe the reason why I've enjoyed the game so much is because most of my playthroughs (3-4/7, so maybe not most :)) have been on Sentinels...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Like I said

Whilst in ME2 the universal cooldown made every "non-combat" oriented class play in a similar manner.

village_idiot.gif

Like I said

Whilst in ME2 the universal cooldown made every "non-combat" oriented class play in a similar manner.

Like he said, you are not playing it properly. There are no non-combat oriented classes in ME2. :sweat:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

My renegade Shepard had her entire crew survive the "suicide" mission, in hindsight that is completely unacceptable. It seems I should replay and have everyone save Tali, Garrus, Mordin and Grunt killed, in the worst kind of way.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

is there a way to finish ME 2 where the only survivor is shepherd? that sounds fun.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't know if you need two or if you just need one, but Shepard can't survive alone. Shepard ends up failing to get on the ship because no one is there to catch him. It leads to the everyone dies ending.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What if Shepard picks two non-loyal party members to face the Reaper embryo? Do they automatically die?

I like the idea of keeping only Tali & Garrus, members of the old crew.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm not sure the exact conditions, but they don't automatically die. I think they only die if the rest of the team dies. Many strategies for the final section include taking non-loyal characters with you to protect them.

So I lost my ME1 saves and now replacing it so I can replay ME2 and finally check out the DLC. Anyway, what a chore that game is!

You could try this place. They might have something closely matching your original playthrough.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

So I lost my ME1 saves and now replacing it so I can replay ME2 and finally check out the DLC. Anyway, what a chore that game is!

You can use a savegame editor to create an import, if you want.

You can use a savegame editor to create an import, if you want.

Not that I've found. I've found a few that work on editing profiles or a few flags on ME2 saves. But nothing that sets all flags for ME1.

Uh... Hrm... Uhhh

Did everyone just forget

masseffectsaves.com ?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.