Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

i think a lot of the critics who gushed over oblivion simply hadn't seen such a game before, coming from a console background.

oblivion had a lot of WOW factor if you only played it for about 10 hours. it was only after longer did so many of the hideous flaws become apparent (for many people)

Morrowind was on console too.

yeah but you know they didnt play it :)

Morrowind sold very well on xbox.

Bethesda admitted openly that it's success convinced them to drop pc focus for oblivion.

Nice.

The face doesn't look like a bag of gas.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Must all fantasy weapons be completely impractical?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Must all fantasy weapons be completely impractical?

Yes :lol:

Saw blade weapons could be useful in fantasy world as denizens often possess superhero level strength and speed. And weapons have durability much higher then many real world materials. Thus with enough power, that inpractical saw blade weapon could cut thru full plate armor, flash and bone with relative ease. Just try it (or don't if you're inexperienced with those powertools) with your table saw or angle grinder - Start with extremely low rotation speed and see at what speed you can cut thru various materials. Remember to use Safety gloves and goggles :)

That was complitely offtopic, sorry abou that.

I'll probably wait untill next years QuakeCon Steam deal untill I buy Skyrim. It don't interest me nearly enough to buy at the full price.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

it looks fake to me, but if its real then i approve, i was a bit worried that every race would look like the big bodybuilder nord.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Saw blade weapons could be useful in fantasy world as denizens often possess superhero level strength and speed. And weapons have durability much higher then many real world materials. Thus with enough power, that inpractical saw blade weapon could cut thru full plate armor, flash and bone with relative ease.

Well I suppose it makes no sense to argue with fantasy.

wow, this might be the first game i ever touch the khajit and argonian races, those both look REALLY good.

the khajit reminds me of The Beast from Grant Morissons Here Comes Tomorrow run. (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0311/24/newxmen153.jpg)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've been quite critical towards this game, and likely continue to be so, but these character models do look really good - especially the argonian.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

wow, this might be the first game i ever touch the khajit and argonian races, those both look REALLY good.

Same here. Neogaf has a thread up with all the new screenshots. I need a screen of a Redguard nao! (I hope Beth makes them look visually distinct and not just dark-skinned humans.)

EDIT:

Most badass Khajiit I've ever seen.

fjlmD.jpg

Edited by MechanicalLemon

The game looks really good and will look even better when the modders will get their hands on it (though as always, they'll overdo it too :lol: ), but that really has never been my main problem with Oblivion and it's not what I'm interested about in Skyrim.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

RipTenBosmer-600x337.png

The Bosmer have been de-pussified, I can't imagine him bitching about a lost ring.

But isn't that one of the "TES strengths" (at least since Oblivion), having unexpected NPC behavior? I can imagine the radiant storytelling having a guy looking like that posing a quest of missing nailclippers to the player. :thumbsup:

Edited by Undecaf

Still think the character designs look silly but that's really just the lore at work, the character models sure as hell look like a big improvement over Oblivion.

Silly as in exhibiting the traits of He-Man type trash fantasy?