Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Leave the scrounging for different armour pieces just to get a full set bonus for Diablo & Divinity series. Not to mention there isn't any locational damage incorporated in the first place, so why bother.

Would agree, even tho I love item hunting. Elder Scrolls games just aren't (imo) that sort of game. Items sure, but not to the mad extent of Diablo type games. :shifty:

-----------

I did notice the bit about companions in that interview, which I find a bit intriguing. I'll have to research what that entails, I wasn't expecting Elder Scrolls to do companions. I don't care if I can't fiddle with their skills, companions/party (whether 1 or 2 or 3) are still a big part of enjoying/motivation in "story" rpg's, for me. For some reason main plots don't motivate me in games...it's the smaller things like companions & interesting side quests/skills or just growing the chr.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

write a deep Argonian romance quest, could be good for the lulz though :shifty:

Did you read books in Morrowind?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Perfect symmetry is frightening as hell.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Perfect symmetry is frightening as hell.

Most definitely. Being close to it is often beautiful, but...yes. Weird. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even get where people are coming from when they say screenies like that are ugly. What the hell kind of standard are they using. The screenies look great.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect Witcher 2 graphics in an open-world game, like those guys are doing.

They look more than good enough for what Bethie wants to do, definitely.

Actually, they look much better than they need to be.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect Witcher 2 graphics in an open-world game, like those guys are doing.

They look more than good enough for what Bethie wants to do, definitely.

Actually, they look much better than they need to be.

I'm just glad that Beth finally made people look like actual people this time around.

The armor system is very similar to Oblivion?s. The main difference is that the upper and lower body armors, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece. This helps create armor styles that have the look we needed for Skyrim.

Armor stuff even more dumped down. :)

That's fine, I was tired of looking like I bougth my armor at a garage sale anyway. Glass shoes, leather gloves, iron cuirass etc.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

All I need is for the world to be more interesting than Oblivion's. I actually liked Oblivion, but there wasn't enough vareity in enviroments. Maybe make a main story that doesn't suck this time, and I might play it for hundreds of hours.

I'm just glad that Beth finally made people look like actual people this time around.

Graphically it was the biggest criticism of both MW and Oblivion. Potentially it was the only criticism one could make since environments in both games were very good.

The environmental graphics in Skyrim don't appear all that more impressive than Oblivion, but that is still plenty good enough.

The character graphics are a huge improvement, even from FO3, which was a huge improvement from Oblivion.

Just you wait for the happy/angry faces.

I have a gut feeling, those will still look priceless. :lol:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Just you wait for the happy/angry faces.

I have a gut feeling, those will still look priceless. :ermm:

Ha ha, yeah. Seeing an NPC's face go from happy to angry during the speech mini-game was hilarious. Probably unintentional, heh.

Speaking of which, I hope Skyrim doesn't bring back the speech mini-game from Oblivion in any shape or form. Terrible design decision.

As far as I could see, there are only dialog options and no other buttons anymore. Was that speech mini-game of any worth anyway? I never used it and I can't remember any situation where it would have been needed in some kind of way. For me it was just there for lulz and nothing more.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

As far as I could see, there are only dialog options and no other buttons anymore. Was that speech mini-game of any worth anyway? I never used it and I can't remember any situation where it would have been needed in some kind of way. For me it was just there for lulz and nothing more.

I didn't get very far in Oblivion, but I didn't notice a substantial difference in maxing disposition with other NPCs. Heh, it took me a while to "get the mini-game." I'm glad Beth ditched it.

Speaking of which, I hope Skyrim doesn't bring back the speech mini-game from Oblivion in any shape or form. Terrible design decision.

They confirmed it uses Fallout 3-style speech checks.

So it will be percent-based? I would prefer FNV's hard-cap skill checks but at least it's an improvement from Oblivion.